Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Your favourite Star Wars ideology,

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Your favourite Star Wars ideology,

Scathe's Avatar


Scathe
10.29.2012 , 11:05 PM | #31
I saw more than a few people talking about the Force and making reference to the ideal that there is no Light or Dark to the Force, but a Light and Dark in people. I believe in this theory myself, but I've noticed it's been mislabeled. It's not the "Unifying Force", it's actually called the Potentium.

The Star Wars Wiki article: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Potentium

Just figured I'd add a bit to the conversation, especially since I believe in this theory to be the proper way to approach Force belief. Revan and Kreia followed this belief thousands of years before it was given a name by Leor Hal and they were two very powerful Force users, not just in their talents, but in their actual philosophies. Granted, it is still speculated whether or not they really did follow the idea, it's pretty heavily assumed that they did with what they taught and said.

Anywho, just wanted to throw that out there.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
10.30.2012 , 05:01 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Scathe View Post
I saw more than a few people talking about the Force and making reference to the ideal that there is no Light or Dark to the Force, but a Light and Dark in people. I believe in this theory myself, but I've noticed it's been mislabeled. It's not the "Unifying Force", it's actually called the Potentium.

The Star Wars Wiki article: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Potentium

Just figured I'd add a bit to the conversation, especially since I believe in this theory to be the proper way to approach Force belief. Revan and Kreia followed this belief thousands of years before it was given a name by Leor Hal and they were two very powerful Force users, not just in their talents, but in their actual philosophies. Granted, it is still speculated whether or not they really did follow the idea, it's pretty heavily assumed that they did with what they taught and said.

Anywho, just wanted to throw that out there.
I like this theory, but Kreia actually believed in 'The Insidious Force' - the belief that the Force was some kind of indifferent, deceptive deity that cares nothing for the death it causes in the universe as long as balance in the Force is achieved. It that way it betrayed its users, by making them live its lie, for they are actually unwitting pawns in its goal to maintain balance. Thats why she believed the only way to be free from the Force was to destroy it.

As crazy as Kreia's view sounds, I actually quite like it. Even the Jedi believe that the Force is always striving to maintain balance e.g. the Chosen One - and how much death and destruction did he cause to bring balance to the Force? And the Unifying Force believed the Force was a deity and that it was neither light or dark. And lets face it, the star wars galaxy would probably be a better place without the Force. Think of all the wars caused by Force users (which by the way is basically everyone) the Great Hyperspace War, the Great Galatic War 1 & 2, the Clone Wars, the Great Sith War, the Force Wars, the Hundred Years Darkness etcera etcera. I think the only war not caused by force users was the Yuuzhan Vong War (and those weird aliens probably had the force too)

Lol, aren't I just a little Trayarite. Death to the Force!

Darth_Urtani's Avatar


Darth_Urtani
10.30.2012 , 11:48 AM | #33
I've heard that the Mandalorians are ruined now, they're pacifists or something? Is it true? Pleaase tell me it isn't, I'm getting tired of Star Wars being ruined.
CE VIP

lokdron's Avatar


lokdron
10.30.2012 , 12:23 PM | #34
Funny thing is if kriea destroyed the force it would end all life in the galaxy. I do like some of kriea's teachings my favourite line is the one in my sig .

Maaruin's Avatar


Maaruin
10.30.2012 , 01:29 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
And lets face it, the star wars galaxy would probably be a better place without the Force. Think of all the wars caused by Force users (which by the way is basically everyone) the Great Hyperspace War, the Great Galatic War 1 & 2, the Clone Wars, the Great Sith War, the Force Wars, the Hundred Years Darkness etcera etcera. I think the only war not caused by force users was the Yuuzhan Vong War (and those weird aliens probably had the force too)
Actually, that's not true.

Think about the Hutt-Xim conflict, the Tionese War, the Pius Dea Crusades, the 17(!) Coruscant-Alsakan conflicts, the Great Droid Revolution, the Mandalorian Wars (even though the Sith had a hand in it), the Stark Hyperspace War and many, many more.

Actually, the Jedi have prevented far more wars through diplomacy than they caused. The Sith, of course, started lots of wars.

P.S. The Yuuzhan Vong were totally cut off from the Force.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
10.30.2012 , 03:53 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Actually, that's not true.

Think about the Hutt-Xim conflict, the Tionese War, the Pius Dea Crusades, the 17(!) Coruscant-Alsakan conflicts, the Great Droid Revolution, the Mandalorian Wars (even though the Sith had a hand in it), the Stark Hyperspace War and many, many more.

Actually, the Jedi have prevented far more wars through diplomacy than they caused. The Sith, of course, started lots of wars.

P.S. The Yuuzhan Vong were totally cut off from the Force.
The Stark Hyperspace War and the Mandalorian Wars both had sith involvement, and the Mandalorian Wars was orchestrated by the Sith and led to a Jedi Civil War and then the Dark Wars. But your right, there are a number of wars caused by other forces, but the largest and the most are caused by Force Users and lead to death on a massive scale. The Mandalorian Wars especially led to countless death and destruction, and the Great Galatic War looks to do the same. Admittedly its a quite one-sided, this Sith cause much of the trouble and the Jedi prevent it - but aren't sith just fallen Jedi? It seems a vicious and unfair circle, for all those who non-force sensitives who have to suffer.

Some also mentioned that killing the Force would lead to the death of all life, while there's no concrete evidence that is true, its probably close to the truth. Still, force sensitivity can be repressed. And I don't mean killing all force sensitives, people can be cut off from the Force - Meetra Surik is Kreia's example of this, the only reason people die from such a ritual is because they can't bear to live with out it.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
10.30.2012 , 03:54 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Urtani View Post
I've heard that the Mandalorians are ruined now, they're pacifists or something? Is it true? Pleaase tell me it isn't, I'm getting tired of Star Wars being ruined.
You heard correct

Don't worry though, it looks like they're gonna bring them back. (But they're fate was sealed ever since Kreia prophesied that the last Mandalorian would be killed by a Jedi being Mace Windu - sorry, Kreia is never wrong)