Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 seems pointless don't see the hype.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
HK-51 seems pointless don't see the hype.

Khayleth
11.19.2012 , 04:55 AM | #101
I'm a jugg tank and only ever used my healer until I started using HK, I don't plan on ever switching back once I figured out how to use HK's true potential.

The best advice I can give people: Don't knock him until you try him. He mauls everything in his path and has a special out of combat ability he can use which instantly kills any mob that is Strong or weaker. If you honestly think he's useless and don't have him, you can't make that assertion. If you have him and still honestly think he's useless? You aren't using him correctly.
Raid progression no one cares about. Unimpressive quote or one liner. Uninteresting guild name. List of characters with their level and class symbol.

Gabrandt
11.19.2012 , 06:04 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by gabarooni View Post
T I guess if I ever rolled a healer I might use a Tank.
You guess wrong.
The dark side perceives all.

JediCahlwyn
11.19.2012 , 06:14 AM | #103
With my Jedi Guardian (tank) I used Kira (mDPS) the entire game as I liked her and thought Doc was a turd.

I've been using HK-51 (rDPS) for dailies and am having a great time with him! He is pretty ******, especially geared up.

My Jedi Sage (heals) uses Nadia (mDPS) as his companion (notice two Jedi characters, no tank/heal comps). So it isn't "pointless" to have a DPS comp.

Plus reports were saying that in the Mandalorian War (or whatever it is called) version of the new droid gear, HK is a pretty good "tanky" comp (though I don't see a stance toggle nor do I see any taunts).

Finally, when pairing with friends and guildmates, I've noticed with me as a tank they are usually a healer (odd I know) so we both use DPS companions. OR if they are DPS one of us still needs to use a DPS comp while the other uses a healer so we have the proper squad makeup of Tank, Heals, DPS x2.

But in general, there is use for him if you like the type of character.
--Master Endric Cahlwyn--
<The Womp Rats> of The Shadowlands
Jedi Guardian 55 For The Republic!

Nemmar
11.19.2012 , 06:30 AM | #104
I didnt read the whole thread, but HK-52 is actually the best companion you can have. He does very good damage and he has a skill that one shots an enemy every 5 kills (when out of combat). Any sort of questing/grinding will be alot easier with him along.
If you need one dps on heroics quests or replacement damage on a dungeon, he is a really good choice, unlike previous dps'rs that are actually quite weak. He is a great choice for healers soloing aswell.

Palonto
11.19.2012 , 08:03 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Yogol View Post
... (snip) Kill them and kill them fast: they can't kill you when they're dead!
That is an awesome mantra!
Proud member of SQUADRON 367
Quote:
C2-N2 - The only thing that crits is his voice in your earchannel!

Georg Zoeller

AMKSED
11.19.2012 , 08:06 AM | #106
They gave content to the carebears.

SWG all over again...