Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Charged Burst sound change 1.4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Charged Burst sound change 1.4

Keiraa
09.27.2012 , 05:58 AM | #21
It's not ONLY Charged Burst, it's also Quick Shot and Lucky Shots Now I have 4-5 abilities that have the same lame Piow Piow Piow sound. I'm a Gunslinger but those sound like water pistols!!
Come on now! You seriously erased those sounds? I just hope it was not on purpose.... How lame will that be Anyway FIX IT!
Some say that it's good, it's less flashy NO IT'S NOT! It's just terrible and hardly unfair to be the only Class with the same sound for 4-5 abilities.

A Patch is supposed to make things better..... not worse.
Here is proposition to make everyone happy! http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...43#post5211043

Please stop messing with my Game-play! Please restore ASAP the old sounds. Cheers....
If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.
Master YODA, Shatterpoint

Ephanie
09.27.2012 , 05:59 AM | #22
When i heard this for the first time i thought the sound file in my computer had messed up and logged out and logged back in only to find that was not true. On my Gunslinger the sounds that have been affected are FlyBy, Speed Shot, Charged Burst and Quick Shot. I agree that now my Gunslinger now sounds like she is shooting a pea shooter and just does not sound right.........GIVE US OUR ORIGINAL SHOT SOUNDS BACK. This sucks.

Magias
09.27.2012 , 07:55 AM | #23
I'm sure they will fix it back guys. Its day one after a major new release patch. While i do agree its annoying to pew pew... I have no doubt the Devs and Bioware will address this problem. Gotta give them time.
Magias - Elder Knight Officer and SWTOR Guild Leader

Magias
09.27.2012 , 08:30 AM | #24
Per Courtney Woods on Twitter, they are now aware of the problem and working toward a solution.

https://twitter.com/Stryder3577

Magias77 ‏@Stryder3577
@SWTOR s there a way to find out if Bioware is aware of this issue or who to contact about it? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=536773

29m The Old Republic ‏@SWTOR
@Stryder3577 Thank you for pointing that out. I will pass that on for investigation. -EM

Magias77 ‏@Stryder3577
@CourtneyWoods Is there a way to find out if Bioware is aware of this issue or who to contact about it? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=536773

2m Courtney Woods ‏@CourtneyWoods
@Stryder3577 We are aware of it and looking into it
Magias - Elder Knight Officer and SWTOR Guild Leader

Nomaad
09.27.2012 , 09:15 AM | #25
Yeah i was wondering if my sound card tanked when i logged onto my gunslinger this morning, um, yah, it sounds um, well, just like BW, FULL OF FAIL!

Immortalelf
09.27.2012 , 10:22 AM | #26
They also changed quick-shot from it's sound too, and ... I'm not happy. I liked the sounds my blasters made, and each sound was mostly distinctive. I miss them.

HansBrolo
09.27.2012 , 11:51 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Magias View Post
Per Courtney Woods on Twitter, they are now aware of the problem and working toward a solution.
Nice job!

Ybini
09.27.2012 , 12:21 PM | #28
It sounds like a looped version of the default attack to me.

bahdasz
09.27.2012 , 12:58 PM | #29
I want BOOM BOOM BOOM not pew pew pew. The change sucks.

Shazmak
09.28.2012 , 08:09 PM | #30
This is so incredibly annoying. I have both a Scoundrel healer and a Gunslinger. They didn't mention anything about changed sounds for Smugglers in the patch notes. They changed Charged Burst, Quick Shot, the Smuggler buff, Emergency Medpac, the icon for Scrambling Field (the only one they did mention in the patch notes), the animation for Scrambling Field to remove the top of the dome which makes no sense but does make it easier to see inside the dome and they changed the look of the additional fly-in cover on Hunker Down, which is now invisible unless you're 2 feet away.

WHY OH WHY???? Was there some mass level of complaint from Smugglers that led you to impose these unwanted changes on us? The animation changes are annoying but the sound changes are egregious. Sound is like tactile feedback, we rely on them! We like them and want them so why bloody well change them???? You already have enough problems keeping customers with slow and buggy content releases so you go and make things worse for yourself by wasting time with small things like sound changes that noone wants?? Goddamit guys, pull your collective heads in!