Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feedback Request: Moddable Outfits

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Feedback Request: Moddable Outfits
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

11.23.2012 , 04:28 AM | #611
I support the general trend that is happening with the thread.

Star Wars outfits and uniforms.. not fantasy type outfits with lots of 'bits' on them like we have seen so far.

Just uniforms and other outfits (even simple brown jedi robes) that are seen in the movies and throughout Star Wars lore. No more fantasy themed stuff like the last set of Tier armor.

My Imperial Agent would just like the Imperial uniforms worn by the Columni vendors.. not the Assassin Creed styled outfits they are actually selling. Give us Star Wars looks. Not 'creative' fantasy armor. I think that's what we are all asking?

This is what I'm talking about: http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...1-16-10-98.jpg

limenutpen
11.23.2012 , 04:41 AM | #612
Do not know if mentioned;

but I would add the following customizations;

- variety of color changes to chest which then modifies the rest, I would say minimum 10 basic colors
- allowing for certain Crew Skills to make green or blue armor into Orange custom slots with RE (ex Synthweaving)
- ability to Hide gloves, belts and bracers

I will go with the chorus; Toggle up and down for Hoods but something instant u can do it when u want. I love the scenes in SW when Jedi put the toggle up and down.
Nutpen: Sage, Lim'suno: Scoundrel, Lei'Suno: Commando, Color-full: Sentinel
Los'suno: Assasin, Diopen: Juggernaut, Grandblu: Powertech, Brontolon: Sniper

Max_Gambit
11.23.2012 , 04:48 AM | #613
Well some outfits i really would want would be ;

Red Guard (http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/File:Swtor-red-guard.jpg)

White guard armor (theres two guards talking right next to one elevator on fleet.)

I would kill for The Smuggler (gunslinger) Armor in the trailer

RD-07A Vendetta Set

Mandalorian armor

Toth's (the security key vendor on Empire's) outfit

The imperial uniform that agents gets.

Ukabi's armor on Nar shadda listening post mission.

Add a dye slot for color (like weapons have) that allow players to choose the dominate color of the gear.
Give dyes as a craft to biochem.
Impetus Norvegicus
Norwegian Empire Community
Guild forum | Guild HQ
Referal http://www.swtor.com/r/VnnkKz

11.23.2012 , 04:54 AM | #614
If they added no new armor but just gave us the ability to dye what we have.. they would make a fortune selling dye packs on the Cartel Market. Players went nuts over them in GW2.

Longbound
11.23.2012 , 05:38 AM | #615
Need more single part armor. I would like unique style helmets (low lvl and high lvl), handgears, boosts(empire and republic same). And dont just use other faction style. Make some rare skin. Implement a little bit more weapons.
I like the curent cartel armors, but i think need more unique style (more expensive? no problem).

Example: Mandalorian helmets and armor parts, Sith robes with hood and mask, Jedi robes and armors, trooper hvy armors.

Just make it a little bit more unique.

Nichos_Ketra
11.23.2012 , 10:13 AM | #616
Are the developers still paying attention to this thread, now that it has been unstickied, or do they feel that it has served its purpose? Because we the players are far from out of ideas for things that we'd like to be able to get for our characters when it comes to both outfits and weapons.

Monoth
11.23.2012 , 10:27 AM | #617
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hey folks, the Cartel Market team wants your help and advice in determining possible future content.

Specifically, they want to hear about what current in-game outfits youíve been envious of that you would love to see available for other classes as moddable outfits. Please post your thoughts and ideas below!
I would love to see some of the Sith Outfits available for the Republic without them changing colors or appearance, would be nice to have a few black outfits for the Republic side, heck even Luke Skywalker wore black ..
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

Nichos_Ketra
11.24.2012 , 01:08 AM | #618
Continued from my earlier list, I would also love to see:
  • Elegant, maroon robes for Jedi Consulars. Or at least that wouldn't look out of place on one. Could be a variant of the Custom quality Force Magister's set.
  • Adaptive Imperial Officer uniform, like what Republic characters can get as a pilot uniform.
  • Single-bladed lightsaber that uses a double-bladed lightsaber model, displaying only one blade when activated.

Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
Suggestions to add certain types of armor

I would suggest you add the following items..all available at level 1, Orange Adaptive armor

Pilot's Overcoat
This provides a plain white robe. I would recommend you add a plain black version for the Imperial side (on the Imperial side it is an open coat style robe with red accents...)

Would also be nice to add this with white, black and grey versions, maybe even dark red. Doing so would probably be wildly popular, as many seem to ask for this type of plain robe quite often.

Note: Some of these items may already be offered.

Other items that should be added

Helmets Only

RD-13A Raider helmet
TD-07A Panther Headgear or Hooligans Headgear
Blast guard helmet
Champion War Hero Weaponmaster's Headgear
Xenotech Weaponmaster's Headgear
Fervent Battle Headgear
Veteran Elder Blade's Headgear

Chestpieces

Assault Chestguard
Riveted Chestguard

Full Outfits

TH-16A Master Medic or Imperial Coordination Prototype
Commando Elite Prototype
Clan Varad Recon
Marauderís Exalted
Republic Trooper
Drelliad
TH-15A Medic Commando
RD-07A Vendetta

I might also recommend you consider converting all current offered armor sets to an Orange Armor/Adaptive Armor combination, available for use at level 1 with minimal mods installed. At the most level 10.

A few pluses to approaching it this way..

1) You can use the gear on anyone, getting a true unique look
2) You still have to outfit the armor with proper mods, so it's not P2W since the mods are lousy for all but the lowest level characters
3) To my knowledge there is no orange armor in the game that is also adaptive. So it would be a unique set of items, and therefore highly prized...and with a 5 day unlock would be available to those that do not wish to purchase it in the store.

So in my opinion this would have been a win for everyone.
I agree wholly that the armor in the Cartel Market should be changed to have no level restrictions and minimal mods, like what they already did with the weapons. Since the point of these items is the appearance, all you should really be buying is a shell, in my opinion.

Guardious
11.24.2012 , 02:13 AM | #619
As a returning founder and now subscribed player I would like to give my 2cents...

From the Legacy system to the new Cartel, I actually am enjoying the game more now then ever. I did find I basicly deleted all my toons and started fresh except for my one max character that has helped allot sense so much has changed from launch day.

Now to the subject at hand, I do love the new looks (this game needed it!) and I love the direction it is going. I would as many love to see varities, I think the biggest thing this game could use is a swift kick in colorization. Let us buy armor that we can change the colors on and customize a bit more. If that is not possible, might I refer to future and old Starwars material. You see plenty of cool examples in game of nice looking gear from npc's. While some, being unique on their own, should also be purchasable and allow us to "be unique".

The system really needs a kick in customization , you get that in and now we are talking, that's my 2cents on it.

edit: PS. those huge freakn shoulder blades ruin emmerision , I think it was a horrible concept in design and too this day I still see many people avoiding costumes with those huge triangle shoulder blades. Rework definitly!
"The monster created isn't by
the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was" -Chaintm

Nyysjan
11.24.2012 , 03:27 AM | #620
Shade like goggles, more "street wear" (not obviously an armor), more (and different looking) uniforms usable by companions, sleeker longcoats/trenchcoats (and some with hoods).
camo type armor sniper could use.
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudKiller View Post
Agent: "If you want a door smashed down call a Sith Warrior, if you want a door blow to pieces call a Bounty Hunter, if you want the key to the door and the knowledge of what lies beyond it then you call me."