Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Most fun healing class, and why?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Most fun healing class, and why?

Koendewit
10.13.2012 , 07:00 AM | #1
Just a little poll here. Tell me what your favourite healing class is and why you like it better than others.
Thx for the input
It's the talent in the concealment tree called "Clandestine QQ" that gives Backstab a 1/2% chance to instantly unsub the target, and a 50/100% chance to stunlock their entire computer.

iRedRIng
10.13.2012 , 08:35 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Koendewit View Post
Just a little poll here. Tell me what your favourite healing class is and why you like it better than others.
Thx for the input
Hybrid sorc heals for the lolstun

Koendewit
10.14.2012 , 05:05 AM | #3
Really? No more ppl? I'd Really like an answer because I can then decide which class to play.
It's the talent in the concealment tree called "Clandestine QQ" that gives Backstab a 1/2% chance to instantly unsub the target, and a 50/100% chance to stunlock their entire computer.

Rothie
10.14.2012 , 05:28 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Koendewit View Post
Really? No more ppl? I'd Really like an answer because I can then decide which class to play.
When you get the right answer the first time, what more needs be said? But it is subjective.
You registered your Pre-Order code on July 21, 2011 and now are registered for the following items:
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition Pre-Order
AΩE
*** Rattataki, Bounty Hunter***

spectreclees
10.14.2012 , 05:31 AM | #5
Depending on faction, Merc/Commando healing is rather fun. It's very single target though and lacks aoe healing capability. Operative/Smuggler is a very well rounded healer, but lacks any big heals. It mostly consists of you running around casting instants and hots on people. Sorc/Sage is basically the well rounded healer with a bit of everything, it has a shield, some big and small heals and a nice AoE heal puddle. It's up to you what you like in your playstyle of healer.

LordArtemis
10.14.2012 , 07:35 AM | #6
It hasn't been fun to play ANY healing class so far, with the exception of Sorc before the 1.4 nerf. It used to be passable until they nerfed loot for the higher end mobs and world bosses.

Now it's ok if I want to run heroics more often, but it's much more fun to play straight DPS.

TheNahash
10.14.2012 , 07:49 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
It hasn't been fun to play ANY healing class so far, with the exception of Sorc before the 1.4 nerf. It used to be passable until they nerfed loot for the higher end mobs and world bosses.
lol
How does this have anything at all to do with which healing class is fun to play??

To the OP:
I never liked Mercenary/Trooper healing at all, but Operative and Sorc healing are both fun. It just depends on how you like to play. If you like a more mobile healing, Op is way better for you. If you like better aoe/less HOT healing more, sorcerers are better.

Moonglum
10.14.2012 , 08:47 AM | #8
I personally like the merc healer. Some posters have indicated they don't have a decent AOE heal, but the Kolto Missile is pretty damned good, imho. And because you can wear heavy armor, your survivability is pretty high as you wade into the thick of the melee and keep dropping the aforementioned Kolto missiles at your feet every few seconds while targeting your allies with your three or four other heal options. (I have a Sorc healer and an Operative healer as well. I've found the survivability to be a bit on the difficult side for both classes. Could be I'm just not that skilled at staying alive?)

In any event, for me the clear answer is: Mercenary! Fun, plenty of heals to go around and survivable.

That said, he's REALLY slow leveling PvE -- the DPS merc mows mobs faster than a Lawnboy does a patch of mushrooms.
Sārumān (55 Sorc) :: Xerus (55 Jug) :: Gozerian (55 Merc) :: Seutonius (55 Op) :: Dartagnan (55 Gunslinger) ... and 12 others <50

Lynnx
10.14.2012 , 08:48 AM | #9
I think the easiest is the sage/sorc because you can shield your friends and then heal them.

Of course, your question is which is the most fun.

I think the scoundrel/operative is the most fun.

I think the scoun/op looks the most like a high tech doctor because you point a device that shoots out glowing lines to heal.

Also, I like the scoundrel's cowboy characteristics. I like being a space cowboy doctor.

Spoletta
10.14.2012 , 08:59 AM | #10
I love every second on my scoundrel healer, but i'm intrigued in the sorc healing. Guess i'll try it some of these days.