Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Terrible download speeds? Patch 1.4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Terrible download speeds? Patch 1.4

JediScotsman
09.26.2012 , 12:40 PM | #21
Well, I've had enough of this for now. Let's see if it's still a problem in an hour or so.

XaporKux
09.26.2012 , 12:45 PM | #22
Weird, I don't seem to have a problem. Ten mins and I'm all done - wifi as well. I wonder why it's different for you guys?
"Be safe out there"
Est.Nov 2008

cvaida
09.26.2012 , 12:46 PM | #23
Well I have 2 words for you "Server Consolidation".
Meaning, before, X people downloading from Z servers, now X people (+/-) downloading from Z/5 servers.
If you're "lucky" (as I am), to download from a server that is quite busy, well your speeds will be "awesome".
All in all, until now in September, 2 days they have removed the game from my reach (Consolidation day when the extending went on and on, and today, downtime then downloading 800 for another.. hmm.. I guess 5-6 hours in this rhythm). They should reimburse me for 2 days I guess right?
Now where is that "Customer Shupport" link...

FourPawnBenoni
09.26.2012 , 12:52 PM | #24
2 hours in and still 769.23 MB remaining. It would be nice to see EA address this issue and let us know an ETA for a fix.

StellaRossa
09.26.2012 , 12:52 PM | #25
I like how people are moaning about the download speeds for a patch.

I am coming back after a 6 month break and have to download a 25GB game at 162KB/s.

WarbNull
09.26.2012 , 12:57 PM | #26
I can say that I am also having issues here in Illinois. I have been trying to download this patch all morning. Darn speeds on it are fluctuating and even getting errors.

Strange thing is that my speeds for everything else are fine. Speed Test, Video Streaming, and other downloads are extremely fast. It just seems to be the patch today. Normally my patch downloads for SWTOR are fast. This one is not that same as the others it seems.

This is the message I get when downloading. In fact it popped up again as I was typing this.
Quote:
Network error while downloading patch data. Retrying...
(310)
Maybe I should just quit trying to download it and try it another day when they fix it or have less people downloading the patch.
Khai-Kun Legacy Shadowlands
Smuggler Gunslinger Saboteur
Jedi Consular Sage
Bounty Hunter PowerTech Pyrotech

Morgalica
09.26.2012 , 01:37 PM | #27
ugh I started this download at 11 am EDT. It's now 3:34 EDT
with 612.23 MB remaining.

Can we get a dev responce as to WHY this crap is broken so badly?

And don't give me some bulldung about my ISP or none of that BS, this is on YOUR end there EA not mine.

(I just downloaded a 5 gig game in under 5 mins just to test it)
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
- Ronald Reagan
Peace is merely a farce put forth by those too weak to fight.

JediScotsman
09.26.2012 , 01:44 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by WarbNull View Post
I can say that I am also having issues here in Illinois. I have been trying to download this patch all morning. Darn speeds on it are fluctuating and even getting errors.

Strange thing is that my speeds for everything else are fine. Speed Test, Video Streaming, and other downloads are extremely fast. It just seems to be the patch today. Normally my patch downloads for SWTOR are fast. This one is not that same as the others it seems.

This is the message I get when downloading. In fact it popped up again as I was typing this.

Maybe I should just quit trying to download it and try it another day when they fix it or have less people downloading the patch.
Interesting. I'm also in Chicagoland. Maybe it's a problem that is somewhat regional?

Morgalica
09.26.2012 , 01:52 PM | #29
Nope. at the moment 5 guildmates of mine are all in chi town all were done within 20-30mins of launching the launcher.
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
- Ronald Reagan
Peace is merely a farce put forth by those too weak to fight.

mothear
09.26.2012 , 01:52 PM | #30
Strangely I'm in the EU and downloaded at 1900hrs which should be around peak time, it took 5 minutes . Sounds like a regional or IP issue to me.