Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Terrible download speeds? Patch 1.4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Terrible download speeds? Patch 1.4

Morgalica
09.26.2012 , 12:11 PM | #11

**ten minutes later**

Leave it to EA to turn a good game into a steaming pile of bantha poodoo.

Great job EA on yet another failure thanks to the CEO's and the HNIC's whom clearly have no clue as to what makes for a good game.
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
- Ronald Reagan
Peace is merely a farce put forth by those too weak to fight.

Sarfux
09.26.2012 , 12:20 PM | #12
come back from walking my dog for 20 min...."network error, cannot fetch data 302"

great...oh and my internet is not down nor slow

Obviously cause I'm typing on the net now Please fix this
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

AutoCocker
09.26.2012 , 12:23 PM | #13
Getting a steady 13 kb per second as well. Not to mention various stalled connections with it too. Just to make sure played some other games, downloaded a movie (took a minute) and had not a single problem with anything else.

Gonna give them a day and if it's still like this i am done. Going F2P or not i really just don't care anymore. I enjoy the game but when it's such a headache to do so it no longer becomes worth it.

FourPawnBenoni
09.26.2012 , 12:23 PM | #14
Yes this is very bad, you can't just leave and do something else as eventually the client will get a network error preventing download. Very disappointed right now...

JediScotsman
09.26.2012 , 12:27 PM | #15
I'm really surprised that EA is allowing this to happen after instituting a F2P function in SWTOR, actually. If nothing else, this kind of a fubar situation will inspire some players to just go F2P since obviously paying the monthly charge doesn't improve anything. And I'm saying that as a subsriber, not as a F2P player. I'll still be a subscriber after this, I believe, but maybe not for much longer.

doctor_atomic
09.26.2012 , 12:33 PM | #16
I didn't actually look at any download speeds but I didn't notice it taking any longer than usual.
"Personally, I play a warlock to set people on fire as they run in fear while I steal their souls. As an added perk, I play an undead warlock so I can eat their brains afterwards. I suppose a better question is, why do people play anything else?" (Unknown WoW forum poster)

JediScotsman
09.26.2012 , 12:34 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by doctor_atomic View Post
I didn't actually look at any download speeds but I didn't notice it taking any longer than usual.
Lucky...

maxilo
09.26.2012 , 12:38 PM | #18
wait till everyone and his uncle has finished downloading maybe.

My guess is limited bandwidth. When i downloaded patch very early this afternoon it went really quick. My son came home from work and it is patching painfully slowly for him.

Oldbugss
09.26.2012 , 12:38 PM | #19
Judging by how few people are complaining, it mustn't be happening to everyone. Not that the forums are "the word"
by any means.

I just began the download @ 1:20 pm CST and I am already @ 150mb remaining. Speed is between 1250-1275Kb/sec. So yeah, I am not having this problem.

Service provider? You can have fast internet but it does fluctuate. Maybe they are working on lines in your areas?
I could only guess, try it again.

Morgalica
09.26.2012 , 12:40 PM | #20
I started the download 5 mins after the servers came up. I have guildmates already running the new ops.
Explain that.
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
- Ronald Reagan
Peace is merely a farce put forth by those too weak to fight.