Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

deucexmachina's Avatar


deucexmachina
11.06.2012 , 01:58 PM | #411
Quote: Originally Posted by Henu View Post
Its not like your in there for long really... there are 3 venders and 2 of them are so easy to get too. you can walk in and walk out before anyone see's you.. and believe me, no one really goes into outlaws den these days...
And a troll guild waiting at the vendor doesn't take much time to gank you either. Get real, anyone can wait at the vendors.

On a non-PvP server this is a decision against those that chose PvE servers for the reason of PvE and Not PvP.

EA, Change the requirements that force PvE STORY based MMO players from this exploitable troll guild gank fest Tom-foolery.
Intelligence is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

RAVM's Avatar


RAVM
11.06.2012 , 02:23 PM | #412
Quote: Originally Posted by Octagon View Post
Well just so both sides are represented. I'm a pvp'er and hate the fact that I'll have to raid to get HK. Honestly they should have made it hard and annoying as hell but left the raiding and pvp both out of it.
There are three sides. I'm on a PVP server and not worried about a one-time stroll through Outlaw's Den, and I'm a solo player but I'll group up when I have to. The problem that is locking me out of getting HK-51 is the lame requirement to have characters on both factions. I have four 50s all Republic. I have no interest in playing an Imp so I can't get him. Doesn't make any sense from a story perspective.

Mugsybugs's Avatar


Mugsybugs
11.06.2012 , 02:34 PM | #413
wow... just, wow. People will find just about anything to complain about I guess.

I also find it amusing that some claim they will not do the quest if it goes live as is. Please, you would do it even if the quest forced you to dance the macarena naked with a 2 minute buff of rainbow sparkle powder in the outlaws den.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
11.06.2012 , 02:36 PM | #414
Quote: Originally Posted by deucexmachina View Post
And a troll guild waiting at the vendor doesn't take much time to gank you either. Get real, anyone can wait at the vendors.

On a non-PvP server this is a decision against those that chose PvE servers for the reason of PvE and Not PvP.

EA, Change the requirements that force PvE STORY based MMO players from this exploitable troll guild gank fest Tom-foolery.
HK-51 is 100% optional content. You're not being forced into any style of gameplay whatsoever. If you choose to acquire him, you'll be voluntarily going to a PvP location. Your choice to fight, or not, is still intact. Patience may need to be exhibited on your part, but you're free to skip it, or wait, if PvP is that deplorable to you.

As a player who enjoys PvP, you didn't hear me whining when I needed to do PvE to acquire the tusken outfit or the bound to legacy weapon(s). I chose to PvE because I wanted the 'stuff'.

Bioware is encouraging diverse gameplay, and I commend them for that.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

Urael's Avatar


Urael
11.06.2012 , 02:40 PM | #415
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
HK-51 is 100% optional content. You're not being forced into any style of gameplay whatsoever. If you choose to acquire him, you'll be voluntarily going to a PvP location. Your choice to fight, or not, is still intact. Patience may need to be exhibited on your part, but you're free to skip it, or wait, if PvP is that deplorable to you.

As a player who enjoys PvP, you didn't hear me whining when I needed to do PvE to acquire the tusken outfit or the bound to legacy weapon(s). I chose to PvE because I wanted the 'stuff'.

Bioware is encouraging diverse gameplay, and I commend them for that.
^This ...

Plus there have been many ways suggested in this very thread on how to "work around" the PvP area. If anyone seriously complains about this, they really need to "L2P". PvP can be avoided if you know how. I suggest these people READ THE ENTIRETY of this thread to see the many suggestions on how to deal with this and how it is not really a big thing at all.

Varium's Avatar


Varium
11.06.2012 , 03:39 PM | #416
Go there with your guild at same time, grab some people when on way there, go there at work hours or at night middle of week. Use stealth class to get there, use other faction side character if you see certain side ganking it and try join their party or just wait until everybody has HK-51, and nobody is going there anymore then go get it. I don't PVP but I'm not going to complain if you need to go to pvp zone, once to grab one piece, hell I would start pvping if you had like 5 matches requirement.
Obligatory SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/43YdkT 7 day sub, etc etc.

MoobooMagoo's Avatar


MoobooMagoo
11.06.2012 , 04:09 PM | #417
You have to go to the Outlaw's Den to get HK-51?

Huh, maybe now it won't always be empty.
Explorer: 80% Achiever: 60% Killer: 47% Socializer: 13%

Daniel Erickson and the Amazing Technicolor Dream-Abs

Aital's Avatar


Aital
11.06.2012 , 06:09 PM | #418
All the Squeshies!!! Can I kill them with my Dearthquake!!! 8p

Evgen's Avatar


Evgen
11.06.2012 , 06:23 PM | #419
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
^This ...

Plus there have been many ways suggested in this very thread on how to "work around" the PvP area. If anyone seriously complains about this, they really need to "L2P". PvP can be avoided if you know how. I suggest these people READ THE ENTIRETY of this thread to see the many suggestions on how to deal with this and how it is not really a big thing at all.
Not that.
Please, I haven't seen an idea posted that wasn't overlooking a bunch of obvious flaws.
And comparing having to PVE for an event, to this is like comparing a mosquito to a riled swarm of killer bees.
PVPer: Yeah, I've got this itch now
PVEer: ah, I feel bad for you, I'm about to die in agony from anaphylactic shock

What a PVPer has to do for the PVE part of this content
Queue in Group Finder for a HM that is probably being run tens of times a day any day of the week, irrelevant of this event. Kill only the necessary mobs. All the while receiving XP, credits and gear and materials

What a PVEer has to do for the PVP part of this content
Manually try to find a group of people to go do this, sure guildies will likely chip in. How many will you need??!?!
20 to 50?!? Then once you have found a group of people that will likely be doing this for you purely as a favour, as they have already done it, don't like PVP either, have better stuff to do, hope that you have significantly more people on your side than there are greifers there camping the place. Vainly fight to the vendor, I say vainly because 50 PVP is highly gear oriented, and without actually grinding for months to get good PVP gear, as someone said you wouldn't have to do . . . you will have no chance of beating any PVP player 1 on 1. Once you get to the vendor that will have 3 or 4 PVP players standing directly on top of him trying to block people from clicking on him, being knocked back out of interaction range, having the PVP players keep running back for more "fun" with their HK-51s that they easily obtained by the way, after who knows how long of this you may actually get the part you need.
You know people will be camping this. Open world PVP is never over unless the server id down. I'd rather do 30 Warzones like WoW to get a mount that have to go through Open World PVP in a griefer fest like this.

I'll agree it's fair if I can enter your HM instances on the mobs side so I can wait for you to get to HK-47 and attack your parties healer just as you engage, ALL FRICKEN DAY, for days!

I'm not saying all PVPers are greifing camping scum sucking low lifes, but PVP is greifing camping scum sucking low life's play style of choice.

So tell me. How is this avoidable? Any time I can get there, an equal number of PVPers can get there.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

vian's Avatar


vian
11.06.2012 , 06:50 PM | #420
Quote: Originally Posted by Mugsybugs View Post
wow... just, wow. People will find just about anything to complain about I guess.

I also find it amusing that some claim they will not do the quest if it goes live as is. Please, you would do it even if the quest forced you to dance the macarena naked with a 2 minute buff of rainbow sparkle powder in the outlaws den.
Heck, in my house, we call that "wednesday"
Two blasters; no waiting!