Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Back after 9 months off. Dps meters yet?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Back after 9 months off. Dps meters yet?

GhostNato
10.11.2012 , 12:26 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS View Post

Someone sensitive? So you got hit by the low dps disease and try to say everyone using a tool to find out you arent giving effort in what you do is an elitist?

We wouldnt need the tool in the first place if you were doing your job while having fun.

Actually...I am a tank....always been a tank

But i have been in a ops group where people have been singled out, yelled at and then kicked out of the group for not doing their job properly. If you were a DPS class and that happened to you, would you consider a game that does that still fun?

ztooG_
10.11.2012 , 12:29 AM | #12
No thank you.

hages
10.11.2012 , 01:36 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by GhostNato View Post
Actually...I am a tank....always been a tank

But i have been in a ops group where people have been singled out, yelled at and then kicked out of the group for not doing their job properly. If you were a DPS class and that happened to you, would you consider a game that does that still fun?
i agree with u....besides there is more to do than just dps for a dps.cc,keep an eye out for raid warnings,boss mechanics, throw some heals if really needed or bubble people. (i am a sorc) if u will solo focus on just dpsing u can not do all of those things. a good dpser knows what to do without a freacking meter!
nothings as good as an cold cold beer...and swtor to play drunk

paul_preib
10.11.2012 , 02:10 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by hages View Post
i agree with u....besides there is more to do than just dps for a dps.cc,keep an eye out for raid warnings,boss mechanics, throw some heals if really needed or bubble people. (i am a sorc) if u will solo focus on just dpsing u can not do all of those things. a good dpser knows what to do without a freacking meter!
There lies the other concern, even if they don't belittle/kick/etc. The other dps, you also possibly have the concern ofnot doing all those little non damage dealie things that make a run go smoother, be it unloading with no regard for threat, aoe with no concern for cc, or not waste a gcd on am interrupt because "that's the tanks job" or a defensive cd because "that's the healer's job to keep me alive"

Not saying everyone will misuse it, but in the average pug group how many do you think would either ignore or misuse an active dps meter vs use it as a helpful tool? I can give a reasonable estimate and.it doesn't favor the implementation.
Cyperian -- Sorceror Cyterian-- Sentinel Cyrellian-- Trooper Cyprian-- Sage
Cylerian-- Scoundrel Kyrellian-- Sniper
Of the Bloodborne and Deargna-Fhuil Legacies

hages
10.11.2012 , 02:24 AM | #15
[QUOTE=paul_preib;5267745Not saying everyone will misuse it, but in the average pug group how many do you think would either ignore or misuse an active dps meter vs use it as a helpful tool? I can give a reasonable estimate and.it doesn't favor the implementation.[/QUOTE]

That is my concern to. it is a great tool for personal use.to test out rotations and stuff. But people and some guild WILL use it as measurement of u. And when that happends the dps will ignore other things and just pew pew for the sake of a meter what in the end will lead to more wipes then ever.
In my experience when u are geared properly for the fp/raid that u wanna do .The bosses almost never enrage. So u have time to contrubute more things then just pew pew and a dps meter would ruin that .
Butt this is just my opinion ofc
nothings as good as an cold cold beer...and swtor to play drunk

Draekos
10.11.2012 , 02:30 AM | #16
I like how it is setup with the logging. I can work on my rotation and share results if raiding, but we are spared the trash meter spammer and pug abuses. With MoX and similar tools your raid group can still work out strats/give advice and it's more likley to be offline/out of the raid so it works great for guilds/friends, etc.
Currently playing Nhatt Sixpack on the Bastion.

chuixupu
10.11.2012 , 02:32 AM | #17
I'm on the fence about this. Obviously, we all hate it when people are d!cks. I hate it when people post meters at every opportunity to show off their epeen, I hate it when some one constantly pesters the group to post meters because they're too lazy to get one themselves, I hate it when people use meters as an excuse to boot someone.

But, I like to be able to see myself in comparison to other people, it helps me work harder and get better. I like to easily see who is underperforming in a guild run so we know who to sit down with and help with rotations. Not everyone is willing to go through the trouble of syncing and uploading their parses and it's hard to make people do that.

So I want them and I don't....I guess.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Alduinsm
10.11.2012 , 02:37 AM | #18
Use Mox(sync it to op and it will show everyone's dps,damage taken,healing,etc ,...) or other software for it,DPS meters bring more harm than good.
Shin

NinjaApacHe
10.11.2012 , 03:33 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Lancerx View Post
Just curious, Im back after 9 months off from playing, looking forward to having some fun solo'ing and what not. Is there anyway to monitor dps yet? I know before there was no way, and it kinda bummed me out. Dps charts I know are not that important at times, but they are very fun to me though.
Mmmmm, why do I have a smell of a troll?

recsa
10.11.2012 , 04:15 AM | #20
As you can clearly see in this thread, most of the long term raiders left the game, casuals dont use to like DPS/HPS/Threat meters.
A long time from now, in a galaxy far, far away, fanbois will realize they hurt games they love in a way no troll could ever dream of.