Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KShafe
12.07.2012 , 11:15 AM | #371
it's obvious that BW doesn't care and will spend more time pointing the finger at everyone spare themselves.
StarStyder - Lvl 55 Sentinel
DirtRyderz - LvL 55 Gunslinger
SunStryder - LvL 55 Inquisitor
Strydetrain - LvL 55 Vanguard

Timozha
12.08.2012 , 12:21 PM | #372
Lag here as well (London, 40Mbps connection). Server Lag in game says 35ms, but periodically experience complete game stops during FP/OP. There is no doubt this is due to the increase in player number due to F2P. It's been worse over the last month or so.

Roalmo
12.08.2012 , 03:26 PM | #373
My server lag reared its ugly head only in last 3-4 days. Get to play with good movement, etc. for 1.5mins plus or minus 30secs., then red dot and hit wall for 2-5 secs., sigh.

tried all the "fixes", no joy.

urowan
12.08.2012 , 06:12 PM | #374
Hello,

I think I can say something new about this red X of death issue.

I did have this problem since last weekend, it is impossible to play, things get worse in WZ and fleet. I tried the virtualization of the caches, i rdid reset everythig reseteable, i tried the firewall, i even tried a brand new account... nothing worked until I tried a paid proxy in trial mode, this one: http://www.battleping.com/

While it is active I have the usual ping I had before and everything goes OK for the 20 minutes in this trial mode.

I wanted you to know because maybe someone here could figure out what is happening. This is not an acceptable fix, it is just, I hope, a clue in order to fox this problem BW have been ignoring for som long.

Cheers.

theghostsong
12.09.2012 , 12:02 PM | #375
Massive packet loss at Bioware's nodes. You guys need to stop blaming our ISPs like a bunch of children and fix this. Now.

HKim
12.09.2012 , 05:30 PM | #376
I too have been having these issues since about 1.4.1ish. Some days are better than others. Lag that freezes the game and kills my credits due to repairs. I understand that playing on Wireless that performance can be less but i have had no major issues until that patch. This is so frustrating to pay for something, enjoy using it and know that even though it is their issue that you won't be compensated for the inability to use what you pay for.

Jedi Covenant
ATT Uverse
Houston

Aroghast
12.09.2012 , 09:20 PM | #377
I've been getting these kinds of disconnects (error 9000 or 4001) rather frequently as well. I made a post about it (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=567001) it a few days ago, and haven't gotten any official responses either. Very frustrating.

jprife
12.10.2012 , 05:06 AM | #378
BTTT

Almost two months and counting and still no fix. I tried to play my level 41 sorc last night on Quesh---got into it for about ten minutes before latency spikes and then red x's of death. Barely finished the class quest and then logged out. PVP is impossible at the moment.

Just for reference, I was on vent at the entire time without any disconnects or stutters, and I played two different MMOs yesterday without any problems on their end.

GET IT FIXED BIOWARE!

Marcaunon
12.10.2012 , 05:17 AM | #379
I think if Bioware ever had a person that can fix this they probably already fired him/her long ago.

Llunauk
12.10.2012 , 06:37 AM | #380
I'm not a Star Wars fan, I'm a gamer fan - I just like good fun online games. Star Wars is a good game and it compliments alot of my other games I play. I have subscribed to Star Wars from free to play for 2 months to give it a good run and I really enjoy it...

but....

A good percentage of the time I can't play because of the server lag or my friend has the problems or other friends... its beyond crazy considering the computers and setups we are playing on. It's really hard to fathom how there hasn't been some kinda official response to this with 'OK we are aware of the promlem and hope to have it fixed within the next patch!' so those of us not sure if its worth continuing get some hope and give you a fair chance to address it.

Anyway like I say I'm just a gaming fan, I do enjoy Star Wars but this problem doesn't warrant my subscription fee and I'll probably go F2P and come back when its fixed.