Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which Era would be best to make new movies?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Which Era would be best to make new movies?

SoonerJBD
10.30.2012 , 04:39 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by CelCawdro View Post
You seem to think that the movies are required to be based on existing material. No such requirement exists, and George Lucas himself has stated that "his" vision of post-RotJ events is different from the EU material. And he's serving as a creative consultant.

Lucas even stated his overt distaste of Mara Jade: particularly the marriage to Luke, a Jedi.
Ugh, this is why Lucas needs to be cut out of the process.The original trilogy completely disproves the Jedi concept of attachments being bad. This is why the NJO got rid of that stupidity. You can't pretend that the Jedi were right about that idea when it was Luke's attachment to his father and his sister and friends that saved the galaxy from the Emperor.

I'm not overly attached to the EU. I know they are going to have to change the timeline around regardless of what they do with a sequel. But I hope they don't completely throw it out.

Slowpokeking
10.30.2012 , 04:41 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Already in the news, Timothy Zahn is being contacted by Disney. Now why would Disney do this? My bet, it's going to be the Thrawn series.
The Thrawn Trilogy is very good to make movies, if they can solve the recast problem

Ralph for Thrawn and Kate Beckinsale for Mara Jade!

Cross_Fade
10.30.2012 , 04:41 PM | #33
I will agree that I think the attachment thing is a little ridiculous. Thats one thing I liked about the NJO

SoonerJBD
10.30.2012 , 04:43 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Why not? Some of the EU stories are really good and could be made into good movies, why would they try to do the hard way?
Some of the EU stories would work as inspiration for a movie, but they will not make direct adaptations. The novels are far too complicated with far too many plot lines and characters. Casual Star Wars fans who haven't kept up with the EU would get lost if they just tried to do a direct adaptation. And those are the people the movie will be aimed at.

SoonerJBD
10.30.2012 , 04:44 PM | #35
I don't want to see someone else in the Luke role, and I REALLY don't want to see a new Han Solo. I love the Thrawn Trilogy, but this is a bad idea.

Slowpokeking
10.30.2012 , 04:46 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
Some of the EU stories would work as inspiration for a movie, but they will not make direct adaptations. The novels are far too complicated with far too many plot lines and characters. Casual Star Wars fans who haven't kept up with the EU would get lost if they just tried to do a direct adaptation. And those are the people the movie will be aimed at.
They can keep the main plot and do some change like PJ did to LotR.

ScarletBlaze
10.30.2012 , 04:57 PM | #37
There are various opinions as to what part of the after the ROTJ era wil be used for the movie and we can argue our opinions all day but something tells me this is something Disney and George have already discusssed since they have stated they are gong to make a new one and it will be released in 2015.

They already have the plans most likely in effect . You don't enter into this sort of contract without an idea what you plan to do.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

Garravesh
10.30.2012 , 05:11 PM | #38
i am probably of the minority. I believe ST is done as a series of movies.

It has lived its life to the fullest and anything else will just lessen its iconic appeal IMO.

Obviously the money makers at Disney believe otherwise. they are gonna make movies and tv shows and prrobably another Xmas special and milk every last penny out of the franchise they can.......boooo