Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What order the class's stories?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
What order the class's stories?

Bird_of_Thunder
10.26.2012 , 09:56 PM | #11
if a war started, trooper is last. this game takes place during the Cold War, which was more a tactical border war with skirmishes and crisis-situations than a full-on legitimate war like the Great Hyperspace War

Bleeters
10.26.2012 , 10:04 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Bird_of_Thunder View Post
if a war started, trooper is last. this game takes place during the Cold War, which was more a tactical border war with skirmishes and crisis-situations than a full-on legitimate war like the Great Hyperspace War
...Have you actually played the Trooper story? The war is partly a response to their actions during act two.

StarSquirrel
10.26.2012 , 11:13 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Meepbot View Post
IA chapter 2, Ardun Kothe is trying to stop the war before it happens, the trooper starts the war, and every other class ch 2 starts after the war has, So I think its

1) IA
2)Trooper
3)JK (barely above SW)
4)SW
5-8) No clue from here
BH before Trooper remember... the whole chansellor thing.
I know if you look deep into your heart- which is currently all over that tree- you'll find a way to forgive me.

Aww, geez you look like a puppy! A blonde, eviscerated puppy!

-Alucard

Ranadiel_Marius
10.27.2012 , 05:42 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
I think to make sense of the story lines in terms of the Class story order, you have to ignore the planetary orders. Lets face it, not all the hero's could have done all the planetary stories. If you base it solely off of companion and Class story, you should get a better picture.

I think the general consensus I've heard was Agent is the first story to finish and consular or inquisitor finish last.

Also, BH before Trooper and Knight finishes before Warrior (but just barely I believe.)

What I think is likely (not definitive by any stretch of the imagination)
1. Agent
2. Bounty Hunter
3-5. Warrior/Knight/Smuggler (not sure what order)
6. Trooper
7-8. Consular/Inquisitor (not sure what order)
If we are going off of when they finish then Knight finishes after Consular because the Consular's final boss would have been incapacitated by hearing thousands of disembodied voices had that fight taken place after the Knight. I can't recall anything placing the Agent before the BH although the Agent definatly finishes before Trooper and Consular which both start at Corellia at about the same time. I think it makes the most sense for the Agent to be immediatly precede the Trooper/Consular athough I suppose it could be earlier. *shrug* I don't believe there is anything placing the Smuggler beyond it taking place after the BH. So something like this:

BH
(Smuggler here or at some later point)
Agent
Trooper & Consular likely finish at about the same time
Knight & Warrior finish at about the same time
Inquisitor

Quote: Originally Posted by Meepbot View Post
IA chapter 2, Ardun Kothe is trying to stop the war before it happens, the trooper starts the war, and every other class ch 2 starts after the war has, So I think its

1) IA
2)Trooper
3)JK (barely above SW)
4)SW
5-8) No clue from here
No for every class the war starts during the time lapse between chapter 2 and chapter 3. It is more explicit in some cases than in other(Trooper versus Inquisitor), but the war starts during the transition.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

StarSquirrel
10.27.2012 , 04:09 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post

BH
(Smuggler here or at some later point)
Agent
Trooper & Consular likely finish at about the same time
Knight & Warrior finish at about the same time
Inquisitor

No for every class the war starts during the time lapse between chapter 2 and chapter 3. It is more explicit in some cases than in other(Trooper versus Inquisitor), but the war starts during the transition.
Ah, your point about he consular makes sense, I haven't played that class so I'm basing my knowledge of it off of a few threads and another "timeline of the stories" thread. I also haven't played the smuggler so I have no clue where it falls. I still think the agent is ahead of the BH in finishing (my personal conviction no proof) and there isn't much that relates between events in the two that show which came first. I think the Agent was before the Smuggler though. Let me revise my list real quick.

1-2. BH/Agent
3. Smuggler?
4-5. Trooper/Counselor
6. Knight
7. Warrior (possibly exact same time as knight)
8. Inquisitor.
I know if you look deep into your heart- which is currently all over that tree- you'll find a way to forgive me.

Aww, geez you look like a puppy! A blonde, eviscerated puppy!

-Alucard

Captain_Zone
10.27.2012 , 11:01 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Bird_of_Thunder View Post
the SW had Thanaton present so it was before SI. JK was confirmed to be the first story to finish, and SW is concurrent to it
Actually, for continuity reasons, it would have to be BH before JK. Remember, that at the end of Republic Corellia, which takes place concurrently with ALL Republic class story endings, Chancellor Janarus had already been assassinated or resigned and replaced by Chancellor Saresh.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Darkelefantos
10.29.2012 , 05:20 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Actually, for continuity reasons, it would have to be BH before JK. Remember, that at the end of Republic Corellia, which takes place concurrently with ALL Republic class story endings, Chancellor Janarus had already been assassinated or resigned and replaced by Chancellor Saresh.
Basically, what it goes like for Act III is this:

Belsavis:
My guess would be that this is at about the same time, perhaps the Republic starts here a bit earlier, at least that's my conclusion from the World Arc.

Voss:
I know for sure that the SW finishes Voss before the JK, so this is either Empire first or individually different.

Corellia:
This has to Empire first. When the Imperial classes arrive, Corellia is still occupied (mostly) by Imperial forces, then there is that Dark Council member that is your main quest giver who is killed at the end of the Republic arc, and there is the Supreme Chancellor thing. So Imperial Corellia first.

Endgame:
BH finishes above Corellia, so he is likely one of/ the first.
Then IA and Warrior, then SI.
JK finishes at roughly the same time as Warrior.
Consular and Trooper finish on Corellia, so perhaps a slight bit before Warrior/JK/SI.
Don't really know about Smuggler though.

Captain_Zone
10.30.2012 , 10:40 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
Basically, what it goes like for Act III is this:

Belsavis:
My guess would be that this is at about the same time, perhaps the Republic starts here a bit earlier, at least that's my conclusion from the World Arc.

Voss:
I know for sure that the SW finishes Voss before the JK, so this is either Empire first or individually different.

Corellia:
This has to Empire first. When the Imperial classes arrive, Corellia is still occupied (mostly) by Imperial forces, then there is that Dark Council member that is your main quest giver who is killed at the end of the Republic arc, and there is the Supreme Chancellor thing. So Imperial Corellia first.

Endgame:
BH finishes above Corellia, so he is likely one of/ the first.
Then IA and Warrior, then SI.
JK finishes at roughly the same time as Warrior.
Consular and Trooper finish on Corellia, so perhaps a slight bit before Warrior/JK/SI.
Don't really know about Smuggler though.
I agree that JK/SW finish about the same time, since the SW gets the email from the Hand right after the end of Chapter 3 talking about the final JK battle and the Emperor being "critically injured".
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

DarthRamette
10.31.2012 , 08:39 AM | #19
All I do know is that Warrior finishes right after the Knight due to the email you get from the Hand but I would say it happened at roughly the same time, you were busy killing Baras, the Knight was busy killing the Voice. The Warrior does finish before the Inquisitor due to Thanaton still breathing while you are taking out Darth Fat Boy. I just started a Trooper ( lvl 15) so I will be interested in seeing how her story playes out compared to the Warrior. Its hard to tell with the Agent as the finale really has zilch to do with any of the other events that I can tell so who knows where the falls.

Duduneco
12.19.2012 , 11:57 PM | #20
Sorry for the necro, but JK act 2 is about a week or so ahead of the SW because
Spoiler

But the end of act 3 are just minutes apart.