Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Idea] Double Bladed lightsaber

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
[Idea] Double Bladed lightsaber

Acharial
10.31.2012 , 07:51 PM | #1
I always loved the double bladed lightsaber and with the arsenal of melee abillites we have as Juggernauts and Guardians I belive the choice to be able to equip a double bladed lightsaber should be there. I know assassin and Shadow have it but they have horrible looking moves with the saber and there are so few melee abillties for them to begin with.

What do you guys believe. I personally think it would fit Juggernauts and Guardians perfectly.

EnalisNailo
10.31.2012 , 07:53 PM | #2
If they did change it single blade would be obsolete. The double-edge sabers have a much higher attack modifier. Next time you're in game compare a double-edge to a single edge of the same weapon raiting.
Dark Templar - Nemesis - Proper Villains
-55 Roster-
Enalis, the Vengance Juggernaut - Sčrina, the Darkness Assassin - Morrigon, the Carnage Marauder
Raveną, the Marksmen Sniper - Rąsputin, the Lightning Sorcerer - Nikolay, the Shield Tech Power Tech -
Terrinas the Medicine Operative - Sčlene the Arsenal Mercenary - Aterus the Vigilance Guardian -
Dimitrius the Vengeance Juggernaut

Acharial
11.01.2012 , 04:24 AM | #3
This can easily be solved with the scaling of abillties changing when you equip a double bladed lightsaber though. It shouldn't be that hard to manage.

Zaxem
11.01.2012 , 04:55 AM | #4
if they scale it to be just as good as a single bladed saber i for one would love this idea because in every star wars game i had the option 2 i would never only stick with 1 lightsaber type i constally change it. I mean i have a assassin and the only melee movie i like is voltaic slash. Be cool to use the dbble bladded saber as a pure melee class
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

Acharial
11.01.2012 , 05:47 AM | #5
My idea was obviously not to make the double bladed lightsaber any superior to single of course. Just a personal preference, since we don't have a pure "melee" wiedling a double bladed lightsaber.

Jagrattlehead
11.01.2012 , 03:00 PM | #6
I think it could work for the Marauder/Sentinel classes. Give them the option for two blades or double blades.

Acharial
11.01.2012 , 04:46 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagrattlehead View Post
I think it could work for the Marauder/Sentinel classes. Give them the option for two blades or double blades.
This is a very good option too!

Scathe
11.01.2012 , 10:16 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagrattlehead View Post
This. If any SW/JK is going to be getting double-bladed lightsabers I'd much rather it be the Marauder/Sentinel just for the way they are played. Juggernaut/Guardians just seem to be perfect for single bladed weapons. Though if we got Double-Bladed weapons, we should at least be fair to the Assassins/Shadows and let them get the option of dual wielding.
I am at Peace; for I know Emotion. I have Power; for I also have Knowledge. I have Passion; for I am Serene. I can embrace Mortality; for I know Death, I am balanced through the Force.

KcirSirrah
11.02.2012 , 08:59 AM | #9
I think it would work great in the Marauder class but at the same time you should be given the option to select it as a skill in the skill tree. This way you could use a single or double/two singles. I think if you have to spend skill points to get to it then people would think about what would be best for them and their play style. Personally I hate the double blade and I even hate using two blades but thats just my personal opinion. I am more of an at a distance fighter so the sorc, bh, and agent classes are my faves so the lightsaber discussion really wouldnt bother me.
Charcters lvl 50-55: Clectama (55 Oper.) Purpledeath (55 Merc.), Jystri (55 Sorc), Encumer (55 Com), Seventhhammer (55 Jug)

myolinyr
11.02.2012 , 09:11 AM | #10
This is ridiculous. The double-bladed saber has attacks specifically linked to it, as do the marauder and sentinel have attacks specifically linked to the fact that they will be double wielding. Not only do they lose the better attacks but they won't get any to replace them. Unless BW would effectively ruin the classes by mixing and matching attacks which, I don't see happening to be honest.