Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

Soluss
11.04.2012 , 08:53 PM | #331
Quote: Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
This is not our fault.

I and many others wanted KOTOR III, but got stuck with an MMO and it's resultant baggage.
It is your fault. You bought an MMO. It was clearly labeled and sold as an MMO. The title is not KOTOR III. If you didnt want an MMO then dont purchase one.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Thlaylie
11.04.2012 , 09:05 PM | #332
Unfortunately that's all that's out there now, MMOs. (And the resultant baggage)

It's a cheap way to make a game when you rely on the players to make content instead of having to build an AI.

But SWTOR plays great as a single game it's just when I'm forced to deal with the griefers that it's bad.

And also when waiting for stuff to respawn because they weren't smart enough to instance everything.
Remember his name is Han "SOLO", not Han "I need four other people to use the bathroom."

torcouff
11.04.2012 , 09:21 PM | #333
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
You are playing Star Wars... Galatic stuggle.... you know.....war?
you do know that in outlaws den faction doesn't matter right?

anyone not in your group is a potential enemy player...

so ya its just like star wars jedis killing jedis for fun and stuff

torcouff
11.04.2012 , 09:29 PM | #334
Quote: Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
Note, firstly, the difference between scenarios, only one of which is actually "forcing" a certain aspect of gameplay onto the player. In your scenario, you are not only forced to enter a raid/group area, but are actually forced to kill enemies within that area.

In the actual scenario presented to us in the HK-51 quest, we are forced to enter a PvP-enabled zone, but at no point are we forced to participate in the killing of players, or the taking of PvP objectives. Thus, there is no PvP requirement.

Note, secondly, the ramifications of each scenario. If you are forced to raid, that means you are forced to gather not just a simple group of 4 players, but an entire raid in order to complete your objective. Whereas, not only is there no guarantee of finding players in the Outlaw's Den, but even if you were to meet other players, it may be a situation which you could handle solo, or in a very small group. There is a disproportionate burden placed on the individual player in one of these scenarios.

-Macheath.

You pvp players are going to ruin my pve experience by not agreeing to raid as part of the requirement to get hk, if i have to be your content during this event then why cant you participate in mine? Maybe i get my kicks by not healing pvp geared players in raids and watching them die until they rage quit? You don't even have to kill anything just die a few times so i can laugh at you. Sounds perfectly fair to me.

btw you missed the /sarcasm part

Revanchis
11.04.2012 , 09:40 PM | #335
Quote: Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
This is not our fault.

I and many others wanted KOTOR III, but got stuck with an MMO and it's resultant baggage.
Yes, a million times this!

It's always nice to see another KotOR fan. I swear some people who play this don't even know what KotOR is. I miss the old Bioware, man.

Mombassa
11.04.2012 , 11:23 PM | #336
I think having a quest requirement to enter Outlaw's Den will add a little tension and talking point to the game which is a good thing.
However, on PVE servers, in order to be truly representative of an open PVP ethos, the Expertise attribute should be disabled in that zone. There are many people who chose these servers specifcally to avoid PVP and the least they deserve is a level-ish playing field.
Also, and I don't know if this has been previously covered, but players interacting with the vendor should be immune to knock-backs or become unattackable.
Other than that I think it will add some spice to the content.

vian
11.05.2012 , 12:02 AM | #337
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
You are playing Star Wars... Galatic stuggle.... you know.....war?
Yes, absolutely. To form a squad with my mates, or even with perfect strangers, and play against the game, is one of my great joys. I prefer joining people to work for a goal.

Just get it through your head that not everyone plays the same way you do. And --now, try very hard to understand this, because it's important-- just because I play differently to you and approach the game differently to you does not mean I'm Doing It Wrong.
Two blasters; no waiting!

Damask_Rose
11.05.2012 , 12:08 AM | #338
Quote: Originally Posted by NemesisSupreme View Post
Also, I have played many MMOs and I have never seen a PvE community so against PvP. .

I have played many MMOs and every one that has put predominantly pve content into pvp zones has gotten **** storms to the point of the developers moving it. I'm surprised you haven't seen this reaction before since this was the 100% predictable response to this quest. The hostility is going to get much worse when this goes live too. Quickest way to turn a community into two rabid warring camps is to put pve rewards in pvp zones.

Please let me change Theron's clothes!

And fix Vector & Scourge's clothing issues too!

vian
11.05.2012 , 12:11 AM | #339
Quote: Originally Posted by JerokTalram View Post
The poster said that she didn't want to be other people's content. Thus if you group up with someone to do a flashpoint, you are still someone else's content.
And if she (?) doesn't want that, and feels the same way about FPs, she doesn't have to do any. And that's perfectly fine. She can make it all the way to 50 on her own terms and have a great time.

But the idea that if you're in an MMO, you have to go all adversarial because otherwise you're Doing It Wrong is muddle-headed and that needed pointing out.
Two blasters; no waiting!

Soluss
11.05.2012 , 01:32 AM | #340
Quote: Originally Posted by torcouff View Post
you do know that in outlaws den faction doesn't matter right?

anyone not in your group is a potential enemy player...

so ya its just like star wars jedis killing jedis for fun and stuff
Even better, we can weed out the traders.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."