Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

Trews
10.25.2012 , 11:11 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by ShatteredVision View Post
You mean like the way they make pvpers PvE to get him?
^ nailed it

I love this idea idea from bioware. See you in the outlaws den carebears Will be good fun for a couple weeks!

Spoletta
10.25.2012 , 11:19 AM | #42
To all those saying that a companion is not a PvP content... please get serious.

I PvP only since some month due to my PvE guild having left, but i will still roll an imp char and get HK -51.
Why?
Did you see his trade skill bonuses?
Breaking news, PvP players are actually engaged in gathering/crafting activities.

Urael
10.25.2012 , 11:21 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Trews View Post
^ nailed it

I love this idea idea from bioware. See you in the outlaws den carebears Will be good fun for a couple weeks!
Given that people like you are here to gank, have fun ganking people who don't have patience to wait people like you out or happen to go when the majority of you are not online. I suspect you won't find as many people to gank as you are hoping for. Have fun waiting for someone to come into your web but, bring a snack or you may go hungry.

AshlaBoga
10.25.2012 , 11:23 AM | #44
Anyone want to start running protection against griefers?

We should plan bodyguard times (we'd need at least 10 good PvP players or 20 decent ones) and then protect people from being ganked.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Cooltrip
10.25.2012 , 11:24 AM | #45
Great, now all the 10 yr old griefers will hang out and deny all they can at HK-51. Lovely news. News keeps getting better and better for this game.
Farin Starwalker
Jedi Knight

Urael
10.25.2012 , 11:25 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Anyone want to start running protection against griefers?

We should plan bodyguard times (we'd need at least 10 good PvP players or 20 decent ones) and then protect people from being ganked.
Heh, you should charge a protection "fee".

jumay
10.25.2012 , 11:42 AM | #47
For those that remember the difficulty of killing the WB in TOD, it is easy to understand the concern that some people may have. I was in a group that tried for 40 minutes to take down that WB without success because the Imps kept attacking during the fight. When we would get close to killing the WB, they would keep taunting it away so that it would reset.

Some people get a kick out of griefing others and this quest is set up for the griefers to have a field day. When they see that they are loosing their fight, to keep their jollies going they will just kill the vendor and make you have to wait for it to respawn.

BW needs to pay closer attention to the problems that certain game mechanics play into their patch contents. This is gonna get ugly.

AshlaBoga
10.25.2012 , 11:47 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by jumay View Post
For those that remember the difficulty of killing the WB in TOD, it is easy to understand the concern that some people may have. I was in a group that tried for 40 minutes to take down that WB without success because the Imps kept attacking during the fight. When we would get close to killing the WB, they would keep taunting it away so that it would reset.

Some people get a kick out of griefing others and this quest is set up for the griefers to have a field day. When they see that they are loosing their fight, to keep their jollies going they will just kill the vendor and make you have to wait for it to respawn.

BW needs to pay closer attention to the problems that certain game mechanics play into their patch contents. This is gonna get ugly.
In the case of Urtagh, the infected Bantha, much of the fuss was because had a respawn timer. The new vendor isn't killable.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

ScarletBlaze
10.25.2012 , 12:25 PM | #49
Since it requires having to go to a pvp area I will not do it. I don't pvp and I don't feel the need to be ganked just to get a part. Not everyone likes to pvp and not everyone can come on when there is no one on to get the part. it's one thing on a pvp server but totally different on a non pvp server.

If everyone wants to make fun and call people names because they don't like to pvp feel free because that must make you all feel good just because someone doesn't like to pvp.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

AMulls
10.25.2012 , 12:27 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Trews View Post
^ nailed it

This proves my point exactly. This is why the PVE folks are annoyed.

It's not that I'm concerned about going into a PVP area to get the piece. I'm certain I can hold my own. It's that clowns like you, with nothing better to do with your time than camp in an area and wait for people to come in, with the sole purpose of griefing them, make the game unenjoyable.

It's one thing if people happen to arrive at the vendor at the same time and duel to see who goes first or battle it out and move on or have a battle for fun. But for some people to sit there and continually kill someone over and over to keep them from getting one small, but required, piece in a quest chain is annoying. Especially when I don't have the time to keep respawning because some level 50 is bored and wants to keep my level 30 toon from reaching his objective.