Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Terrible download speeds? Patch 1.4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Terrible download speeds? Patch 1.4

FourPawnBenoni
09.26.2012 , 11:35 AM | #1
I usually have no problems with downloading these large patches as I have a very fast internet connection but the download rates for this patch have been horrible for me. I've been talking to guildmates who downloaded this morning and said they had no problem but I just started and at this rate it will take several hours.

Is anyone else having this issue?

JediScotsman
09.26.2012 , 11:42 AM | #2
I'm definetly having issues. I thought it was my personal internet connection for awhile today, but this is unbelievable. I've been seeing 40 kps at the highest, and it keeps dropping to 0. I'm getting frustrated...

FourPawnBenoni
09.26.2012 , 11:47 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by JediScotsman View Post
I'm definetly having issues. I thought it was my personal internet connection for awhile today, but this is unbelievable. I've been seeing 40 kps at the highest, and it keeps dropping to 0. I'm getting frustrated...
Yes and I can't just let it download and go do something else because after about 10 minutes or so I get a "network error" and it stops downloading. Definitely think the problem is on their end as all other internet functions are normal.

XaporKux
09.26.2012 , 11:48 AM | #4
I thought mine was slow at 700 but...
"Be safe out there"
Est.Nov 2008

Sarfux
09.26.2012 , 11:52 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JediScotsman View Post
Lucky! Mine goes 32 kpbs at highest. Then goes to 0 and says "could not download patch data error 302" but then starts up again. Mine is download at 15kpbs right now

weird..never did that on any of the other patches. It always used to match my speed and download in a SHORT time not take half a day and it's not even halfway
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

SWTOR: Out On the Horizon

Honest Assessment of the Game

So Long, Forums

JediScotsman
09.26.2012 , 11:56 AM | #6
Well, this is ridiculous. I love playing this game, but if I can't even play at all because the patch is simply not downloading, what's the point? Also, my 40 kbps rate lasts for exactly one second, then it drops to 32, then further and further until it just stops downloading at all. *sigh*

FourPawnBenoni
09.26.2012 , 11:57 AM | #7
Yep, mine is average about 15 kb/s also

JediScotsman
09.26.2012 , 12:03 PM | #8
The reason why I know this download just isn't working is that my download speed is almost constnatly fluctuating wildly. That's a good sign that the download just isn't happening at all; if a download is working at all, it tends to have a relatively stable download speed. When if fluctuates like this, then nothing is happening, and the computer is just really confused dealing with information that is coming in.

Morgalica
09.26.2012 , 12:04 PM | #9
Same crap for me I know for sure it's not my end.

EA fix yer blasted servers.

I do NOT want to spend 5 days downloading this flippin patch.
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
- Ronald Reagan
Peace is merely a farce put forth by those too weak to fight.

JediScotsman
09.26.2012 , 12:07 PM | #10
Also, and I just noticed this, my remaining download has been 717.23 mb for awhile. When I checked it recently, it was 716.23 mp. Then it was 715.23 mb. Downloading doesn't work like that. It should be showing some different number after the decimel than .23 at some point. Seriously, EA, get those servers working!