Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Inquisitor vs Warrior

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Inquisitor vs Warrior

MustangCzar
10.22.2012 , 08:27 PM | #1
I've had swtor since last December of 2011 (Christmas Eve) and have yet to level anyone to level 50. I'm starting on my character that i will level to 50 first, but i cant decide between the Inquisitor or Warrior. I know how both play, more or less, and I'm looking more towards the story aspect of it. I have a juggernaut (on the wrong server) who is level 20 and a sorcerer who is level 17. If i reroll inquisitor i will no doubt be assassin, I'm not the type to be a trruet in a fight. If i were to go warrior i would go either one. Also, take in mind that i do play pvp alot, unless i withhold myself. So, what would you guys say? Thank you in advance!

Bird_of_Thunder
10.22.2012 , 08:33 PM | #2
Assassin. PvP is amazing. DoTs can be good, nice stealth, hits hard. When played right, you got a wrecking ball. Juggernauts are the same, but with survivabilty, damage potential, and wreck the other team.

stormdrakelord
10.22.2012 , 09:58 PM | #3
I thought about this myself. Personally I 'd say go with what you like more.

here is my thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=546576
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

MustangCzar
10.23.2012 , 06:15 AM | #4
I've never had a marauder, so i was just wondering a bit about them. And i love both jugg and asassin. How are the stories?

Chaloss
10.23.2012 , 06:21 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MustangCzar View Post
I've never had a marauder, so i was just wondering a bit about them. And i love both jugg and asassin. How are the stories?
Warrior story is more grandiose (I hope that is correct word) and Inquisitor is more self centered.

MustangCzar
10.23.2012 , 01:08 PM | #6
How fun are the stories?

Chaloss
10.24.2012 , 12:37 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MustangCzar View Post
How fun are the stories?
Depends on your taste. If you like epic story in which you have clear effect to overall story then Warrior is for you. On other hand if you like to be more in background and deal with personal issues (until ending of the current story at least) then Inquisitor might be for you . Your end bosses are also that way -- Warrior one is much more active and does a lot more while Inquisitor one does not do that much directly.

I tried to avoid spoiling things which is why it is rather vague.

MustangCzar
10.24.2012 , 08:46 AM | #8
Ok, thanks for the reply! I think I'm going to roll jugg and stick with my sorc for pve content only. But i can't decide if i should make my PT or my jugg my main. PT is 25 the btw that's why I'm trying to decide :P

Daxx-Vosh
10.25.2012 , 03:18 AM | #9
Depends on what you want.

Both are pretty good PvP classes and I think they both perform pretty well in 1 v 1 situations.

To me the warrior is more like the in your face type of guy, while the assassin has way more control over and during the encounter.

Ferkles
10.25.2012 , 12:00 PM | #10
Deception assassin playstyle in pvp is probably one of the fastest paced ones in the game. Rage juggernaut is by comparison, depressingly slow. I'm on republic side unfortunately. It's worth noting that as half war hero/half BM infiltration shadow (deception assassin), I can, and will nearly stun lock you for roughly 10 seconds. I say nearly because there's a split second between the first and second CC because of how I play my class.
Getting a new signature. Eventually~