Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which Era would be best to make new movies?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Which Era would be best to make new movies?

Slowpokeking
10.30.2012 , 03:08 PM | #1
I don't think post ROTJ is a good idea because not many people could accept recast of the big 3.

The Great Sith War is the best I could think about, KOTOR is also awesome but not that epic. TOR's canon story has not been done yet.

Roechacca
10.30.2012 , 03:12 PM | #2
They could squeeze 10 more movies out of the clone wars. But then I'd have to wait 9 of those for Anakin to be able to act.
Only worst of the worst may join MOB.

MicheWihar
10.30.2012 , 03:15 PM | #3
They need to do the "New Jedi Order" book series.

GymQuirk
10.30.2012 , 03:16 PM | #4
What you could have is an enraged Sith Lord use black-hole creating superweapon and send himself and an aged Luke (post Fate of the Jedi) back in time to some time before Episode 1, creating an alternate timeline, and then destroy Tatooine...

No wait. We've seen this before, haven't we?

Gym "And this would also screw up the Legacy Comics too...Hrm..." Quirk
As if I have anything worth putting in a signature...

MicheWihar
10.30.2012 , 03:17 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by GymQuirk View Post
What you could have is an enraged Sith Lord use black-hole creating superweapon and send himself and an aged Luke (post Fate of the Jedi) back in time to some time before Episode 1, creating an alternate timeline, and then destroy Tatooine...

No wait. We've seen this before, haven't we?

Gym "And this would also screw up the Legacy Comics too...Hrm..." Quirk
When I heard the news I was suddenly afraid they would use Time Travel and try to reboot it.

Wolfninjajedi
10.30.2012 , 03:18 PM | #6
Its Episode 7, so more then likely its gonna take place Post_ROTJ.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Cross_Fade
10.30.2012 , 03:19 PM | #7
I hope they keep up with it after ROTJ

But also make separate movies, like a few about Revan, TOR. Really there's a lot of possibilities

SoonerJBD
10.30.2012 , 03:19 PM | #8
No question for me that they need to do a new trilogy focusing on the rise and fall of Darth Caedus. Too much of the EU stuff doesn't translate to screen very well and is too over-complicated. And no matter what they do, they will have to alter the story pretty significantly. But Darth Caedus' rise and fall gives you the Solos and Luke Skywalker and their klds. It gives you Mara Jade and Kyle Katarn and Kyp Durron. And I think it is the best story to tell that has the same feel as the original trilogy.

MicheWihar
10.30.2012 , 03:23 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
No question for me that they need to do a new trilogy focusing on the rise and fall of Darth Caedus. Too much of the EU stuff doesn't translate to screen very well and is too over-complicated. And no matter what they do, they will have to alter the story pretty significantly. But Darth Caedus' rise and fall gives you the Solos and Luke Skywalker and their klds. It gives you Mara Jade and Kyle Katarn and Kyp Durron. And I think it is the best story to tell that has the same feel as the original trilogy.
Plus the original actors are old enough to play the roles of that time period.

Slowpokeking
10.30.2012 , 03:39 PM | #10
How about this cast?

Ulic Qel-Droma: Cannot find a good one yet.

Exar Kun: Jude Law

Nomi Sunstrider: Kate Beckinsale

Cay Qel-Droma: Chris Evans

Aleema Keto: January Jones

Satal Keto:Tom Hiddleston

Master Arca: Ian McKellen

Freedon Nadd: Ralph Fiennes

Queen Amanoa:Helena Bonham Carter

King Ommin: Anthony Hopkins