Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Top 20 Jedi/Sith

MasterMe
10.12.2012 , 08:10 AM | #1
Yeah, I realize there have only been a gabazillion posts similar to this, but I've never gotten the chance to post one. So here goes.

Note: This is only my opinion. I'm not posting this here to start a argument. I simply want to see all the diverse lists.

Note: You'll notice that none of the Jedi or Sith of the NJO era are on this list. This is because my knowledge of them is very little. Accordingly, I cannot rate them on this list.

1. Luke Skywalker
2. Darth Vitiate
3. Galen Marek
4. Darth Sidious
5. Yoda
6. Mace Windu
7. Darth Plagueis
8. Revan
9. Obi-wan Kenobi
10. Darth Zannah
11. Meetra Surik
12. Darth Bane (without the Orbilisk)
13. Darth Malgus
14. Darth Vader (with suit)
15. Kreia
16. Marka Ragnos
17. Plo Koon
18. Darth Maul
19. Exar Kun
20. Satele Shan

You guys don't have to make a top 20 list. It can stop at 10 if you want. I just felt like throwing a lot of characters in there. So what do you guys think? What does your list look like?

Aurbere
10.12.2012 , 09:06 AM | #2
Yes. There are many posts like this, but it is nice to see how people rate the characters of Star Wars. I'll attempt to stick as closely to canon as I can, but some may be my opinion.

1. Luke Skywalker (kinda obvious)
2. Darth Sidious (again obvious)
3. Darth Caedus
4. Yoda
5. Mace Windu
6. Kyp Durron
7. Obi-Wan Kenobi
8. Darth Vader
9. Plo Koon
10. Exar Kun
11. Cin Drallig
12. Count Dooku
13. Shaak Ti
14. Meetra Surik
15. Kreia
16. Darth Jadus
17. Darth Malgus
18. Satele Shan
19. Darth Bane
20. Lord Hoth

You may be wondering why the Sith Emperor is not on my list. The reason for that is because the original Sith Lords did not consider him a true Sith so I do not either.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

MasterMe
10.12.2012 , 09:10 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Yes. There are many posts like this, but it is nice to see how people rate the characters of Star Wars. I'll attempt to stick as closely to canon as I can, but some may be my opinion.

1. Luke Skywalker (kinda obvious)
2. Darth Sidious (again obvious)
3. Darth Caedus
4. Yoda
5. Mace Windu
6. Kyp Durron
7. Obi-Wan Kenobi
8. Darth Vader
9. Plo Koon
10. Exar Kun
11. Cin Drallig
12. Count Dooku
13. Shaak Ti
14. Meetra Surik
15. Kreia
16. Darth Jadus
17. Darth Malgus
18. Satele Shan
19. Darth Bane
20. Lord Hoth

You may be wondering why the Sith Emperor is not on my list. The reason for that is because the original Sith Lords did not consider him a true Sith so I do not either.
Whether or not he's a true Sith Lord doesn't mean he can't be on the list. I guess what I meant when I said top Jedi/Sith is just top force users. Interesting post though.

Aurbere
10.12.2012 , 09:14 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Whether or not he's a true Sith Lord doesn't mean he can't be on the list. I guess what I meant when I said top Jedi/Sith is just top force users. Interesting post though.
In my opinion, the Sith Emperor isn't really that powerful. Think about it. Most of what he does is through rituals. At least to my recollection, he used a ritual to siphon the power of a bunch of Sith Lords to put him where he's at right now. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Did a little research on the Emperor and it seems I was correct. He gained most of his power through the use of a ritual on the planet Nathema by draining the energy of the many Sith Lords as well as the planet itself.
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

MasterMe
10.12.2012 , 10:12 AM | #5
In my opinion, the Sith Emperor isn't really that powerful. Think about it. Most of what he does is through rituals. At least to my recollection, he used a ritual to siphon the power of a bunch of Sith Lords to put him where he's at right now. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Did a little research on the Emperor and it seems I was correct. He gained most of his power through the use of a ritual on the planet Nathema by draining the energy of the many Sith Lords as well as the planet itself.
I would disagree. I think he's very powerful. He's got a TON of knowledge of Sith sorcery. Just look at all he accomlished at such a young age. But I won't argue that. I respect your opinion, and like I said,before, the purpose of this article is to see everyone's diverse opinions.

MasterMe
10.12.2012 , 10:13 AM | #6
One more thing: Why isn't Galen Marek on your list? I'm curious what you think about him. He did beat Vader and Sidious after all.

Emperor_Kakashi
10.12.2012 , 10:17 AM | #7

I agree with this, although even with Scourge, Meetra and Revan together, victory against the Emperor (had Scourge not killed Meetra) was still unlikely.

Anyway,
1. Luke Skywalker
2. Darth Sidious
3. Darth Caedus
4. Mace Windu
5. Galen Marek
6. Yoda
7. Sith Emperor
8. Obi-wan Kenobi
9. Darth Vader
10. Darth Tyranus
11. Exar Kun
12. Revan
13. Meetra Surik
14. Kreia
15. Darth Malgus
16. Cin Drallig
17. Darth Nihilus
18. Ulic Qel Droma
19. Satele Shan
20. Darth Maul

Aurbere
10.12.2012 , 10:31 AM | #8
One more thing: Why isn't Galen Marek on your list? I'm curious what you think about him. He did beat Vader and Sidious after all.
Galen Marek isn't on my list strictly from my personal view of him. He is powerful, but I don't consider him Jedi or Sith. But like you said after I posted my list, that its for Force-users in general. Bearing that in mind, I would put him somewhere between Plo Koon and Yoda. Mace and Yoda would beat him pretty easily, in my opinion.

Actually he did not beat Sidious or Vader. If I remember correctly, Vader wasn't really trying and Sidious didn't consider him a threat worthy of his time. I don't want to get into an argument over it.

TalonVII
10.12.2012 , 10:35 AM | #9
most people don't consider him cannon and also consider him OP'd to boot. Not that it wasn't a fun game the first one, second one just was short and sucked.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight

Aurbere
10.12.2012 , 10:38 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
most people don't consider him cannon and also consider him OP'd to boot. Not that it wasn't a fun game the first one, second one just was short and sucked.
To be honest, Galen Marek never crossed my mind. He is fairly OP in game, but the novel puts back into the realm of canon. I'll have to read it again, but I don't think he really won against Vader or Sidious.