Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 seems pointless don't see the hype.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
HK-51 seems pointless don't see the hype.

MadBlue
10.12.2012 , 03:55 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by mothear View Post
If what I've read in the boards is true this is another 'slap in the face' patch for soloers.
Yes, because when you acquire HK-51 he automatically replaces the companion you use most for leveling.- just to screw with soloers.

mothear
10.12.2012 , 04:14 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by MadBlue View Post
Yes, because when you acquire HK-51 he automatically replaces the companion you use most for leveling.- just to screw with soloers.
Well he might if soloers could get him, oops sorry they can't as you need to do 2 FP's as part of the story.

Griad
10.12.2012 , 04:41 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post
The real kicker is that I cant use him for Flashpoints, OPs or warzones so I probally not use him.

I suppose when Makeb comes out i could use him then for a couple levels but then its back to the crafting menu
Why cant you use him for flashpoints..?? i generally use one of my companions when we dont have a full group
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

RickShan
10.12.2012 , 04:52 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by mothear View Post
If what I've read in the boards is true this is another 'slap in the face' patch for soloers.
Like most of the boards wasn't trolling, whining, hate and trash right?...

Kavu
10.12.2012 , 04:59 AM | #45
c'mon people stop feeding the trolls.
Kavu 60 Gunslinger
Kritz'krieg 55 Commando Kapowy 50 guardian
Kalim' ti 50 Sentinel
Desolation 50 Marauder

AshlaBoga
10.12.2012 , 05:16 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post
The real kicker is that I cant use him for Flashpoints, OPs or warzones so I probally not use him.

I suppose when Makeb comes out i could use him then for a couple levels but then its back to the crafting menu
Really? Just because he's a dps companion doesn't mean you can't solo with him. I will admit that the best companion type to solo with is a healer, but that doesn't mean that he's not useful. If you're trying to 2 man a HM like BP you want to make sure your dps is good so you avoid enrage. If you've got +300 presence and prototype level 50 gear on HK-51 then you can use him as a dps.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

spectreclees
10.12.2012 , 05:36 AM | #47
Oh, he's pure dps? Well then I am definitely not using him as healer will always win out for me. Grats on doing my missions HK.

Jamus_Divinus
10.12.2012 , 05:42 AM | #48
Not sure where people need healer companions tbh. HK can only be unlocked at lvl 50 so levelling up purposes are redundant. I guess for dailies? Though I'm not sure anyone dies during dailies anymore so why not use a dps companion for those.
Star Wars Galaxies - Bria Server - April 2005- December 2011
500,000,000+ Mounts:262/270 Pets:225/241
Achievement points:39775 Ships mastered: 24/24

Ooloi
10.12.2012 , 05:58 AM | #49
I'm a huge fan of KOTOR 1 & 2, played them to death. Played SWG, loved it when it was *hard* to get to be a Jedi.

All my companions are either tanks or healers, I never run with a dps companion unless it's a starting companion and then I switch asap. It would be nice if most of the companions could be run as one of 2 specs, you pick but oh well.

In the case of HK-51 however, if he is only a dps spec and not a ranged tank I'll be somewhat disappointed. And not just from a mechanics viewpoint, but also from a story viewpoint. HK51 is sturdier than just a dps spec, and it's unlikely they gave him rad abilities and a skill rotation that makes him super effective as pure dps. And if he comes naked and you're stuck with sub par droid stuff until you go and run another whole series of dailies for weeks on end to buy him whatever the new droid gear is supposed to be then blerg. Not to mention that so far new gear releases haven't *exactly* been praised for their itemization, so I have no optimism whatsoever that the droid stuff will be any better.

Questions remain: storyline for him? missions about him? quests to get his affection up? Does it even matter if you do? And just when does anyone use a level 50 companion? At level 50 they're all obsolete a majority of the time anyway unless you just love spending all your time grinding dailies solo.

So - yay HK51 whoopee. Ok, back to normal life.

Alduinsm
10.12.2012 , 06:33 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Ooloi View Post
I'm a huge fan of KOTOR 1 & 2, played them to death. Played SWG, loved it when it was *hard* to get to be a Jedi.

All my companions are either tanks or healers, I never run with a dps companion unless it's a starting companion and then I switch asap. It would be nice if most of the companions could be run as one of 2 specs, you pick but oh well.

In the case of HK-51 however, if he is only a dps spec and not a ranged tank I'll be somewhat disappointed. And not just from a mechanics viewpoint, but also from a story viewpoint. HK51 is sturdier than just a dps spec, and it's unlikely they gave him rad abilities and a skill rotation that makes him super effective as pure dps. And if he comes naked and you're stuck with sub par droid stuff until you go and run another whole series of dailies for weeks on end to buy him whatever the new droid gear is supposed to be then blerg. Not to mention that so far new gear releases haven't *exactly* been praised for their itemization, so I have no optimism whatsoever that the droid stuff will be any better.

Questions remain: storyline for him? missions about him? quests to get his affection up? Does it even matter if you do? And just when does anyone use a level 50 companion? At level 50 they're all obsolete a majority of the time anyway unless you just love spending all your time grinding dailies solo.

So - yay HK51 whoopee. Ok, back to normal life.
He's an assassin droid so it's not surprised that he's dps.
Shin