Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jherad
02.20.2013 , 10:20 PM | #1331
Yeah, I have to reiterate that point about alacrity. You want it. Those extra bits in the skill trees are very worthwhile.

I'd like to see what it's like if stacked insanely high now.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

mandoforlife
02.20.2013 , 10:22 PM | #1332
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Well, can't seem to copy my main to the PTS (my alts copy just fine), so I've only been able to play with a really badly geared copy from way back (mix of WH and BM, doesn't have any augs). There's a nice terminal that will zip you up to lvl 55.

Played a fairly one sided voidstar, did about 490k, a vanguard did close to a million. I reeeeally hope thats my bad gear talking - I'm seeing some crazy hitpoints. My guy was boosted to 22k, and I'm seeing sentinels with 37k, and vanguards with 45k+

The damage from electro net was pretty much ignorable by everyone (quelle surprise), but the effect is quite nice. I still don\t know if it can be removed, I didn't get it cast on me. I wish it was available twice as often. I did kill someone kiting with it once, with a tick of about 450 or so (I think the ticks started in the late 200s).

TTK is waaaaay down. The damage flying around is INSANE. As is the CC.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/704154/Valo..._50_252583.jpg
My Net was ticking considerably higher, getting into 1k, 2k range on the final ticks on a moving target. I'm fully augmented WH with almost half my gear replaced with EWH, so I'd say that's your BM gear talking.

But I can totally advocate the crazy damage and hp. 40k hp on someone in PvE gear, and damage is flying; hit a scoundrel with an 8k heatseeker. It's very common to see 800k+ damage at the end of a match.
Vamark Skirata 55 Mercenary <Meet Killface>
Sirsuitntie Sorcerer - Jatne Operative - Zaavar Assassin - Alsaire Marauder
The Bastion

Jherad
02.20.2013 , 10:24 PM | #1333
Yeah, I think something screwy is going on with the 'new and improved' bolstering right now. People with good gear seem to have their stats boosted beyond belief, and people with bad gear not so much. It's all assbackwards. That sent with 37k hp also had over 2k expertise heh (at least according to inspect, who knows if THAT is working).
Youtube / Twitch

ArchangelLBC
02.21.2013 , 12:18 AM | #1334
Not gonna lie. Thems some pretty exciting changes. Glad to be proven wrong on the wait we'd have and holy crap guys Hold the Line is a trooper ability now!

Can anyone post skill tree changes? If Demo Round is still the top then there has to be some new stuff in the middle.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Jherad
02.21.2013 , 05:36 AM | #1335
Off the top of my head, new stuff in the gunnery tree includes:

1 point talent to increase duration of Hold the Line by 4 seconds
2 point talent to give your aggro drop a 50%/100% chance to redirect 1 force attack
2 point talent to reduce cooldown of shield by 3 secs on damage (5/100% chance) also 20% chance to proc a minor damage absorb.
Youtube / Twitch

yoomazir
02.21.2013 , 06:45 AM | #1336
Did nearly 1 million dmg on a WZ, Electro Net is effin amazing, I smell an incoming nerf on us :-(

SpaniardInfinity
02.21.2013 , 07:07 AM | #1337
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
Did nearly 1 million dmg on a WZ, Electro Net is effin amazing, I smell an incoming nerf on us :-(
I wouldn't mind a month of being completely and utterly overpowered after all the time we've been sidelined. We do have to make up for lost time, don't we?
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

ArchangelLBC
02.21.2013 , 07:53 AM | #1338
I think we'll have to see how things shake out. It will provide us with some quite good utility (albeit on a 90s cooldown so not spammable) and it's not like we're the only ones who got buffs. At first glance, given the cooldown and the fact that it's commando we're talking about, I think it's pretty fairly balanced actually.

Will have to see how it plays live though.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Jherad
02.21.2013 , 09:17 AM | #1339
Ok, so I wouldn't take anything at face value right now. There is a HUGE bug with bolstering on the test server which is causing certain specs and certain equipment to give huge stat boosts. People are now running around with hundreds of thousands of hp, and doing many millions of points of damage.

Wait until the bug is fixed before we see how much damage anything does in a warzone heh.

http://ru.twitch.tv/luxfordswtor/b/369704618
Youtube / Twitch

yoomazir
02.21.2013 , 09:19 AM | #1340
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Ok, so I wouldn't take anything at face value right now. There is a HUGE bug with bolstering on the test server which is causing certain specs and certain equipment to give huge stat boosts. People are now running around with hundreds of thousands of hp, and doing many millions of points of damage.

Wait until the bug is fixed before we see how much damage anything does in a warzone heh.
Yeah, maybe I had that bug, dunno, we'll see in the next days.