Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Updated with Answers: Free-to-Play Questions? Ask them in this thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Updated with Answers: Free-to-Play Questions? Ask them in this thread
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

flyinion's Avatar


flyinion
10.31.2012 , 12:55 AM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

Ripster: There is a welcome screen that lists a benefit of subscribing as 10 additional slots. Will this mean subscribers will have 22 or that F2P will have 2?

Blaine: Great question and we want to make sure we’re clear on this one. Subscribers will still have 12 character slots available on a single server. F2P players will have 2 (as will Preferred). At Launch, we are not enforcing the penalty on subscribers who convert to Free-to-Play, but we will in a subsequent patch. A further wrinkle is that if you have more than two and you delete characters at Launch, you will not get that slot back. Example: I have 10 characters as a subscriber this November, but in December I cancel my subscription. When I login, I can still use all 10 characters (for now), but I cannot create new ones and if I delete one, I will have 9 and not be able to create another until I go down to 1. Make sense?

Ok, I asked this in another post, but then realized the gold post was in a thread I could reply to and ask questions, so I have one. In OTHER MMO games when you drop your subscription you keep everything (toons, equipment, etc.). What concerns me is the following. I assume if I was to drop my subscription (money problems, too busy to play, whatever) that I become a preferred member. However, you say eventually in a later patch preferred and f2play accounts would have any toons >2 per server removed.

I'm wondering, is there a different account status designation coming for people that actually want to temporarily cancel all play so people who were premium subscribers won't lose toons in that patch? It seems silly to penalize premium subscribers who need to take a break, but would probably come back in the future as premium subscribers again by at some point deleting anything >2 toons on a server.

If we have no choice but to eventually lose any toons over 2 on a server if we were premium and needed to cancel, that seems a bit like extortion in a way. I.e. "keep paying $15 a month even though you're not playing at all or you will lose toons".

ripster's Avatar


ripster
10.31.2012 , 08:22 AM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by flyinion View Post
However, you say eventually in a later patch preferred and f2play accounts would have any toons >2 per server removed.
They won't remove/delete characters when they enforce the F2P restriction on Preferred Status accounts. What will happen is players who log in whlie in Preferred Status the first time after that patch will select which two characters (per server) they want to have access to while in Preferred Status. Anyone who cancels and then resubscribes will have access to all their characters again, whether they logged in as Preferred or not during the lapse in subscription.

flyinion's Avatar


flyinion
10.31.2012 , 07:16 PM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by ripster View Post
They won't remove/delete characters when they enforce the F2P restriction on Preferred Status accounts. What will happen is players who log in whlie in Preferred Status the first time after that patch will select which two characters (per server) they want to have access to while in Preferred Status. Anyone who cancels and then resubscribes will have access to all their characters again, whether they logged in as Preferred or not during the lapse in subscription.
Sounds like I read it wrong. They say "we're not enforcing the penalty at launch, but we will in a future patch" and I took it to mean they would force you (or do it for you ) to delete all but 2 toons on a server if you weren't a premium subscriber.

Oldraven's Avatar


Oldraven
11.04.2012 , 03:18 AM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by flyinion View Post
Sounds like I read it wrong. They say "we're not enforcing the penalty at launch, but we will in a future patch" and I took it to mean they would force you (or do it for you ) to delete all but 2 toons on a server if you weren't a premium subscriber.
Good lord, no. That would be bone-headed on a scale that would be nigh-impossible to comprehend. No, this is your standard "Pick your (x number of) characters you wish to actually play on this server" deal.

mrObtuse's Avatar


mrObtuse
11.08.2012 , 04:38 PM | #175
What's going to be the "completion" for you to earn the speeder with friend referral. Currently it says they buy a game code, finish their free time, and have added a paid time or subscription.

Would it just be the adding of subscription/time now? I have a trial invite that's started this week and want to know how that will be completed as their paid time doesn't even kick in for a month.

Kelbun's Avatar


Kelbun
11.08.2012 , 05:09 PM | #176
I have Two questions:

1. Will there be account wide bank access in the sense that I can put and item in the bank on one toon then take the same item out on another toon?

2. How many Cartel coins to get no lagging or Disconnects?

IdrianDave's Avatar


IdrianDave
11.08.2012 , 05:30 PM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by kelbun View Post
i have two questions:

2. How many cartel coins to get no lagging or disconnects?
lol :d

jpriley's Avatar


jpriley
11.12.2012 , 09:35 PM | #178
Will I be able to buy like say the crew skill unlock to give to a friend's free account? I know i've seen stuff about selling things on GTN but think that was more the armors and random items not unlocks. Do those unlock give you an item in your inventory to use to activate the unlock or is it automaticly?
Show the honor with my force!

Sydth's Avatar


Sydth
11.14.2012 , 04:21 PM | #179
Hello all. I've been trying to find any facts about the Cartel Authorizations being bound. Can we sell or give away Authorizations to F2P members in-game or will they be bound?

I personally don't agree with the restrictiveness of armor, storage, GTN sales etc. Since there is nothing in the Cartel I want then i'd like to be able to purchase Authorizations with my free coins and give them to friends and guildies. But, will it even be possible?
Khajjo'panåkaAloo'palakPårü shå
Harbinger

“You seem about as trustworthy as a used-speeder salesman"
"Really? Most people find me harmless and kind of charming. Never mind."

AlixMV's Avatar


AlixMV
11.14.2012 , 04:36 PM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by jpriley View Post
Will I be able to buy like say the crew skill unlock to give to a friend's free account? I know i've seen stuff about selling things on GTN but think that was more the armors and random items not unlocks. Do those unlock give you an item in your inventory to use to activate the unlock or is it automaticly?
Yes. All items purchased through the Cartel Market are delivered to your inventory as an in-game object (which then has to be clicked on in order to activate it). I just responded to the commenter after you describing it in another thread here.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sydth View Post
Hello all. I've been trying to find any facts about the Cartel Authorizations being bound. Can we sell or give away Authorizations to F2P members in-game or will they be bound?
I responded to you in the other thread with the answer at the link above.
~ Jedi Covenant ~ (formerly Kass City & Canderous Ordo)
Sollyni ~ Brixyl ~ Jynnifyr / Serateh ~ Ydris