Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force flight

khayyinx
10.30.2012 , 10:45 AM | #1
Could the force users really fly? There's a topic in wookieepedia about it. We also see this in ROTS when sidious levitate the senate pod he's on (which is almost as levitating himself) and in kotor Revan is shown meditating and floating about a meter above the ground...
What about darth vader? He can fly?

Wolfninjajedi
10.30.2012 , 11:49 AM | #2
Vader to my knowledge, hasn't been shown to fly. But I don't see why its not possible to fly using it, The Force can do pretty much anything. The only thing that limits The Force, is the user's knowledge and skill with it.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

mefit
10.30.2012 , 11:57 AM | #3
Sidious was powerful , old , and extremely wise in the force and the abilities there for of . While I do not think Flight would be possible , Levitation seems to be very possible seeing how Sidious used it .
What Revan did was probably only possible through meditation .

You can see that Force Users have used something to increase the height in which they jump and soften their landing from heights . To truely master something along flight has yet to be seen and probably will only be possible through FANBOY EU Luke who seems to be possible of everything !
Give a Man a Mask and he'll become his true self

SNCommand
10.30.2012 , 11:57 AM | #4
Well gravity ain't that strong, I guess if you apply enough counter force you can actually levitate and give the illusion of flying
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

Rayla_Felana
10.30.2012 , 11:58 AM | #5
Exar Kun knew Force Flight and used it many times.

Aurbere
10.30.2012 , 12:02 PM | #6
It is possible. Several Force users have used Flight or something close to it. But I don't think its like Superman flight lol.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi
10.30.2012 , 12:03 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
FANBOY EU Luke who seems to be possible of everything !
Ok what is with this Mefit? Are you trying to say something here?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
10.30.2012 , 12:05 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Ok what is with this Mefit? Are you trying to say something here?
Seems like it. Though Mefit is too vague for me to crack this code.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Reynaga
10.30.2012 , 01:39 PM | #9
Force Flight is considered to be an exagerated Force Levitation which is based off of Force Meditation. Many Force users were documented using Force Flight. Yeah I saw the post the guy made about Luke (and yes Luke has on several occasions used Force Flight, and his wife knows how to use it too.) The NJO seems to have a few people who use it such as Ganner (not 100% sure when Jedi Qu Rahn started to use it, before NJO or after, but he did frequently).
The Korbin Legacy B.C.
"When fighting monsters, one must take care not to become a monster themselves." F. N.

Slowpokeking
10.30.2012 , 01:41 PM | #10
Dooku used it once.