Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Updated with Answers: Free-to-Play Questions? Ask them in this thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Updated with Answers: Free-to-Play Questions? Ask them in this thread
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

wyrmac
10.23.2012 , 07:40 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Maxumus View Post
Will the cartel market icon be resized/moved/colored? Right now it is a bit of an eyesore right on the screen would be nicer if it blended into the UI more like the other tabs (legacy perk, skills, etc)
You can move it with the UI editor

KrayVinDark
10.23.2012 , 10:15 PM | #42
I recently saw that access to Guild Banks may need to be purchased from Cartel Market for non-subscribing players. I'm not sure if this is a confirmed feature or not, but as a Guild Master, the prospect is a little concerning. My guild is set up so that members of a certain rank can access the Guild Bank, but now it seems that they would also have to add purchasing this ability to the list of prerequisites, I feel this is something that should be left up to the Guild Masters, not arbitrarily handed out via in-game purchase. What if a player uses their Cartel Coins for this access? Do they gain access despite not meeting the Guild's existing conditions, or would they be throwing away those coins in this instance? Secondly, you'd be charging for access to our Guild Bank, so would the Guild see anything in return? Would the Guild Bank receive a deposit of X amount of credits when a F2Player chooses to purchase access? Furthermore, whilst on the subject, are there any Guild Perks on the horizon for us? Bonus XP when partied w/Guildmates? A tithing scenario where a percentage of credits earned gets added to the guild bank? Other ideas that have been mentioned in my own Guild are the possibility of a customizable Guild Capital Ship, or possibly a Guild Symbol/Banner for in-game use. Perhaps the Cartel Coins used to purchase access could be deposited and later used to purchase such advancements for the Guilds. I'm interested to hear what BW and/or other players have to say on this subject.
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.
-Confucius
Unknown Heroes if you like what you see Join Here!!!
Refer your Friends!!!

Official Recruitment Thread || US West | PvE

Senaini
10.23.2012 , 10:31 PM | #43
What will happen to things already purchased such as extra inventory slots, cargo bays, legacy perks? If they will be locked, will the credits be refunded?

DPCummerbund
10.23.2012 , 11:17 PM | #44
I know that F2P allows you to "play your class story to level 50". Many other MMOs technically allow this, but charge you to access to all the regions of the game (i.e. access to all the side quests on all the planets). I don't see any planet access in the cartel store. Does this mean F2P players will have access to every planet & side quest in the game (excluding warzones, etc.)?
"Have you seen what the Sith are wearing? It's like every fashion designer in the galaxy went over to the Dark Side." - Kira Carsen
"You there! I'm drafting you into the Imperial Reclamation Service's... service." - Lieutenant Whist

Revan-the-knight
10.23.2012 , 11:23 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by AlixMV View Post
Is new content that in the past was released as part of point releases (1.2, 1.3, 1.4) going to cost Cartel Coins for Premium Subscribers to access? Or will it be included for free as part of the Subscription price?

Two of the free items being touted on the f2p page include a Sith Meditation chair and Darth Nihilus's mask. Is there going to be any equivalent love for the Republic-focused toons/players?

There are supposedly 'travel restrictions' for Free Subscribers. What are the details on that? (EDIT): I just saw that the Free Features page has been updated with more info on this. However, given the number of times I've gotten stuck somewhere in the game and had to QT or Emergency Fleet Pass out of it (and the number of 'helpful' prompts saying to use one of those travel options in case of being irrevocably stuck), this is going to be nightmarish for f2p users encountering those bugs.

(ETA2): Elaboration on what 'Limited Character Creation options' means. Related: if you're a Premium Subscriber with Legacy racial unlocks and revert to a Free Account, what will have precedence, the f2p restrictions or the Legacy unlocks?
if you revert to an f2p account you will retain all off your characters traits and items but you wont be able to play them all if you have say 4 additional characters, to my understanding free to players only get 1 or 2 character slots, your legacy unlocks will stay, bioware has stated that Subscribers will get access to new content for free( well, technically not because we choose to pay for the game, but you get my meaning)
Chose a Marauder, Not because they are OP, i chose it because its the closest thing to Revan as you can get, Revanites Unite!

The Vaner Legacy

Crazylor
10.23.2012 , 11:53 PM | #46
Will there be an item in the cash shop that makes items legacy bound?
Darth Sion Hord | Korinthos Hord
The Shadowlands

Rassuro
10.24.2012 , 12:58 AM | #47
Two short questions:

1. If someone who is a subscriber later chooses to cancel their subscription, will they then lose their rights to for example equip gear of Artifact quality, use all six quickbars, and have bank access, or will rights such as these count as permanently "unlocked" for anyone who has a subscription?

2. Are there plans to add things such as character name change, legacy name change, and character re-customization to the Cartel Shop?
Toor, 50 Operative healer | Odaen, 50 Assassin tank | Tiyr, 50 Vanguard tank | Zerofour, 50 Mercenary DPS | The Red Eclipse

DarthBuckets
10.24.2012 , 01:20 AM | #48
Will cartel packs be retired?

Will all the possible contents (and which items are super rare) for a cartel pack be published?

Will items in Cartel Packs be available for straight purchase?

How are purchasing additional character slots or using existing characters past 2 (converted sub to f2p) handled?

Do F2P players get any medical probe revives before having to resort to a consumable or returning to medcenter?

Glzmo
10.24.2012 , 01:46 AM | #49
Will there be any hood-down (actual hood down versions where the hood is visible in the back when pulled down) and hood-up versions of Jedi Robes available in the Cartel Market? Can we finally get the Character Creation Jedi Knight armor?

Can we please get all the items that can be found in the boxes to be purchased directly instead? I want to know what exactly I'm buying.

Will there be color kits for armor?

Also, will chat bubbles be in the Cartel Market or will everyone be able to use them?

Also, will there be an option to purchase a lifetime subscription where you keep the benefits of subscribers forever?

Mevan
10.24.2012 , 04:32 AM | #50
Will we be seeing more adaptive gear added such as gloves, belts, legs etc etc?
Also, would you consider adding an Adaptive Armor Kit, say a dollar or two to get a single-use item that converts one piece of armor into adaptive armor? It's nice to see Inquisitor's/Consulars are getting a little love with the Cartel Market, but it would be nice if we choose exactly what armor we can wear. Thanks