Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 seems pointless don't see the hype.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
HK-51 seems pointless don't see the hype.

AshlaBoga
10.12.2012 , 01:37 AM | #31
New Level Cap means new solo (Makeb not Class) content. Therefore HK-51 will be useful for doing the Makeb missions and possible bonus series.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

sithgreyguard
10.12.2012 , 02:44 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
New Level Cap means new solo (Makeb not Class) content. Therefore HK-51 will be useful for doing the Makeb missions and possible bonus series.
Plus hes Cool.

ProsaicProse
10.12.2012 , 02:47 AM | #33
It's HK-51. That's reason enough for me to want to have him.

POPsi
10.12.2012 , 02:50 AM | #34
probably will get him, but not a priority for me... I'm better off with a tank companion in columi/rakata gear.

Styxx
10.12.2012 , 02:59 AM | #35
A bit sad that he is more of a "prize" than useful. I have a few that could have used him as DPS. This way I have to settle for my healer. Not a bad thing to get to choose between Scorpio and HK-51

I wonder if they have special text, since they ARE some... murderous droids, after all.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

randalthorr
10.12.2012 , 03:27 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
Did you play KOTOR 1? Then you know why everybody loves him.

You can easily have him out when youre doing daily quests. He probably can tank aswell.

If he was available from launch, I would have used him full time while leveling my characters. I really cannot be excited about HK-51 so late after launch. I don't do dailies, I cannot even stand the character creator screen, let alone start leveling another toon and I believe he is available only to a level 50 character.

Allow me to say, 'MEH'.

Just so you know, I most definitely played KOTOR more times than you did.
“Equality is a chain, like obedience. Like fear or uncertainty or self doubt.”
-Darth Bane

Red-Zone Australia

Redat
10.12.2012 , 03:31 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by randalthorr View Post
If he was available from launch, I would have used him full time while leveling my characters. I really cannot be excited about HK-51 so late after launch. I don't do dailies, I cannot even stand the character creator screen, let alone start leveling another toon and I believe he is available only to a level 50 character.

Allow me to say, 'MEH'.

Just so you know, I most definitely played KOTOR more times than you did.
QFT! Played both kotor AND SWG which HK-47 (the proper one) made an appearance, and I really dont see the point of releasing ANOTHER bugged update, mark my words, it will fail badly again, let me put it this way:

It is the definition of insanity to repeat the exact same action and expect a different outcome...........

MadBlue
10.12.2012 , 03:40 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by gabarooni View Post
The way the game is set up it seems pretty pointless to use a dps companion I only ever use Healers and I guess if I ever rolled a healer I might use a Tank. So what is the hype with the HK-51? Seems to me its just gonna be another useless companion collecting dust unless they made the game more like Kotor and you could have 2 companions.
Every class gets ranged and melee DPS, ranged and melee tank and heals. So any new companion is going to be redundant if they fill one of those roles, and if they made him a tank or heals, then he'd be completely useless as a companion for people playing a tank or heals. DPS is something that's always useful, and as others have said, he's there to please KOTOR fans.

mothear
10.12.2012 , 03:43 AM | #39
If what I've read in the boards is true this is another 'slap in the face' patch for soloers.

spectreclees
10.12.2012 , 03:52 AM | #40
Unless he allows me to have 6 crew members out at a time, I don't see a point either. I'll just get him for the story and what not.