Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Updated with Answers: Free-to-Play Questions? Ask them in this thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Updated with Answers: Free-to-Play Questions? Ask them in this thread
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iamthehoyden
10.24.2012 , 01:54 PM | #81
Are the contents of the cartel gambling boxes going to be discontinued after a time? They're marked as "Season 1". When "Season 2" comes out, will the items (like white crystals) stop being availble?
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Brewski
10.24.2012 , 02:16 PM | #82
How does the process work when a subscriber becomes free to play to determine what characters and equipment they still have access to?

For example, if I have a level 50 character of a non FTP species with full storage unlocks and all purple gear, will I still be able to play this character if I convert to FTP? Will I need to purchase the equipment unlock to continue to use my purple gear? Or will the fact that this character existed before I switched automatically unlock those features for the character in question?

pooks
10.24.2012 , 02:20 PM | #83
I would like to use my cartel coins to buy the ability to share my characters' cargo holds amongst themselves - any chance of being able to do that in the future? (or just give it to us as a Legacy perk...)
1 Free Character Transfer + other Goodies - Just use my Official SWTOR Refer a Friend Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/Yhmw9h

Uluain
10.24.2012 , 02:35 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by ShepardSpock View Post
Since Bioware believes there is enormous outcry for it, they should even make subs pay for it.
I beg your pardon? It was delayed because it was thought to be (and I quote former CM Stephen Reid) "interesting to smaller audiences". How does this equate to believing there is an enormous outcry for it?

That said, I'll reiterate the question:

Will same-gender romantic content be pay-to-unlock or, like more general story content, will it be freely available to subscribers and free players alike? This question has been pending since the Cartel shop was initially announced.

Tatile
10.24.2012 , 02:37 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by KumoOokami View Post
Will SGR, when it is finally implemented, be a pay to unlock feature or part of basic Free-to-Play?
Though I've already sent this question to Ms. Berryman, I'll throw in my support for the question here as well.

(In our little corner of Story and Lore, most us have agreed that Pay2Gay would be a bad thing.)

Nilrem
10.24.2012 , 03:43 PM | #86
I don't know if this has been asked...

How often does your escrow account refill your Wallet as a F2P?
Drae'lin
Revenant Order
The Ebon Hawk

kidatwood
10.24.2012 , 04:49 PM | #87
my question is that in a video that discussed F2P you said that the prices on the ptr would not be the live prices is this the case and if so when are we going to get the "Official price list"

Maxumus
10.24.2012 , 06:11 PM | #88
Is it on track to release F2P and 1.5 at the same time or will they be staggered due to testing?

xorcist
10.24.2012 , 11:38 PM | #89
We have received what we can expect come F2P in the form of Cartel Coins via the link under our account page. However there were countless attempts to get official word of why those who have the exact same thing (Pre-ordered the Collectors Edition) and have been subbed since day one without a break, that have different Cartel Coin totals. As pre-order CE owners plus subbed since day one should be getting the full amount possible. Reports from others suggest this is not so.

Please explain what has happened here as many expressed being cheated by this finding. I await official reply.

Thank you.
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

Mando
10.25.2012 , 05:01 AM | #90
If I buy the class quest XP boosts from the legacy store, do they stack with the class quest XP boosts from the cartel store?