Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there some trick to earning fast legacy xp?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is there some trick to earning fast legacy xp?

uziforyou
10.15.2012 , 12:33 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Toxxo View Post
Any suggestions? :/
What others have said. There are no shortcuts other than log on and level a lot. If that takes creating alts (and it does) then do so.
"When you're bleeding out in a ditch on some muckball planet it's not headquarters that comes to save you, it's the guy next to you."

Skodan
10.15.2012 , 01:34 PM | #12
actually you would gain more legacy with higher level characters since the amount of legacy xp you earn is a proportion of the xp you gain. and at level 50 you gain more xp from quests than a low level quest
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Zenates
10.15.2012 , 02:26 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Skodan View Post
actually you would gain more legacy with higher level characters since the amount of legacy xp you earn is a proportion of the xp you gain. and at level 50 you gain more xp from quests than a low level quest
This is sort of not quite correct. (As far as I Know)

You gain xp based on quest level vs your level as far as i know. So a level 10 doing a level 12 quest should gain more xp than a level 50, doing a level 50 quest. The opposite is also true, you gain almost 0 xp for completing quests below your level.
But legacy and regular xp does scale together.

SithEater
10.15.2012 , 02:42 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Zenates View Post

You gain xp based on quest level vs your level as far as i know. So a level 10 doing a level 12 quest should gain more xp than a level 50, doing a level 50 quest. The opposite is also true, you gain almost 0 xp for completing quests below your level.
How often are you not outleveling quests? How long does it take to do quests on a spread out planet vs the relatively compact Daily Quest areas? I can do all of Ilum including soloing the Heroic +2 quest in a little over 20 mins.

I am legacy 50 and have been for months. Dailies and Ops are easily the best legacy XP in the game and dailies are easier to do and to get done on a regular basis. Dailies are the way to go for fast legacy XP with as many Ops as you can get on the side.
Grand Master of the Sword in Box Form of Lightsaber Combat.

Anzel
10.15.2012 , 02:45 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Skodan View Post
I believe it's 20%. You get 1 Legacy XP from every 5 regular XP. I think... That would mean playing your higher level characters would give you more XP (and more Legacy XP) than playing alts. Again... I think...
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

Urael
10.15.2012 , 02:48 PM | #16
Only way to up your legacy is to grind.

Walking-Carpet
10.15.2012 , 02:49 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Zenates View Post

I believe Skodan is correct.

A percentage of XP earned by characters is added to Legacy XP, but it's not a fixed percentage. Lower level characters contribute a higher percentage of their XP gain to Legacy XP than higher level characters do. However, the higher level characters still contribute more XP despite that discrepancy. *

I'm at work right now, so I don't have access to actual figures, but here's an example of how it works (using completely made-up numbers):

Let's say a level 10 character contributes to Legacy XP at a 50% rate for quest XP, i.e., for every 100 XP he personally earns from completing quests, the Legacy gets 50 XP.

And let's say a level 50 character contributes to Legacy XP at a 20% rate for quest XP.

Furthermore, say the level 10's quest completion is worth 200 XP while the level 50's is worth 2,000 XP.

The level 10 will then contribute 200 * 0.50 = 100 to Legacy XP
The level 50 will then contribute 2,000 * 0.20 = 400 to Legacy XP

So, despite the level 10 contributing at a higher percentage rate, the level 50 still contributes more overall Legacy XP.

Again, the above numbers are completely made up by me because I don't have the actual figures in front of me, but this illustrates how higher level characters can contribute more Legacy XP despite contributing at a lower percentage.

I can provide some actual figures later today if you're interested.

------
* Just to complicate things further, different activities (e.g., mob killing, quest completion, map discoveries, PvP, Space Missions) contribute to Legacy XP at different rates. But I won't get into this now.