Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TFB Secret Zone

AshlaBoga
02.07.2013 , 01:32 AM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
grats on the 10 stack kill and the entity kill and titles...one problem I have with the way bioware has this set up...it takes 24 to down dreadtooth to get the amulet, but then you have to boot 8 people from the group that just helped you do that awesome feat in order to down entity in 16 man. It just seems like poor design by bioware to screw 8 people out of their entity kill.
I hadn't actually thought of that.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Kitru
02.07.2013 , 01:50 AM | #272
Quote: Originally Posted by Nibbon View Post
On the other end of the spectrum, 16 man raid groups are complaining that they aren't being given special rewards for their extra efforts on their harder content (not necessarily my opinion, but one I have seen).
The "special reward" is supposed to be a greater diffusion of risk (1 person screwing up isn't as big of a deal as it is in 8 man) coupled with a larger and, as such, more normalized loot table (doesn't mean much on the token bosses, but it has a substantial impact on ears, implants, non-set items for specific mods/enhs/etc). The problem also exists insofar as the difficulty of 16m v. 8m varies from one piece of content to the next: back at release, 16m was generally considered to be easier than 8m from my recollections (I swapped between a guild that did 16m and 8m). The "16m is hard enough to justify greater rewards" argument has only really been present with the advent of NiM EC.

I recall back when Nightmare Pilgrim was released there was a fair bit of agitation going about concerning a piece of content that was 16m exclusive, which is even more annoying when you consider that 16m uses a different role ratio than 8m so you can't even combine 2 8m groups to create a 16m group without a tank swapping to DPS (16m is generally 3 tanks, 4 heals, and 9 DPS; 8m is 2 tanks, 2 heals, 4 dps). When it's something as simple as a world boss alone, I don't mind (which is why I didn't mind the whole "Dreadtooth at 3+ stacks is a 16m boss because it was just an effective way of creating a single boss that worked for multiple group sizes), but when it's explicit benefits such as secret boss fights and unique titles, it starts getting into the realm of "if you're not in a 16m guild, you're screwed out of content because you don't like dealing with massive numbers of people". It's hard enough finding a decent group of 8 players that I don't mind socializing with; forcing me to get 16 people to get a title and see a boss fight is simply stating that 8m content is, by design, inferior to 16m.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

BogyOne
02.07.2013 , 01:50 AM | #273
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
grats on the 10 stack kill and the entity kill and titles...one problem I have with the way bioware has this set up...it takes 24 to down dreadtooth to get the amulet, but then you have to boot 8 people from the group that just helped you do that awesome feat in order to down entity in 16 man. It just seems like poor design by bioware to screw 8 people out of their entity kill.
I know it is a difficult concept to seize but let's try it slowly: R O T A T I O N.

What's the obstacle to 24 people from various guilds who banded together to do it again and rotate? In three weeks each member would do secret boss twice and even some guilds would step up this way to 16M ops for good.

It's the matter of succesful mindset to see opportunity where others see obstacles, that's why some will keep winning and some keep failing, easy as that.

CaptCody
02.07.2013 , 06:32 AM | #274
Quote: Originally Posted by BogyOne View Post
I know it is a difficult concept to seize but let's try it slowly: R O T A T I O N.

What's the obstacle to 24 people from various guilds who banded together to do it again and rotate? In three weeks each member would do secret boss twice and even some guilds would step up this way to 16M ops for good.

It's the matter of succesful mindset to see opportunity where others see obstacles, that's why some will keep winning and some keep failing, easy as that.
They would still miss out of the excitement of the first kill. Not to knock rotating people, but it is quite a different experience being there for the first kill.
B O L I D E
Legacy

WillLongstick
02.07.2013 , 09:10 AM | #275
I'd like to point out that if the Dreadfull Orb is just a vanity item like the Czerka crate someone mentioned, it would very likely not have a 24 hour cooldown on it.

Great stuff Carnage, my guild went from passively debating about running 16 man content for variety as everything is on farm in 8 man, to over night setting up a 16 man raid.

tahoeWolverine
02.07.2013 , 09:56 AM | #276
Quote: Originally Posted by BogyOne View Post
It's the matter of succesful mindset to see opportunity where others see obstacles
This. Some people are on PvP servers...that's a bigger obstacle than having to find other guilds to down these bosses. So many people get wrapped up in expecting the content to be tailored to them, what ever happened to allowing BW to have creative freedom to build whatever encounters they want? I'm personally loving this idea that we need to get more people involved.

Has the amulet been tested in 8man yet? To assume that there is no 8man entity might be naive.

About 16man: All of the 16man final bosses (HM/NiM) have been more difficult than their 8man versions. Don't dismiss 16 as the easier content.
DrGordon - Chosen - Prophecy of the Five

Mindsting
02.07.2013 , 10:20 AM | #277
I received this message in my PM box yesterday in regards to the orb...I don't know the person and don't know what it means. Perhaps nothing? I wonder.. It came in this format.

Quote:
The orb is a gateway to something more. You will find it where they scream together in the darkness of your mercy.

The Rogue
Consular - 55 Shadow
JediConsular on Twitch
Begeren Colony

tahoeWolverine
02.07.2013 , 10:25 AM | #278
Quote: Originally Posted by Mindsting View Post
I received this message in my PM box yesterday in regards to the orb...I don't know the person and don't know what it means. Perhaps nothing? I wonder.. It came in this format.
Screenshot? Has your character participated in any 5+ stack kills or Entity stuff?
DrGordon - Chosen - Prophecy of the Five

Rahizm
02.07.2013 , 11:13 AM | #279
Somehow got sucked into this while reading. Love mysteries.

So uhm about that mail from "The Rogue". Sounds like a hint? If you type "star wars+scream darkness of mercy", in google, you'll end up finding an article about Anakin who killed sand people on tatooine while they screamed for mercy.

CrimsonDravik
02.07.2013 , 01:33 PM | #280
maybe the orb is the way to finally get the Wonderous Egg?
Dravik