Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question: The most effective way to earn money

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Question: The most effective way to earn money

Crazymanik
10.14.2012 , 04:23 AM | #1
Hi guys!

I am in this game for a very long time. And I am curious, how can I earn money in the most effective and easy way. I am in a little bit of money crisis, so I will welcome any suggestions.

Thanks guys and enjoy the game! :-)
Darrian
Level 50 Jedi Guardian
Czech RP guild Vesper Umbris
EU RP server The Progenitor

LordArtemis
10.14.2012 , 07:28 AM | #2
I'd like to know this myself. I'm pretty broke at the moment, I have one character close to level 40 and the rest of them are between 15 and 30. I'm having a tough time getting the money together to afford more space and speeders.

Crazymanik
10.14.2012 , 08:48 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
I'd like to know this myself. I'm pretty broke at the moment, I have one character close to level 40 and the rest of them are between 15 and 30. I'm having a tough time getting the money together to afford more space and speeders.
Yeah... I have level 42 Sith Warrior and I have the exact same problem. And Slicing is absolutely useless.
Darrian
Level 50 Jedi Guardian

Lynnx
10.14.2012 , 08:54 AM | #4
It is usually easiest to gather materials and sell them on the GTN.

If you wish to craft, cybertech will probably get the best sales. Artifice will often do well. Armstech is also pretty decent, especially for selling barrels.
Basically, mods is the way to go.

I suggest checking the GTN's availability before you make them. Check what there is a lot of and little of. Sometimes there are lots of items for a certain class, and little to nothing for a different class.

Sabredance
10.14.2012 , 09:00 AM | #5
The richest people are the ones who sell endgame PvE stuff.

On my server there is a guy with 120+ million.I heard of 700 million from another server.

Personally i live from selling augments and exotech stims.

There was a big price drop on augments but i still earn enough.

You need several chars and self-sufficiency to make it profitable tho.

Gathering crafting material is easier to access and a good money maker.

Quote: Originally Posted by Crazymanik View Post
And Slicing is absolutely useless.
I have Slicing maxed on 8 chars.Thatīs how useless it is.

Nickisatowel
10.14.2012 , 09:00 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Crazymanik View Post
Yeah... I have level 42 Sith Warrior and I have the exact same problem. And Slicing is absolutely useless.
How is slicing useless? I crit 25% of the time, and those mission discoveries are, depending on the day, anywhere from 10k-20k. With the lock box missions you get your money back from the lockboxes, and with the tech parts, if you do crit, the purple parts pay for your next 20 missions.

TalonVII
10.14.2012 , 09:12 AM | #7
higher level the boxes get bigger and bigger. Hell i'm only on belsavis and good 1/4 of my income is from slicing boxes.

Other than that do skills like treasure hunting or investigation. They make mad money.

And scavanger. AMP IT UP. Start getting blue and purple parts. SELL THEM on GTN. People will pay. Supply and demand guys.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

Crazymanik
10.14.2012 , 09:18 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Nickisatowel View Post
How is slicing useless? I crit 25% of the time, and those mission discoveries are, depending on the day, anywhere from 10k-20k. With the lock box missions you get your money back from the lockboxes, and with the tech parts, if you do crit, the purple parts pay for your next 20 missions.
Well.. I have only a little level of Slicing. And I dont have any companion who is exactly into Slicing. So I am not receiving much crits. And those boxes will practicly just erase my funding into finding them.
Darrian
Level 50 Jedi Guardian

mentalmackem
10.14.2012 , 09:23 AM | #9
At endgame the best way to make money is selling crafted endgame gear etc or doing dailys every day gets u decent cash, at lower levels id try to play the market abit

Wolfninjajedi
10.14.2012 , 09:35 AM | #10
Just play the game, do quests and all that, dailies, flashpoints, credits are easy to come by.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.