Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 seems pointless don't see the hype.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
HK-51 seems pointless don't see the hype.

gabarooni
10.11.2012 , 02:49 PM | #1
The way the game is set up it seems pretty pointless to use a dps companion I only ever use Healers and I guess if I ever rolled a healer I might use a Tank. So what is the hype with the HK-51? Seems to me its just gonna be another useless companion collecting dust unless they made the game more like Kotor and you could have 2 companions.

Yogol
10.11.2012 , 02:51 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by gabarooni View Post
The way the game is set up it seems pretty pointless to use a dps companion I only ever use Healers and I guess if I ever rolled a healer I might use a Tank. So what is the hype with the HK-51? Seems to me its just gonna be another useless companion collecting dust unless they made the game more like Kotor and you could have 2 companions.
You don't need a tank nor a healer for any of the single content. I only use DPS companions. And I spec as DPS too, when I play solo. Kill them and kill them fast: they can't kill you when they're dead!
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

CosmicKat
10.11.2012 , 02:51 PM | #3
It's a shiney ball to appease SW fans.

Draekos
10.11.2012 , 02:52 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
It's a shiney ball to appease SW fans.
Shocking in a SW game!!
Currently playing Nhatt Sixpack on the Bastion.

Lionflash
10.11.2012 , 02:53 PM | #5
^^and if you equip them right and get the presence stat bonusses they can out DPS you if you let 'em. Use your aggro dump and let them share the damage.

I don't use companions based on their role. I use which ever one I feel like...

Urael
10.11.2012 , 02:56 PM | #6
HK-51 is pointless (which er .. is the point). You don't "need" to get him if you don't want. It's a "bone" tossed to KoTOR Fans. If you are not a KoTOR fan this is why you may not "get it". Don't worry. You don't have to get him to have fun. Just ignore the quest if it's not to your liking.

Nemmar
10.11.2012 , 02:57 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by gabarooni View Post
Did you play KOTOR 1? Then you know why everybody loves him.

You can easily have him out when youre doing daily quests. He probably can tank aswell.

CosmicKat
10.11.2012 , 02:59 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Draekos View Post
Shocking in a SW game!!
I wasn't insinuating that it was a bad thing to appease SW fans. Anything new is a positive, even fluff.

gabarooni
10.11.2012 , 02:59 PM | #9
Im playing Kotor 1 atm but I only just got out of the Taris sewers so I havent done much

GnatB
10.11.2012 , 03:06 PM | #10
To be fair, DPS companions are fine to blow through easy content faster, or when 2manning with somebody else and healer/tank is already covered.

That being said, since every class already gets both ranged and melee DPS, he'd be pointless regardless. As said, he's basically just a bone thrown towards the KOTOR players that liked HK-47 (personally, I thought he was just annoying)