Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheBlitzer's Avatar


TheBlitzer
02.10.2013 , 12:23 PM | #991
1.Name of server. The proginator
2.Name of character(s) affected.
3.Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often?
4.Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc. - Everywhere Mainly Imperial fleet can be Doing anything Talk to vendor Standing around
Your DXDiag in spoiler tags
Spoiler

6.Your reliability report in spoiler tags
Spoiler


7. always closes stright to desktop after bout 1-2 hours i use to be able to play this 7 hours stright But before crash i get Several Lag spikes then closes down
Darkness always surrounds the Feared

Jerek's Avatar


Jerek
02.10.2013 , 02:38 PM | #992
the game randomly crashes to desktop, and i have tried numerous things to try and fix this ranging from updating my GFX drivers to completely uninstalling the game and re-installing and patching the game?

i'm running an Intel I7 2600k CPU
8gb of memory
Nvidia Geforce GTX560
Window 7 x64

1: Red Eclipse EU server
2: all characters
3: Frequency: every 10-45minutes
4:crashes have happened at totally random times i can either be riding my speeder between quest locations, in combat, in dialogue sequences or just sat on fleet checking the GTN

5:
Spoiler


windows reliability report

7:
Spoiler


this is a crash to desktop issue, i have tried running with the current Nvidia drivers and even tried the Beta version hoping this would fix the issue, with little joy.

any help would be great as i reallywant to carry on supporting the game.
☀ OUTER RIM IRREGULARS ☀

Easy-going, mature, casual-friendly guild for those 21 years or older

DarthNuke's Avatar


DarthNuke
02.10.2013 , 05:14 PM | #993
1. Prophecy of the Fice
2. Neslin
3. Once an hour minimum
4. Crashes anywhere and everywhere

Pent I7, GTX 560 Ti, Win32, 8 GB Ram. Vid drivers current. Ran repair. Tried low-end graphics. Still crashes.

starrwalker's Avatar


starrwalker
02.10.2013 , 11:20 PM | #994
i have to add my name to the list of people getting to jick to desktop it has been goin sense i have started to play an continues now i am tired of it can't you people fix this? can we call and take to a tech? would like to find out why this is an on going problem

veradinx's Avatar


veradinx
02.11.2013 , 02:53 AM | #995
Haven't really had any crash issues until I tried landing on Voss, now it crashes whenever I approach the planet with a hud5a room error. Since it happens when I leave my ship I can fly elsewhere and land without a problem so it's definitely localized to Voss.

I tried fixing the launcher and that did nothing and I can play the game everywhere else without issues so there's no need for me to post a dxdiag.

Server: The Ebon Hawk
Character: Hadley

Zuril's Avatar


Zuril
02.11.2013 , 05:11 AM | #996
I have the same issue too, but since too many people reported with the same reliability report there is no need to post mine.

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
02.11.2013 , 05:15 AM | #997
Quote: Originally Posted by veradinx View Post
Haven't really had any crash issues until I tried landing on Voss, now it crashes whenever I approach the planet with a hud5a room error. Since it happens when I leave my ship I can fly elsewhere and land without a problem so it's definitely localized to Voss.

I tried fixing the launcher and that did nothing and I can play the game everywhere else without issues so there's no need for me to post a dxdiag.

Server: The Ebon Hawk
Character: Hadley
I would suggest trying the repair function a few more times per this link
Repair on the launcher after login is lower left cog just in case you just used fixlauncher.exe

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=451795

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
02.11.2013 , 05:18 AM | #998
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerek View Post
the game randomly crashes to desktop, and i have tried numerous things to try and fix this ranging from updating my GFX drivers to completely uninstalling the game and re-installing and patching the game?


this is a crash to desktop issue, i have tried running with the current Nvidia drivers and even tried the Beta version hoping this would fix the issue, with little joy.

any help would be great as i reallywant to carry on supporting the game.
ts3overlay_hook_win32.dll is the issue it seems try not using teamspeak 3 overlay and see if the crashes still occur

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
02.11.2013 , 05:24 AM | #999
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBlitzer View Post
1.Name of server. The proginator
2.Name of character(s) affected.
3.Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often?
4.Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc. - Everywhere Mainly Imperial fleet can be Doing anything Talk to vendor Standing around
Your DXDiag in spoiler tags
Spoiler

6.Your reliability report in spoiler tags
Spoiler


7. always closes stright to desktop after bout 1-2 hours i use to be able to play this 7 hours stright But before crash i get Several Lag spikes then closes down
If 32 bit Vista try the below settings Edited- As I originally put 2050 instead of 2500
Spoiler

Mesah's Avatar


Mesah
02.11.2013 , 12:05 PM | #1000
Thought I'd add my intel here as well. Was hoping it would have been fixed by now, unfortunately, it still occurs.
My intel:
  1. Red Eclipse
  2. All of them, didn't find a char who didn't crash out.
  3. On average every 1 to 3 hours. Sometimes it only takes 30 minutes. Right before it crashes, I get a huge lag spike, most of the times some heavy sound distortion and then it crashes to the desktop: half of the times it crashes immediately, half of the times I have to wait like 5 minutes for the screen to get back to Win 7 (that severe...).
  4. I've seen any location. On the fleet just running around, during flashpoint (running around) (known in the Foundry and Ilum), fighting on a planet (Nar Shaddaa, Voss, Belsavis, anywhere actually). I don't know if it occurs if I stand still, I don't do that :P Also specifically: if I run the game for a short time, and then try to switch instances. I think I have 80% chance I kill my game.
  5. Dxdiag log:
    Spoiler

  6. Reliability report Win 7 (in Dutch, but I assume the setup is known).
    Spoiler

I really really really like SWtOR, and have been a subscriber since the start, but I also really really really do not like these crashes for obvious reasons.
I understand that there is good money to be made creating sales stuff on the Cartel market, but I would love to see this issue analysed and fixed. It has been more than 2 months now since the start of this thread, and there is a lot of intel already. I do not know what the current status is. Please let me know if there is anything more I can do to capture or reproduce the issue on my PC. I have checked the memory usage, every time it crashes to desktop, it is loaded up to 1.7 to 1.99 GB.