Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MrWhoCares
01.29.2013 , 10:02 AM | #581
Server: TOFN

My normal ping is about 100-120, today every few mins. I got a lag spike up to 10k.

and according to general chat I am not the only one having this. TOFN server has a problem.

Timozha
01.29.2013 , 10:06 AM | #582
UK, London
Tomb of Freedom Naad
Sky Broadband

Same as others report, heavily fluctuating latency, given the diversity of the problems reported, either the whole internet, a large pipe which is common to the SWTOR servers we share, or a really large sunspot, is causing issues.

Carousel_t
01.29.2013 , 10:06 AM | #583
Well, my ping is usualy somewhere between 50ms and 58ms. Today it's 1200 at least

Nemhain
01.29.2013 , 10:09 AM | #584
Me and some of my guild mates having same issue, this morning it was ok.

I usually have top of 75 ms with 2 laptops using the same connection while i'm playing in a desktop, now i'm getting erratic lags that goes from the normal top 75 to 40k ms when it reaches that ammount it drops and start building lag again.

server: The red eclipse

ISP : Meo

Hope you guys in support manage to solve this. Apparently this problem it's general by the posts I've seen here.
"Mercy is not true, your sins are next to mine"

Eterud
01.29.2013 , 10:10 AM | #585
Heavy lags aswell...during bossfights we had the enitre team in a 1 minute lagspike where we couldn't do anything xD

and not once, but on all bosses at directive7, weirdly enough on trash there was no lag at all.

TheFuzzyFunk
01.29.2013 , 10:11 AM | #586
Been having this problem for a while now, the latency MS DIsplays 30-70 to begin with then rises to 400, then back down to something low, then up to 500, does this for whole duration of playing the game.

Server: The Progenitor

Should also add, that before the patch my friend that i play with did not have this problem, now after this recent patch he gets to experience the lag issues i have had since returning at the start of this month and others seem to have been experiencing for longer.

antarescom
01.29.2013 , 10:13 AM | #587
I have the same problem
server: Tomb of Freedom Naad.

Eterud
01.29.2013 , 10:14 AM | #588
Server: TOFN
ISP: Ziggo
Internet type: Cable, 10mbit.

massive lags, just in the game not anywhere else, the forums work good for example.
weird thing was: We had massive lagspikes(1 minute long where the entire team couldn't do anything) and that rappidly following eachother at bossfights in Directive 7. While there where no lagspikes when attacking the trash mobs.

On the fleet/outside there was so much lag that you couldn't do anything at all...even sending a companion on a mission took more than 5 minutes.

ChrisMattar
01.29.2013 , 10:16 AM | #589
Same, on TOFN past 1hour its been around 1000-1500ms constant or above, red bar, the whole time. This is very weird. Unplayable.

SWBuckeye
01.29.2013 , 10:18 AM | #590
We probably need to buy the new Lagfix for 5000 coins off the Cartel Market to get back to normal.