Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

Urael
11.16.2012 , 12:14 PM | #531
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
He's a PvE reward, not a PvP reward. You can do NO PvP activities with him.
Dual, OWPvP, craft, .....

I wouldn't say that there was nothing but PVE to do with HK-51.

Besides as it was said, PvPers could be complaining they have to PvE to get him.

FulkerS
11.16.2012 , 12:18 PM | #532
Quote: Originally Posted by xboblee View Post
Ik, but the whole point is you get flaged and I have seen people group up to 20 people waiting for any one to come in and try to get the item and just kill them over and over. So yea I get the whole point of this
I hate to bust out this old gem, but "screenshot or it didn't happen"

Arrakeen
11.16.2012 , 12:19 PM | #533
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
To finish you're class quest in this game, you're forced to level past 10. Why aren't you demanding for that to be changed?

It's only poor game design because it doesn't suit your play-style. Suits my play-style just fine. So you arbitrarily calling this move "poor game design" is completely subjective.
Get over yourself. You and I aren't the only players and I've already stated that this doesn't affect me directly because I'm on a PvP server. This is a debate and I chose a side to stand on for what I feel is best for the community as a whole. I adapt very easily to new concepts but there are many other players who may not. Its much bigger than just your specific play style.
Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur. - "Today is a good day for someone else to die."

TheRealCandyMan
11.16.2012 , 12:19 PM | #534
Quote: Originally Posted by FulkerS View Post
I hate to bust out this old gem, but "screenshot or it didn't happen"
No kidding. Last night I saw a bunch of empire players hanging around the vendor but no one attacked me. I just walked up and bought my items and left.

Lostpenguins
11.16.2012 , 12:20 PM | #535
He's a PvE reward, not a PvP reward. You can do NO PvP activities with him.
Lies. Open world PvP you can most certainly use your companions. You can't for WZ's or when grouped in Ops and such. But really, you might as well say that companions are for solo play (mainly). If that's the case, you most certainly can solo your way to the item in Outlaw's Den.

Lostpenguins
11.16.2012 , 12:22 PM | #536
Quote: Originally Posted by Arrakeen View Post
Get over yourself. You and I aren't the only players and I've already stated that this doesn't affect me directly because I'm on a PvP server. This is a debate and I chose a side to stand on for what I feel is best for the community as a whole. I adapt very easily to new concepts but there are many other players who may not. Its much bigger than just your specific play style.
So we should tailor this to fit someone else's play style? Right? My play style... that holds no merit. Someone else's play style... that holds merit.

How about you get over yourself as the champion of some pointless cause.

TalonKorr
11.16.2012 , 12:23 PM | #537
Loved the PvP requirement. My guild did too. Thanks BW!

http://www.twitch.tv/pbwillia/b/340473188
Flak / <Lethal Dose Fifty> / <LD-Fifty> - Jedi Covenant - Juggernaut
Retired: Adrams/Feesh/Cates/Grisha/Scuf/Michaleen

Urael
11.16.2012 , 12:24 PM | #538
So we should tailor this to fit someone else's play style? Right? My play style... that holds no merit. Someone else's play style... that holds merit.

How about you get over yourself as the champion of some pointless cause.
Indeed. Imagine if they taylored this game to the extreem soloer play style. The QQ would be so deep we all would drown!

DarthTHC
11.16.2012 , 12:24 PM | #539
Lies. Open world PvP you can most certainly use your companions. You can't for WZ's or when grouped in Ops and such. But really, you might as well say that companions are for solo play (mainly). If that's the case, you most certainly can solo your way to the item in Outlaw's Den.
Not when it's in a PvP area and is being camped by griefers who need to enlarge their e-peens by ganking players on PvE servers because they are too frightened of the real gamers to roll characters on PvP servers...

Urael
11.16.2012 , 12:26 PM | #540
Not when it's in a PvP area and is being camped by griefers who need to enlarge their e-peens by ganking players on PvE servers because they are too frightened of the real gamers to roll characters on PvP servers...
DT there are many ways to avoid the griefers. There have been many strategies and tactics posted in this thread on how to deal with that problem. Think outside the box ( you really don't have to think far outside either) and you will see that this is a non-issue.