Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there a more useless companion than Lord Scourge?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Is there a more useless companion than Lord Scourge?

Newyankalt
10.14.2012 , 10:16 PM | #11
I can name a name half the companions in the game worse than him. Some are bowdaar,kayliyo and tano vik. 2 are just bad tanks and 1 is plain annoying than there's yuun, talz and SKADGE who are completely useless. The list goes on.

Mithros
10.15.2012 , 02:37 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by epicfear View Post
Can you understand lord scourge? because if so, you get a better deal than sith warriors, who get a talz who we can't even understand.
Yeah, but...
Spoiler

Point is, a lot of classes have a token gibberish-speaker, and, coincidentally or not, most of those are tanks.
Beta Squadron 157

As long as we remember, it's never really gone.

epicfear
10.15.2012 , 02:48 PM | #13
At least T7, bowdaar and blizz are cool. Broonmark is just... meh.
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the Star Wars EU

Eillack
10.17.2012 , 06:49 AM | #14
M1-4X is only good for laughs...otherwise useless....

...then there is C2-N2
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

happysister
10.18.2012 , 07:56 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
not sure how you are managing that, my companions die in seconds when trying to do the dailies and if i haven't killed the strong that practicually one-shotted my companion, i will be close behind, then in came a commando and just AoE'ed the lost down and just had the strong to take out.
then you must be doing something wrong...cause even before end game, my guardian and her Kira would kill 2-3 groups of mobs before needing to stop and heal up. i never even used Doc. Kira just made things so much faster. now that i'm level 50 in BH/Columi, and Kira's in Tionese/Columi, we just steamroll through everything and barely ever need to slow down and take a breather. she just kills things so fast while my guardian is a taunting brick wall. it's ridiculous. i shudder to think what kind of wrecking ball she'll be when i finally get her in full BH.
The Kipplar Legacy ~ Proud Founder of The Old Republic
The Heroes of The Republic

OldVengeance
10.18.2012 , 08:08 PM | #16
I actually found Scourge half-usefull when I tried him out on Belsavis. When he tanked I usually won fights without dying, but I often had to scrape his carcass off the ground after most every one of them. I probably would bring him out more than I do if I wasn't roleplaying my Knight to hate his sith guts.

bright_ephemera
10.19.2012 , 08:47 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
As an exemple without spoiling anything when I had my melee tank with my Agent (Sniper), I had more damage mitigation from armor than him ... without being a tank myself, I'm a better tank than my tank companion, no point using him.
While minimally spoiling, the Agent's melee tank is not male. The male melee character is DPS and is not intended to have high armor rating.

I have troubles with most tank companions. The survivability buff does not outweigh the damage output advantage of DPS companions, at least not for my preferred combat pace. Lord Scourge I love just for the purple AoE life-sucking. In fact, he and Khem Val are my favorite tanks just for that, because it looks awesome and scary. I gear them and take them everywhere I can. That said, when the going gets tough the tough takes Doc out instead.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Altheran
10.19.2012 , 02:29 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
While minimally spoiling, the Agent's melee tank is not male.
I used a "he" just to not spoil anything. English is not my native language, but in english don't you use the "he" when you don't want to be gender-accurate ?

By the way, I tested multiple times on the same NPC "packs" (1 Strong Nexu + 2 Weak Nexus), and the real "he" was always alive at the end of the fight (even if force the NPC to attack him - because when the NPC is rooted, he attacks who is in his range, aka "him") with than 30% HP, while the tank died 50% of the time or live with less than 20%.
And as a side note, the real "he" had not recieved any replacement gear because I don't like him running with a Inquistor style.

Diplomaticus
10.20.2012 , 02:26 AM | #19
Melee tanks are actually my favourite sort of companion (for soloing purposes anyway). Give them an offensive off-hand and put them in attack stance (increasing their dps significantly - as it cuts their dps cooldowns by a major bit, a luxury ranged tanks don't get for some reason). Then, leave their taunts active. Allows for a very even damage spread (incoming) between you and the companion, while retaining a dps output relatively close to what a double dps combo would have. In my experience, this combination has fairly high killing power (only slightly outperformed by dps companions) and fairly low downtime (only outperformed by healer companions - and sometimes perhaps full tanks, if you can mount/unmount heal them).

Important to add is that all my 8 characters are dps.

denpic
10.20.2012 , 02:32 AM | #20
He's actual pretty beast get him a BM dps set

I prefer doc tho I never ever die with Him