Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Updated with Answers: Free-to-Play Questions? Ask them in this thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Updated with Answers: Free-to-Play Questions? Ask them in this thread
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

yoshua
10.23.2012 , 03:47 PM | #21
Preferred Status:

1- How do you attain the preferred status? I know if you sub for 1 month then go back to F2P you are preferred, but do you also get 'Preferred' if make a single purchase from the cartel market?

2- What are the bonus's for being considered 'Preferred'. Can you make a matrix like you have for Subscriber/F2P accounts?

Thanks
Yoshua Acero
Pre-Cu Bria Vet - Master Doc/Master swords

Paid 15$ at Gamestop for my CE!

Ohnoto
10.23.2012 , 03:50 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by yoshua View Post
Preferred Status:

1- How do you attain the preferred status? I know if you sub for 1 month then go back to F2P you are preferred, but do you also get 'Preferred' if make a single purchase from the cartel market?

2- What are the bonus's for being considered 'Preferred'. Can you make a matrix like you have for Subscriber/F2P accounts?

Thanks
Preferred Status and what it takes is on the Option Chart page at the very top. http://www.swtor.com/free/features

My question is why is there the ability to purchase a Cargo Hold even on the Cartel Market? If it is free to subscribers AND those that make a single purchase, which you are making a purchase by buying Cartel Coins, thus it would be unlocked.

_Dark_Stalker_
10.23.2012 , 03:52 PM | #23
In the free to play preview it said that F2P players will only have access to three species in character creation, human, cyborg and zabrak. What will happen if a subscriber has a character who's species is a chiss or twi'lek? Will those characters be greyed out if they downgrade to F2P, or will they still be able to be used?

wallywaffles
10.23.2012 , 03:57 PM | #24
Can you elaborate on how the weekly passes will work? If I unlocked operations for a week would it last 7 days from the time of purchase, or only for the "game week" (e.g., weeklies and lockouts reset on Tuesdays - would buying the pass on Monday let me run each operation on Monday AND again on Wednesday?)

Ohnoto
10.23.2012 , 04:00 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by wallywaffles View Post
Can you elaborate on how the weekly passes will work? If I unlocked operations for a week would it last 7 days from the time of purchase, or only for the "game week" (e.g., weeklies and lockouts reset on Tuesdays - would buying the pass on Monday let me run each operation on Monday AND again on Wednesday?)
It appears that when you buy a weekly pass it adds 7 days to your ability to have access to loot from flashpoints. Which also appears that if you buy and use 2 it would stack, and work as a countdown timer.

http://dulfy.net/2012/10/23/swtor-cartel-market-items/

Maxumus
10.23.2012 , 04:22 PM | #26
Will the cartel market icon be resized/moved/colored? Right now it is a bit of an eyesore right on the screen would be nicer if it blended into the UI more like the other tabs (legacy perk, skills, etc)

recsa
10.23.2012 , 04:46 PM | #27
Two questions:

1- Do you have plans to add Faction Respec tokens to the cartel shop?

2- Will we be able to use pre-paid cards like Ukash or Paysafe to buy cartel coins?
A long time from now, in a galaxy far, far away, fanbois will realize they hurt games they love in a way no troll could ever dream of.

Costello
10.23.2012 , 04:52 PM | #28
Other than the cartel boxes, which seem to be very similar to star trek onlines lock boxes which were a con, I can't see much that is overly appealing to anyone that makes it to 50. So is the project revenue all going to be from new people to the game purchasing boosts and armour that is often very similar to what is already in the game?

I understand people are against play to win, but as it stands I don't see much from the cartel shop that is going to make this game vastly profitable. There isn't much in the way of must have armour/outfits in there, without housing or even guild ships there is no real need for a throne etc, access passes are likely to be too expensive for the benefit they give.

I was hoping to see more cosmetic options such as species, outfits, companion options etc. Rather than lock boxes etc.

Felioats
10.23.2012 , 04:55 PM | #29
What will happen to the "refer a friend, get an exclusive speeder when they buy the game and subscribe" promotion once F2P goes live?

Will characters which are not of the free species (human, zabrak, cyborg) that were created before F2P goes live still be playable by nonsubscribers, or will they need to use cartel coins to unlock those characters to play them again?
>

Orlesian
10.23.2012 , 04:56 PM | #30
The Cartel Collector title received from a Season 1 Cartel Pack.

So there is going to be season packs?
❤ Please make Talos Drellik a romance option for female Inquisitors ❤
Red Eclipse