Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Big PvP change in 1.5 - is it intended?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Big PvP change in 1.5 - is it intended?

nellosmomishot
10.25.2012 , 12:41 PM | #1
I posted this in the PvP forum, but think it might be better served here.

In 1.5 subscribers are no longer going to have to pay for respeccing. If this is combined with the legacy unlock - field respec, I predict a drastic change to warzone strategy.

For instance, if you are defending in voidstar you would want all classes that are able to spec as a tank or as a healer. Conversely, if you are attacking in voidstar, you would want maybe 7 DPS and 1 healer. With the changes to 1.5 it would be possible to do both.

So, I guess my question is - is this intended?
Nellosmomishot - 55 Sage (Seer)
<Intrepid>
U'should Unsub - 55 Guardian (Defense)
<Adroit>

Theodulus
10.25.2012 , 01:45 PM | #2
Don't got the field repec droid but I do have the field mail droid and that one can't be used in warzones. I'm guessing it's the same with the field respec droid. But nothing stops you from respec before entering the warzone. I don't see people doing it because without dual spec it will probably get old fast to fill your skill tree every warzone.

nellosmomishot
10.25.2012 , 02:03 PM | #3
Here is an image of me respeccing in CW last night. Now just imagine it said 0 instead of 50000 for the cost. Their would be no reason not to adjust spec according to what was necessary at that very instant. I am confident I could finish respeccing before the speeder lands.
<Intrepid>
<Adroit>

nellosmomishot
10.25.2012 , 02:05 PM | #4
I just figured with 1.5 having nothing in it for PvPers that this is probably an unintended consequence that would eventually get fixed. I'm really hoping to get a dev response that says either "oops we're fixing this" or "working as intended" so me and my guildmates can prepare accordingly.

The worst thing I could see happening is me telling the DPS in my guild to grind out a set of WH tank gear only to have BW fix the issue halfway through their grind.
<Intrepid>
<Adroit>

Uluain
10.25.2012 , 02:33 PM | #5
You should ask about possible 1.5 bugs on the PTS forum.

LetoAtreidesII
10.25.2012 , 02:58 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodulus View Post
Don't got the field repec droid but I do have the field mail droid and that one can't be used in warzones. I'm guessing it's the same with the field respec droid. But nothing stops you from respec before entering the warzone. I don't see people doing it because without dual spec it will probably get old fast to fill your skill tree every warzone.
It's not a droid. It's a button at the bottom left corner of your spec screen. So you can do it in warzones.

nellosmomishot
10.26.2012 , 08:51 AM | #7
bump for CS reply
<Intrepid>
<Adroit>

nellosmomishot
10.31.2012 , 11:19 AM | #8
Bump, don't see why this is so hard to get an answer. This is either the way it's intended to go live, or it isn't.
<Intrepid>
<Adroit>

Meepbot
10.31.2012 , 11:31 AM | #9
someone mentioned this earlier on the PTS forums, and someone else gave a reply that I agreed with, saying that in the time those people are going through, respeccing, changing their gear, and changing their bars, they could have gone out and done something more constructive. Besides, if someone is standing in some corner or the spawn zone taking all the time to do this, it puts the rest of the team at a numerical disadvantage while that person is respeccing and changing their bars. Now imagine if you have 8 people taking the time to respec in a huttball.... yeah wouldnt turn out well
The Shadeslayer Legacy |The Harbinger | No Guild
Bloo, 50 Sniper | Turtlestomper, 50 Merc | Beautiful-Ocean, 50 Jug | Arran, 50 Sin
Guiotine, 50 Sent | Popojoe, 50 Sage | Ericksson, 50 Scoundrel | Phoenix, 50 VG

RendValor
10.31.2012 , 11:37 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by nellosmomishot View Post
I posted this in the PvP forum, but think it might be better served here.

In 1.5 subscribers are no longer going to have to pay for respeccing. If this is combined with the legacy unlock - field respec, I predict a drastic change to warzone strategy.

For instance, if you are defending in voidstar you would want all classes that are able to spec as a tank or as a healer. Conversely, if you are attacking in voidstar, you would want maybe 7 DPS and 1 healer. With the changes to 1.5 it would be possible to do both.

So, I guess my question is - is this intended?
Not everyone who is good at DPSing is also good at tanking or healing, and not everyone has 2 sets of gear for each role.
The Trayus Legacy - Prophecy of the Five