Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Updated with Answers: Free-to-Play Questions? Ask them in this thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Updated with Answers: Free-to-Play Questions? Ask them in this thread
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AlixMV
10.23.2012 , 04:57 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by GreySix View Post
My wife's subscription is up in three days, and she's sitting on around 1500 cartel coins. If FTP pops next month, does she lose those coins?
The FAQ already addresses this:

Do I need to be a subscriber to receive my Cartel Coins when the Free-to-Play option becomes available?

"The Cartel Coins that are visible in your Ledger now will be granted to you when the Free-to-Play option becomes available as long as you have active game time on your account at that time.

Follow-up: Why do I have to have active game time to claim my earned Cartel Coins?
~ Jedi Covenant ~ (formerly Kass City & Canderous Ordo)
Sollyni ~ Brixyl ~ Jynnifyr / Serateh ~ Ydris

itsmymillertime
10.23.2012 , 04:58 PM | #32
Can I buy a experience boost (3 hours) play for 1 hour, log out, come back later, log in and have the full 2 hours left remaining?

SanguineSphinx
10.23.2012 , 05:16 PM | #33
Is the "three-warzone limit for free players" per character or is it only 3 warzones for the entire account? And do the weekly passes that you can purchase through the cartel shop affect just one character or the entire account?
I tried leaving the forums. But the Sith Empire has returned!

denpic
10.23.2012 , 05:17 PM | #34
Will the the Apac servers be upgraded to a super server before f2p goes live?
the Apac community deserve the same gaming experience as the us and eu players and for months we have waited watching these servers population dwindle Merging these servers would offer a gaming experience 1000x better than the current 3 servers could ever offer Increasing the prospects of f2pers upgrading to a sub and experiencing the game as it should be with other people, because right now it's a barren wasteland

AlixMV
10.23.2012 , 05:17 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Felioats View Post
What will happen to the "refer a friend, get an exclusive speeder when they buy the game and subscribe" promotion once F2P goes live?
Covered in the FAQ.

How will the Friends of SW:TOR trial work with Free-to-Play?
~ Jedi Covenant ~ (formerly Kass City & Canderous Ordo)
Sollyni ~ Brixyl ~ Jynnifyr / Serateh ~ Ydris

Izorii
10.23.2012 , 05:23 PM | #36
Will Cathar be unlocked via the Cartel shop and are there any plans to have any other alien species in the Cartel shop?

Icebergy
10.23.2012 , 06:21 PM | #37
When are paid transfers?
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

RigbyC
10.23.2012 , 06:25 PM | #38
My one question is this, (prob me worrying over pointless details) as a subscriber I wont be needing to fork out Cartel coins for things like show legacy name, unify colours, hide helm slots etc etc right?

DarthBrundleFLY
10.23.2012 , 06:49 PM | #39
Why do other subscribers with the same version of the game as me (Collector's Edition) and have been subbed in the game since early access have an extra 150 (extra month) of cartel coins than I do.

Same version of the game and same time in game yet a difference of 150 cartel coins? They have 2500 and I have 2350...why?

Jaspor
10.23.2012 , 07:34 PM | #40
1.) Do former subscribers who switch to F2P have to purchase the equippable purple item unlock? So they could potentially log in and have nothing they can equip unless they buy the unlock?

2.) The Credits to Cartel Coins conversion rate seems all over the place based upon how the Legacy unlocks are priced.

For example, the following Legacy unlocks cost 50,000 credits each, but various CC amounts:
  • Priority Transports: Outlaw's Den - 125 CC
  • Basic Field Repair Droid - 250 CC
  • Legacy of Crafting I - 100 CC
  • Field Mail Droid - 250 CC
  • Improved Warzone Experience III - 150 CC

The following Legacy unlocks cost 1 million credits each, but various CC costs, some similar or less than items that cost a mere 50k credits:
  • Repair Droid - 250 Cartel Coins
  • Improved Rocket Boost 1 - 100 Cartel Coins

Is this by design or will costs be normalized before this goes live?