Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 seems pointless don't see the hype.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
HK-51 seems pointless don't see the hype.

Lunafox
10.12.2012 , 03:33 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
It's a shiney ball to appease SW fans.
It's not appeasing me sadly.

I was sort of excited about it, until I saw the list of things that you'll have to do to get one. I was fine up until it said the hardmode, and seeing as I don't do those, don't belong to a guild and play alone or with my hubby, I'll never have one. It's a dissapointment, and its certainly not enough to motivate me to become suddenly sociable.

What I'd really like to see is more class story...how about chapters 4,5,6? And I don't mean stupid quests here or there or wherever. I want the quests to be part of the story, to mean something, for there to be an actual story again. I guess I just miss convos with my companions...and wish for new companions for the toons that got rooked, like my lady trooper, consular and my male SI.
Check out my novel! ETERNITY AWAITS

MariaD
10.12.2012 , 05:08 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Polebreaker View Post
But what will you use him for? Seriously? .
I will probably PvP with him (in the BH, where there is outdoor PvP). And I will probably take some screenshots with him to illustrate my stories. And yes, dailies - I will check the new ones out for sure. And I sometimes run old ones still.

Rafaman
10.12.2012 , 05:18 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by AlixMV View Post
I can't speak for the other poster, but I have maybe +70 Presence from my alts and, granted, all the buffs, but I've been playing a Powertech using a DPS Companion from Quesh through Voss, playing at or even below level, and outside of an Elite boss fight the other night, I've had no trouble getting through. Some of the other Elite fights have been close shaves, but I've done it.

And I don't consider myself a power gamer by any stretch of the imagination, with all the bestest gear, etc.
Yup. I agree with you. I haven't augmented presence in anyway and yet I have learned to fight with all of my companions effectively. You have to understand what they will do how they will fight or heal, but its not hard. With my tank it is really easy peasy. With my dps, kill order is important as well as protecting my healer, but... its all basically the same foundation.

But, I must say, I made it a point to learn to fight with all of them and I did cap and max out affection on all. So... now it seems like a second thought although for speed runs I prefer my healer simply because I don't have to take the time to heal in between encounters.

Blackavaar
10.12.2012 , 06:09 PM | #74
Now that I know all that is required to get him and realize only a level 50 will ever be able to use him...

Yeah, that sucks. WTH? It should be a Legacy wide unlock.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Jett-Rinn
10.12.2012 , 06:20 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
It's a shiney ball to appease SW fans.
Yes more people should be jaded and constantly make snarky remarks like you do.
Remember kids say anything remotely positive about SWTOR and you're automatically labeled a Bioware employee.

Aelther
10.12.2012 , 07:13 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by gabarooni View Post
The way the game is set up it seems pretty pointless to use a dps companion I only ever use Healers and I guess if I ever rolled a healer I might use a Tank. So what is the hype with the HK-51? Seems to me its just gonna be another useless companion collecting dust unless they made the game more like Kotor and you could have 2 companions.
Being a Tank myself and having tank alts as well, I'm very happy that he is DPS, Tank companion would be of no help whatsoever to me.
Spoiler
By the way HK droids are Assassin Droids, not beefy tanks and most definitely not medical droids. So him being DPS makes perfect sense.

AshlaBoga
10.12.2012 , 10:16 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post

I was sort of excited about it, until I saw the list of things that you'll have to do to get one. I was fine up until it said the hardmode, and seeing as I don't do those, don't belong to a guild and play alone or with my hubby, I'll [soon] have one.
I get that you don't do Hard Mode Flashpoints but if you did you'd be aware that you and your husband can 2 man HM Foundry , so you see there's not really a problem at all!

P.S: I love being the bearer of good news.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

eldefail
11.18.2012 , 08:34 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post

I was sort of excited about it, until I saw the list of things that you'll have to do to get one. I was fine up until it said the hardmode, and seeing as I don't do those, don't belong to a guild and play alone or with my hubby, I'll never have one. It's a dissapointment, and its certainly not enough to motivate me to become suddenly sociable.

What I'd really like to see is more class story...how about chapters 4,5,6? And I don't mean stupid quests here or there or wherever. I want the quests to be part of the story, to mean something, for there to be an actual story again. I guess I just miss convos with my companions...and wish for new companions for the toons that got rooked, like my lady trooper, consular and my male SI.
Ran hardmode foundry today with two guildies and a pug tank. Me and the tank were not geared. You can do HM Foundry in the free recruit pvp gear, just so you know. They put in a hardmode because why not, but they chose one that has a gearcheck of "just turned 50".

And as AshlaBoga said, you can 2m most if not all of HM Foundry. You most certainly can 3 man it.

Slowpokeking
11.18.2012 , 09:00 PM | #79
I think the biggest problem of HK 51 is its gear, you can't just buy sets to put on him. Other than that he's super cool.

MariaD
11.18.2012 , 09:16 PM | #80
It was a really, really cool mission chain to do. I enjoyed the feel of it, especially the Theoretica part, but also dialogues on Belsavis. Oh, and the drama around Tatooine. The droid itself is more of a symbolic value than pragmatic.