Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

smuggler story is bad

simplius
10.20.2012 , 07:02 PM | #1
im a HUGE han solo fan so please be patient

a ground rule in games : NEVER give something to a player, and take it away again,

without them being able to do ANYTHING

here its "im a noob smuggler , so i FORGOT to secure my ship,,,bye bye ship"

and so i spend the next 3 planets , chasing "my" ship,,that i only saw a cutscene of

and that makes the EPIC moment , when i DO get it back feeling awkward too

going on board for the first time,,,on "my" old ship

and the story was right in front of them( no , not a sabacc game)

but a storyline , that actually involved GETTING A SHIP

getting some money for informations

using those informations to hack maintenance droids/whatever

and setting up an ambush to to get rid of the previous owner

but here , han just sighs, and says "too bad,,i guess, ill just grind missions , until i find one

involving my ship"

happysister
10.20.2012 , 10:06 PM | #2
you didn't get very far in the story, did you? for the record, you get your ship after 2 planets, not 3. Ord Mantell and Coruscant. and that's because every class gets their ship after the first two planets. your ship gets stolen because you need a reason to not have your ship at the beginning of the game, and a stolen ship is a great motivation to progress further through the story to get it back.

personally, i like the smuggler story the best out of all the class stories, but that's just me.
The Kipplar Legacy ~ Proud Founder of The Old Republic
The Heroes of The Republic

AFKGCWBOT
10.21.2012 , 02:03 AM | #3
I think he is counting the fleet... That sure is alot of walking, could be considered a planet

simplius
10.21.2012 , 05:25 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by happysister View Post
you didn't get very far in the story, did you? for the record, you get your ship after 2 planets, not 3. Ord Mantell and Coruscant. and that's because every class gets their ship after the first two planets. your ship gets stolen because you need a reason to not have your ship at the beginning of the game, and a stolen ship is a great motivation to progress further through the story to get it back.

personally, i like the smuggler story the best out of all the class stories, but that's just me.
seriously?? have u ever SEEN a star wars movie?

no i didnt get far,,and u seem to forget the newbie planet

i know we get ships a t lvl 17, but it would have been FAR better, to simply not HAVE a ship from start

jedis dont start with a lightsaber either, it would have made SO much more sense,,both storywise

and in gameplay,,to go out and GET a ship , rather than getting a stolen ship back,,and no, han solo

would NOT have done it this way,,look at the remastered edition of ANH,,han actually provokes

jabba before takeoff,,,but here im supposed to just get on his trail and grind missions to get it back?

how many stolen cars disappear on earth,,and now imsupposed to find a single ship in the galaxy?

good luck with that,,no han would have :

gotten money for a bountyhunter

or a new ship, and try to chase the thief

Canino
10.21.2012 , 05:43 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by simplius View Post
seriously?? have u ever SEEN a star wars movie?

no i didnt get far,,and u seem to forget the newbie planet

i know we get ships a t lvl 17, but it would have been FAR better, to simply not HAVE a ship from start

jedis dont start with a lightsaber either, it would have made SO much more sense,,both storywise

and in gameplay,,to go out and GET a ship , rather than getting a stolen ship back,,and no, han solo

would NOT have done it this way,,look at the remastered edition of ANH,,han actually provokes

jabba before takeoff,,,but here im supposed to just get on his trail and grind missions to get it back?

how many stolen cars disappear on earth,,and now imsupposed to find a single ship in the galaxy?

good luck with that,,no han would have :

gotten money for a bountyhunter

or a new ship, and try to chase the thief
Do you know Han? Because Han would NOT I REPEAT WOULD NOT hire a bounty hunter. Also, he's a smuggler, he smuggles for a living. If you don't have a ship, how would a smuggler get money to even hire the hunter? No, he would chase the ship himself, so he could kill the b******!
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Tatile
10.21.2012 , 06:09 AM | #6
I get the feeling that the OP missed the bit where he was flying into hot zone that (presumably) is under a supplies blockade, hence why he's smuggling weapons in. If the Republic is preventing the resistance from getting weapon supplies, they're not going to let every Tom, Dick and Harry with a sob story just get a new ship.

simplius
10.21.2012 , 06:47 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
Do you know Han? Because Han would NOT I REPEAT WOULD NOT hire a bounty hunter. Also, he's a smuggler, he smuggles for a living. If you don't have a ship, how would a smuggler get money to even hire the hunter? No, he would chase the ship himself, so he could kill the b******!
yes,,he smuggles DRUGS,,and his employer is JABBA THE HUTT,,one of the biggest and baddest

crimelords in the universe,,and how did he get the money for millenium falcon,,which wasnt his first ship btw

and how will u catch a spaceship, without one urself?? call a cab? run REALLY fast?

i know he would PREFER to take the chase personally, but as a drugrunner for the mob,,bounty time

simplius
10.21.2012 , 07:00 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I get the feeling that the OP missed the bit where he was flying into hot zone that (presumably) is under a supplies blockade, hence why he's smuggling weapons in. If the Republic is preventing the resistance from getting weapon supplies, they're not going to let every Tom, Dick and Harry with a sob story just get a new ship.
i get that smugglers cant start with a ship, but wait to lvl 17 like all other

but here i DO start with a ship,,which they then take away again,,to have me chase it down, so

they can return it again later

this was the ONE class, where the mechanics of "how-to-get-a.ship" could be played out

but they dropped it it , and WASTED one of the epic classes in star wars

and since the story is one of the most important parts of this game,,no wonder subs are dropping

Asbiorn
10.21.2012 , 07:15 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by simplius View Post
yes,,he smuggles DRUGS,,and his employer is JABBA THE HUTT,,one of the biggest and baddest

crimelords in the universe,,and how did he get the money for millenium falcon,,which wasnt his first ship btw

and how will u catch a spaceship, without one urself?? call a cab? run REALLY fast?

i know he would PREFER to take the chase personally, but as a drugrunner for the mob,,bounty time
Actually, Han didn't buy the Millennium Falcon. He won it in the Cloud City Sabacc Tournament from Lando.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all." -Grand Admiral Thrawn

simplius
10.21.2012 , 07:26 AM | #10
exactly,,that was a "plot-driven" acquisition,,and he had to scrounge money for the game too

that would have felt so cheap in a game,,here there was the chance to actually LIVE it

just as getting the lightsaber is a part of jedi story,,here i could have been the GOAL to get

a NEW ship,,not getting an old ship BACK