Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

smuggler story is bad

simplius
11.11.2012 , 04:21 AM | #31
i dont count the fleet on its own, but add esseles,,and u spend 1 or 2 hours there,,thats a small "planet"

and in this game han DOES lose his ship,,without being able to do ANYTHING, thats the first mistake

secondly,,an important part of the jedi story is to get their first lightsaber,,this would have been so much

more natural here

third when i finally do get my ship back, it just feels weird , when i go on board again,,for the first time

i mean the introductary tour on "my old , trusted ship",,really?

playing a version , of how han got his first ship would have been better

or a version of one of the missions , where u hacked maintenance droids

PS! and if someone steals ur car,,painting the neighbours fence prolly wont get it back

getting a faster car and and driving around might be a better idea,,since u cant just call the cops

simplius
11.11.2012 , 04:28 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
As a Han Solo fan I hereby revoke your right to call yourself a Han Solo fan. Han Solo would (and has) put his life on the line to keep his ship. Your disregard for your ship proves you are unfit to be a captain and will no longer be addressed as such.

P.S: 2 Planets to get your ship back, not 3.
actually he does abandon it for a while on dathomir,,and no han is NOT a hero,,

in ANH he is a DRUG SMUGGLER,,,and he is working for jabba,,does that sound heroic to u?

yes he loves the falcon,,and still he puts it on the line in RoTJ

AshlaBoga
11.11.2012 , 01:50 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by simplius View Post
i dont count the fleet on its own, but add esseles,,and u spend 1 or 2 hours there,,thats a small "planet"

and in this game han DOES lose his ship,,without being able to do ANYTHING, thats the first mistake

secondly,,an important part of the jedi story is to get their first lightsaber,,this would have been so much

more natural here

third when i finally do get my ship back, it just feels weird , when i go on board again,,for the first time

PS! and if someone steals ur car,,painting the neighbours fence prolly wont get it back

getting a faster car and and driving around might be a better idea,,since u cant just call the cops
Except Esseles is an option flashpoint that has NOTHING to do with getting your ship back. So it was your decision to do that, you can't complain that Essesles took too long since you didn't have to do it anyway.

Logic for the win
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

RDeanOU
11.11.2012 , 10:43 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by simplius View Post

more natural here

1. A flashpoint and the fleet =/= a planet.

2. You absolutely can do something about losing your ship. You chase the jerk down and reclaim it. I'm not sure what else you expect to do about it.

3. Your story ideas are terrible.

4. The writers of this game did an exponentially better job coming up with ideas for the smuggler than you.

5. No one in this thread agrees with pretty much anything you've said.

6. The fact that #5 is true ought to tell you something.

JekRendar
11.12.2012 , 01:34 AM | #35
For the record, I felt that Smuggler spent too much on foot rather than in space. Of course, I consider it an indirect homage to SWG's pizza delivery missions.
Star Wars Galaxies (Starsider): June 27, 2003 - December 15, 2011

Karkais
11.12.2012 , 03:48 AM | #36
The ship theft is what makes me hate Skavak so much, making him a good 'nemesis'. I think that part of the story is good, even though I have had trouble getting excited about the smuggler story as a whole.
"Welcome to Dromund Kaas, where freedom goes to die and legends are forced on the galaxy."
- Vette

CharagonIGN
11.12.2012 , 03:56 AM | #37
This is a stupid complaint.

Having your ship stolen and getting it back was the perfect way to do it.

Rassth
11.12.2012 , 07:06 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
The ship theft is what makes me hate Skavak so much, making him a good 'nemesis'. I think that part of the story is good, even though I have had trouble getting excited about the smuggler story as a whole.
Basically this. The moment that SoB took off with my ship I wanted to hunt that ***** down and help him take a long, relaxing walk off the side of a cliff. And then shoot him a couple of times; JUST to make sure. I haven't finished the Smuggler story yet, but that definitely got me into it. I had a bit of a hard time getting too involved in the story AFTER getting my ship back (it drops off into a bit of a lull around Taris IMO). I didn't feel weird getting back onto my 'old' ship; I felt accomplished. It's all a matter of perspective really, but if you were expecting to be EXACTLY like Han Solo you were expecting the wrong thing.

I can see the possibility of being a smuggler trying to get your first ship. Starting out as doing planet-side cross-customs smuggling on the planet then moving on and getting your own ship, etc. That could have worked maybe, but with the way the game is set-up it just seems to flow better this way. It just fits.

Andge
11.12.2012 , 01:40 PM | #39
As a Han Solo fan I hereby revoke your right to call yourself a Han Solo fan. Han Solo would (and has) put his life on the line to keep his ship. Your disregard for your ship proves you are unfit to be a captain and will no longer be addressed as such.

P.S: 2 Planets to get your ship back, not 3.
Yes, let's have an argument about who has the "right" to call him/herself a fan. That won't make us look too pathetic.

To address the issue of the thread; the smuggler story is weak, because of weak plots. End of story. The prologue is the strongest of all the chapters. So if you find that chapter boring, you'll probably fall asleep doing the rest. The rest of the chapters have no momentum, no stakes, no surprises. They are just plain boring.
The smuggler was the first class I really played and the first class to reach lvl 50 with. After that, I stopped subscriping because I was so disappointed in the game, because I had the impression that the other class stories weren't any better than the smuggler's, because a few people told me they thought the smuggler's story was one of the best in their opinion.
A friend persuaded my to try out another class and finish its story. I resubed, and recently finished the SW story, and must say that my opinion of the game has greatly improved following that.
The smuggler story is just plain poor.
My advice is to try and finish another class.

simplius
11.12.2012 , 02:35 PM | #40
Except Esseles is an option flashpoint that has NOTHING to do with getting your ship back. So it was your decision to do that, you can't complain that Essesles took too long since you didn't have to do it anyway.

Logic for the win
almost NONE of the mssions are about the ship,,should i just grind mobs until i reach lvl 16?

can i go to coruscant, and get my ship, as lvl 10?,,thats, what i should do, according to ur "logic"