Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

Pvtcarnage
10.30.2012 , 12:24 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Sotof View Post
It's not about the money, it is about sending a message. PvP is a mini-game and should not be forced down the throat of the people who wish to play the actual game.
PvP is NOT a mini-game and BW said that 50% of players play it on a regular basis. A much higher % than the carebears crying here.
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

Rafaman
10.30.2012 , 12:30 PM | #122
Good lord... how permutations are we going have of this topic?

PVE'rs. I'm one of you and I understand your concern, but... you don't have to win a warzone! You don't even have to fight back if you don't' want too. You make your way to the vendor and if you refuse to fight back you will die with an opportunity to then get to the vendor. You then get your wares and get out. Easy peasy. Look at it as a PVE quest where you have to get the part no matter what it takes if it makes it easier.

I'm going in with guildies and we will fight back. And my guess is that it will be a blast getting everyone in and out of there because while I PVE I will not stand by and watch somebody gank a guildie.

The environment change, therein lies the challenge.

Oh... and I know many who would take exception to the idea that PvP is a mini game. For them... it is the game.

CDSzafraniec
10.30.2012 , 12:31 PM | #123
This is ridiculous whining...

Yes, you'll have to go into a PvP area. Gasp! You know what? You'll also have to do a normal flashpoint, a Hard Mode Flashpoint, and some open world content.

This is just like whining that you can't get Dread gear in the warzones or war hero gear in operations. Should I complain that i'm being FORCED to pvp to get war hero gear?

There are some rewards for doing content. Some incentive to do that content.

Bioware is not forcing you to do anything. They're just putting in a reward for those that take advantage of all the content. If you don't want to, you don't have to.

So much whining....

Kenlonis
10.30.2012 , 12:33 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by T_Kay View Post
Exactly. Never had the desire to be other ... erm ... people's "content" and if that means no HK for me ...

*grrr* where are these greedy suits when you need them? Put this freaking droid in the cartel shop!! I'd pay the equivalent of two months subscription to get this companion if i can avoid the l33t-groupers and pvp- ...erm ... -people!
Really real mature to insult players that like another part of the game that you don't.. i like pvp and i don't consider myself a |33t i even RP *gasp* i know how can that be from a pvp'er!!!

From your post maybe your next Companion should be a Box of Tissues and some Midol

PunisherAS
10.30.2012 , 12:36 PM | #125
I honestly like the idea.
World PVP on Ilum died, why not make it challenging and force people into doing it?
Go in with a group, defend yourself.
Collectors Edition Owner
Fargos (Main Tank/Powertech) of
Aggressive Negotiations

Kenlonis
10.30.2012 , 12:37 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by CDSzafraniec View Post

Yes, you'll have to go into a PvP area. Gasp! You know what? You'll also have to do a normal flashpoint, a Hard Mode Flashpoint, and some open world content.

This is just like whining that you can't get Dread gear in the warzones or war hero gear in operations. Should I complain that i'm being FORCED to pvp to get war hero gear?

Bioware is not forcing you to do anything. They're just putting in a reward for those that take advantage of all the content. If you don't want to, you don't have to.

So much whining....
I agree But the I DESERVE IT AND I DON"T WANT TO DO ANYTHING FOR IT!!!! Crybabies will cry and whine till something is changed about it... they have ruined soooooo many things in other games and i have no doubt they will try and ruin it here to

DragonAgeOrgins
10.30.2012 , 12:39 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by CDSzafraniec View Post

So much whining....
This is not a war zone. It's a virtual game. Where people who have been here since launch. Put their hard earned money to pay for a sub that goes and pays for the salary of people creating this job. It's discouraging to have to jump through hoops on fire to get it.

I'll still get it. I can bribe people with credits to "carry" me in PVE. I have the PVP part down. It's not ultra hard just time consuming. I don't want have go through all these mazes to get a quest that's been teasing for months now. It's a video game.

Sotof
10.30.2012 , 12:46 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Pvtcarnage View Post
PvP is NOT a mini-game and BW said that 50% of players play it on a regular basis. A much higher % than the carebears crying here.
It is a mini-game, calling it anything else would be a delusion.
My name is not Bob.

Tkerzis
10.30.2012 , 12:46 PM | #129
I approve, I'll be sure to spend some time next to him to give the shoppers a "friendly" greeting.
Empire: Amnixia 55 Merc - Idolvo 55 Powertech - Tkerzis 52 Operative - Nerevar 50 Sorc - Leprous 26 Juggernaught
Republic: Idolvox 55 Scoundrel - Ídolvo 30 Commando - Idolva 30 Sage

CDSzafraniec
10.30.2012 , 12:49 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonAgeOrgins View Post
This is not a war zone. It's a virtual game. Where people who have been here since launch. Put their hard earned money to pay for a sub that goes and pays for the salary of people creating this job. It's discouraging to have to jump through hoops on fire to get it.

I'll still get it. I can bribe people with credits to "carry" me in PVE. I have the PVP part down. It's not ultra hard just time consuming. I don't want have go through all these mazes to get a quest that's been teasing for months now. It's a video game.
You don't want to invest the time. Thats all it boils down to. I've played just as long. And here is a game thats trying to make people stick around to pay the salaries of those people you mentioned. You don't do that by just giving out high tier rewards. Games don't survive that way.

If its not ultra hard, then why are you complaining about hoops of fire? Because you don't want to actually play the game to earn the rewards? Then I hate to say it, but your time with SWTOR is probably over. They are teasing it so that people will spend the time. To help jump start world pvp. To encourage people to use the group finder and do flashpoints. To encourage people to play the game.

More quests like this will help the game prosper. And I don't believe a single person here who is saying "if its like this at launch, i'm going F2P". They're either going F2P already, or they'll keep subbing. They just hope Bioware will go "Oh no! They won't pay! Quick, make it easier to get! Give them campaign items too!".

I can't wait to do this quest. To get a group excited about some flashpoints. To rally up some people at the speeder to knock the PK Guild off the vendor. To butcher the republic guy that stealthed up. To run when his friends come to back him up.

Good stuff.