Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Big PvP change in 1.5 - is it intended?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Big PvP change in 1.5 - is it intended?

nellosmomishot
10.31.2012 , 12:10 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Meepbot View Post
someone mentioned this earlier on the PTS forums, and someone else gave a reply that I agreed with, saying that in the time those people are going through, respeccing, changing their gear, and changing their bars, they could have gone out and done something more constructive. Besides, if someone is standing in some corner or the spawn zone taking all the time to do this, it puts the rest of the team at a numerical disadvantage while that person is respeccing and changing their bars. Now imagine if you have 8 people taking the time to respec in a huttball.... yeah wouldnt turn out well
It doesn't take that long. In about 20 seconds I can be respecced and changed my bars (healer - dps on a sage doesn't require drastically different gear.

Say you are up 2 nodes to 1 in civil war. However, something unfortunate happens and you lose one. Would it be better to continuously assault the base with 1 tank 2 healers and 4 DPS? Or would it be better to take 20 seconds, get respecced, then attack the node with 6 DPS and 1 healer?
Nellosmomishot - 55 Sage (Seer)
<Intrepid>
U'should Unsub - 55 Guardian (Defense)
<Adroit>

Michka
10.31.2012 , 02:35 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Meepbot View Post
someone mentioned this earlier on the PTS forums, and someone else gave a reply that I agreed with, saying that in the time those people are going through, respeccing, changing their gear, and changing their bars, they could have gone out and done something more constructive. Besides, if someone is standing in some corner or the spawn zone taking all the time to do this, it puts the rest of the team at a numerical disadvantage while that person is respeccing and changing their bars. Now imagine if you have 8 people taking the time to respec in a huttball.... yeah wouldnt turn out well
People already DO this though and it doesn't take as long as you think. It is easy to do it in the time it takes while waiting for a spawn timer on a door, on the civil war speeder, or in the minute prior to a match starting.

Since people already do it now when it costs a lot of money over time to do it constantly, no doubt more people will do it (and more often) when it's free.
SIDOROV LEGACY
SORVALI.operative ++ DARQKLAW.mercenary ++ KHARAMAZOV.sorceror
STEELCLAW.scoundrel ++ DOMITROVICH.vanguard
<Zorz> <Ex-Dalborran Elitists>

nellosmomishot
11.01.2012 , 12:31 PM | #13
Bump. Still looking for a yellow response if this is or is not intended.
<Intrepid>
<Adroit>

TheEdgeOfMadness
11.01.2012 , 09:34 PM | #14
I can respec and change my bars in about 30secs (scoundrel sawbones/scrapper) and sometimes do so in games where we have too many healers. I can see it being a very big issue.

Fuzztastical
11.02.2012 , 02:48 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by nellosmomishot View Post
Bump, don't see why this is so hard to get an answer. This is either the way it's intended to go live, or it isn't.
Bumpidity for my Nellos! I am very curious about this is well. I'll just keep quoting it

BHAvalon
11.02.2012 , 02:51 AM | #16
Im curious about this too. This could completely change competitive/ranked warzones.

nellosmomishot
11.02.2012 , 11:14 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by TheEdgeOfMadness View Post
I can respec and change my bars in about 30secs (scoundrel sawbones/scrapper) and sometimes do so in games where we have too many healers. I can see it being a very big issue.
I'm not even seeing it as an issue. I just don't want to start changing a bunch of strategies in 1.5 to hear "Oops, we goofed. It's no longer functional in 1.6".
<Intrepid>
<Adroit>

ARagingNoob
11.02.2012 , 11:21 AM | #18
Pointed this out as well on PTS. Honestly best solution I see is to have a CD on Field Respec (15-20 min/ approx one WZ length) or to somehow disable it in a WZ.
Jedi Covenant
Yül 50 Sniper Pálla 50 Powertech
Selva 50 Sith Assassin Briánna 50 Operative

Fuzztastical
11.02.2012 , 07:45 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuzztastical View Post
Bumpidity for my Nellos! I am very curious about this is well. I'll just keep quoting it
So... what's the deal?

nellosmomishot
11.03.2012 , 03:44 PM | #20
bump, bump, bump bump it up.
<Intrepid>
<Adroit>