Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Which Era would be best to make new movies?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Which Era would be best to make new movies?

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
10.30.2012 , 03:40 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MicheWihar View Post
Plus the original actors are old enough to play the roles of that time period.
2 of them already quit acting, Mark only do voice over now.

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
10.30.2012 , 03:53 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
2 of them already quit acting, Mark only do voice over now.
I imagine they would consider un-retiring if they were offered the sort of money such a movie would bring them.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
10.30.2012 , 03:58 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
I imagine they would consider un-retiring if they were offered the sort of money such a movie would bring them.
They haven't done movies and keep good shape(compare to movie actors) for a long while. Let them return to the screen would simply ruin their heroic old images.

Cial's Avatar


Cial
10.30.2012 , 03:58 PM | #14
NJO or TOR

Yuuzhan Vong vs Jedis or Jedi vs Sith . Both would make excellent screen spectacle.
Cialy - Mara
Cial - Sorc
The Bastion

CelCawdro's Avatar


CelCawdro
10.30.2012 , 04:00 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
2 of them already quit acting, Mark only do voice over now.
I'm sure that the entire cast (still living, anyway) would be all for a few "pass-the-torch" cameos. Even Harrison Ford just recently started to attend conventions.

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
10.30.2012 , 04:02 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
They haven't done movies and keep good shape(compare to movie actors) for a long while. Let them return to the screen would simply ruin their heroic old images.
Well, that's the good part about making it mostly about the kids. You couldn't make the original actors work for the Thrawn Trilogy, but you could for Darth Caedus. Luke and Leia and Han aren't the main characters. I think they can make Mark Hamill look like a presentable older Luke Skywalker and put Carrie Fisher on a diet long enough for a bit of screen time.

SNCommand's Avatar


SNCommand
10.30.2012 , 04:03 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
How about this cast?

Ulic Qel-Droma: Cannot find a good one yet.

Exar Kun: Jude Law

Nomi Sunstrider: Kate Beckinsale

Cay Qel-Droma: Chris Evans

Aleema Keto: January Jones


Satal Keto:Tom Hiddleston


Master Arca: Ian McKellen


Freedon Nadd: Ralph Fiennes



Queen Amanoa:Helena Bonham Carter


King Ommin: Anthony Hopkins
*shudder*

I just remembered why I don't want new Star Wars movies
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

CelCawdro's Avatar


CelCawdro
10.30.2012 , 04:04 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
Well, that's the good part about making it mostly about the kids. You couldn't make the original actors work for the Thrawn Trilogy, but you could for Darth Caedus. Luke and Leia and Han aren't the main characters. I think they can make Mark Hamill look like a presentable older Luke Skywalker and put Carrie Fisher on a diet long enough for a bit of screen time.
Eh. I actually think that Carrie Fisher's "matronly" frame deserves screen time.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
10.30.2012 , 04:04 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
Well, that's the good part about making it mostly about the kids. You couldn't make the original actors work for the Thrawn Trilogy, but you could for Darth Caedus. Luke and Leia and Han aren't the main characters. I think they can make Mark Hamill look like a presentable older Luke Skywalker and put Carrie Fisher on a diet long enough for a bit of screen time.
I think start a new era should be the best. We don't have to worry about new actors at all.

The Great Sith War, KOTOR1&2 are far more epic than Darth Caedus' tale. As Jacen he is cool but as a villain he failed too quickly.

CelCawdro's Avatar


CelCawdro
10.30.2012 , 04:07 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
I think start a new era should be the best. We don't have to worry about new actors at all.

The Great Sith War, KOTOR1&2 are far more epic than Darth Caedus' tale. As Jacen he is cool but as a villain he failed too quickly.
Never going to happen. At least, not at first. They're going to build onto the established, mainstream and widely-known (and proven profitable) timeframe before taking a risk on anything else.