Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

Rasal
10.30.2012 , 10:06 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Irongut View Post
When levelling on Tatooine I visit the Outlaw's Den regularly to loot the crates. I have only twice seen another player there and this is on a PVP server...
lol, wait for 1.5 to go live and see if your statement still holds true.

Sotof
10.30.2012 , 10:39 AM | #102
Yeah it is stupid. Never should PvP interfere with PvE. PvP is just a mini-game like space combat, and it is not like space combat is a requirement now.

Kaonis
10.30.2012 , 10:43 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by ShatteredVision View Post
You mean like the way they make pvpers PvE to get him?
You mean like the way they make you PVE for a PVE companion to use in PVE? Wow who would have ever thought you would need to do PVE for PVE benefits?

TheRealCandyMan
10.30.2012 , 10:49 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaonis View Post
You mean like the way they make you PVE for a PVE companion to use in PVE? Wow who would have ever thought you would need to do PVE for PVE benefits?
HK-51 has uses outside of Pve...

DragonAgeOrgins
10.30.2012 , 10:58 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Irongut View Post
Because being handed things for no work is no fun. This is why people are leaving the game, it is too easy. If you have to face a challenge to get something you will appreciate it more.

Kids these days, you're all spoiled little whiners.
Let's take your argument. Warcraft created a game called "Cata" for Hardcore people. Those people complained of everything being too easy. The result was going from 12 million to dipping below 9 million in under a year. They are the biggest MMO in terms of subs.

It did not work then and it will not work now. The balance is letting everyone access him without jumping through these hoops. Why can't we simply just get him mail.

RAVM
10.30.2012 , 10:58 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
Actually, It's more of an issue to me that these vendors can be KILLED. Yes, KILLED. With a few hour respawn timer. And people are already planning to camp the vendor. Kezzit in a PvP area isn't an awful idea, but making him kill able is.
I can't be bothered to check if this is really true, but I'm calling you a liar.

ObiJuanShenobi
10.30.2012 , 11:15 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Malice View Post
Outstanding Bioware. Now troll guilds and groups will form to prevent people from getting to the vendor. Just hand the keys too the kingdom over to trolls and make griefing as easy as possible. This happened before on PVP servers when you did the Rakghoul Event in the dunesea. Now your making it so non pvpers can get trolled.
Im fine with that. I'll just have to kill them all and emote /peeoncorpse.
The Lightstrider Legacy

Darth Crucious I Darth Imperius I Master Darkstrider I Master Liam Lightstrider I Captain Evie Lightstrider I Agent Morran Lightstrider I Major Tanken I Nikro, Hired Gun

Soluss
10.30.2012 , 11:22 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonAgeOrgins View Post
Let's take your argument. Warcraft created a game called "Cata" for Hardcore people. Those people complained of everything being too easy. The result was going from 12 million to dipping below 9 million in under a year. They are the biggest MMO in terms of subs.

It did not work then and it will not work now. The balance is letting everyone access him without jumping through these hoops. Why can't we simply just get him mail.
Get him in the mail? Thats a joke. Why not just get rid of the ability bars and put a big fat I win button in the center of the screen. Log in, hit button, have max level and full end game gear. Game over. Thanks for the fish.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

DragonAgeOrgins
10.30.2012 , 11:27 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
Get him in the mail? Thats a joke. Why not just get rid of the ability bars and put a big fat I win button in the center of the screen. Log in, hit button, have max level and full end game gear. Game over. Thanks for the fish.
You are gravely misunderstanding. This is not for gear. Actually I have an easier time on the cartel coin market obtaining random items of epic purple already all fitted for me. I can take that same gear into PVP and become Leet.

How is it we got gear super easy to get to. Just "logging in" as you say. But for companions something nothing to do with PVE groups we're needed to put effort into it and work to get a "Companion" does anyone else see the difference.

A thread was made when people learned you had to go through PVE, and now PVP. It's being made to do a playstyle you don't enjoy.

JunkyardWolf
10.30.2012 , 11:30 AM | #110
I'm all for PvP on the "PvP" servers,thats why they are there. I dont care for PvP,must be why i only play on PvE servers. So forcing me to go to a PvP area "IF" i want to complete the mission is Bullhucky! Just one more reason to unsub when F2P goes live.
proud to be a Cranky ole fart!