Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Prequel's Anakin


Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
10.29.2012 , 03:08 PM | #1
One of the major reasons people dislike the prequel is that the Anakin in prequel was a lot different than the bad *** Darth Vader in OT. I also like RotS novel's dark Anakin a lot, but think about it. If Anakin really was a powerful and determined individual like Exar Kun or Darth Kyrat before he became Sith, I don't see how would he turn to the Dark Side then redeem himself through his son's love. Ulic and Revan were turned by poison/mind control.

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
10.29.2012 , 03:14 PM | #2
The major reason people don't like prequel Anakin is because he's a big baby. His romance with Padme was the most pathetic love story I've ever seen.

IronFirewind's Avatar


IronFirewind
10.29.2012 , 03:50 PM | #3
It was down to a combination of bad writing and acting. Watch the Clone Wars cartoon, Anakin is much better written and has a voice actor that actually can voice act so he's a lot more likeable in it then he was in the PT films.
Lilisetté - Assassin | The Progenitor EU (RP)

SNCommand's Avatar


SNCommand
10.29.2012 , 03:57 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by IronFirewind View Post
It was down to a combination of bad writing and acting. Watch the Clone Wars cartoon, Anakin is much better written and has a voice actor that actually can voice act so he's a lot more likeable in it then he was in the PT films.
Yeah, watched the Clone Wars and was surprised how much better Anakin is done, he doesn't seem whiny, but more brash and unorthodox, he seems rebellious but also shows more of the authoritative figure he will become as Vader
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

Lurtzello's Avatar


Lurtzello
10.29.2012 , 04:26 PM | #5
I think the diffrences of Anakin in Episodes I and II compared to the him in the other movies underline more the drastic change that happened. From sensitive, joyful and a little naive it's almost as if he's lost the will to live, just like Padme, and is kept together only by his machinery and his rage.
He's had a lust for power, at least since Attack Of The Clones, but not like Ulic's or Exar Kun's (of whom he shares the strictness of the masters).
His fall is more related to him asking himself "Jedi have such power, why can't we simply free all of the slaves of Tatooine?", understanding his naivity and discovering his (and of the Jedi and the Republic) inability to uphold his core ideals.
All of this makes his fall all the more dramatic and subtle than most (especially compared to the one of Exar Kun, aming those already named in the thread).
That's my opinion.
Everything is STAR WARS is the best.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
10.29.2012 , 04:33 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Lurtzello View Post
I think the diffrences of Anakin in Episodes I and II compared to the him in the other movies underline more the drastic change that happened. From sensitive, joyful and a little naive it's almost as if he's lost the will to live, just like Padme, and is kept together only by his machinery and his rage.
He's had a lust for power, at least since Attack Of The Clones, but not like Ulic's or Exar Kun's (of whom he shares the strictness of the masters).
His fall is more related to him asking himself "Jedi have such power, why can't we simply free all of the slaves of Tatooine?", understanding his naivity and discovering his (and of the Jedi and the Republic) inability to uphold his core ideals.
All of this makes his fall all the more dramatic and subtle than most (especially compared to the one of Exar Kun, aming those already named in the thread).
That's my opinion.
Dooku, Jacen and Krayt fell to the Dark Side also because they thought the Jedi is weak and the Sith could bring order to the galaxy.

I think Anakin wanted to become a Jedi because he wanted to protect his loved ones, but the Jedi way, at least at that time thought they should let things go, and the Sith' way, at least the power could fulfill his wish.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
10.29.2012 , 06:43 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Dooku, Jacen and Krayt fell to the Dark Side also because they thought the Jedi is weak and the Sith could bring order to the galaxy.

I think Anakin wanted to become a Jedi because he wanted to protect his loved ones, but the Jedi way, at least at that time thought they should let things go, and the Sith' way, at least the power could fulfill his wish.
Which is exactly what led him to the darkside, he wanted to protect the one that he loved but he went about doing it the wrong way. Made a deal with the devil(Palpatine in this case) and sold his soul(pretty much all of who he once was) in order to save the one that he loved. It isn't that hard to figure out, but people just keep looking at Anakin not as a broken and disturbed man but a baby which isn't right.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
10.29.2012 , 07:41 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Which is exactly what led him to the darkside, he wanted to protect the one that he loved but he went about doing it the wrong way. Made a deal with the devil(Palpatine in this case) and sold his soul(pretty much all of who he once was) in order to save the one that he loved. It isn't that hard to figure out, but people just keep looking at Anakin not as a broken and disturbed man but a baby which isn't right.
I think both side has faults, the Jedi, at that time indeed are too stubborn, even Yoda himself confessed at the end.

If it was Plagueis who made deal with Anakin, maybe Padme could indeed be saved.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
10.29.2012 , 10:27 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
I think both side has faults, the Jedi, at that time indeed are too stubborn, even Yoda himself confessed at the end.

If it was Plagueis who made deal with Anakin, maybe Padme could indeed be saved.
Padme could have been saved if Anakin had stayed with the jedi. He was the one that killed her, ironic no?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
10.29.2012 , 10:30 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Padme could have been saved if Anakin had stayed with the jedi. He was the one that killed her, ironic no?
Well if Anakin didn't corrupt Palpatine would just kill Windu(he was pretending to be weak) and still gave order 66.

If Plagueis was alive, he could go to that funeral to revive Padme from death.