Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Charged Burst sound change 1.4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Smuggler
Charged Burst sound change 1.4

Darbon
09.26.2012 , 10:51 AM | #1
Charged Burst now have the EXACT same sound as Flurry of Bolts, and there are other issues with the sound for Smugglers.

Why? It just messes everything up. The sound they now share is weak, as opposed to Charged Burst old sound which was more powerful, like the ability. Now they sound the same and it's confusing and annoying. It confuses up the rotation and leaves you a bit lost as you've been used to the old sounds for a long time.

Is this an error in the audio strings or just a very bad design choice? Either way, please fix this.
Françoise - Gunslinger - The Red Eclipse

Ouza
09.26.2012 , 12:23 PM | #2
Tbh as a pvper i like it. It does not attract as much attention, which is nice.

HansBrolo
09.26.2012 , 02:07 PM | #3
The sound effect for Emergency Medpac was also changed... The original (Kolto Jolt's present sound effect) was crisp and clear. The new one sounds distant and muffled.

SmugglersLuck
09.26.2012 , 02:37 PM | #4
This is a problem. It sounds like I'm firing a little pea-shooter and it just doesn't sound right at all. I hate it!
Darth Zumiya
The Keeper of Light Walker of Dreams

Stenrik
09.26.2012 , 03:14 PM | #5
Wow haven't played my smuggler yet but this sounds terrible. I love our sound effects, both gunslinger and scoundrel healing. First they take away the laugh, and now this...?

SpeCacT_AbraXas
09.26.2012 , 03:30 PM | #6
fix this **** it pisses me off and the high pitch tones hurt my ears
Drunk In Republic
Grandmaster of Drunk In Republic

SpeCacT_AbraXas
09.26.2012 , 03:36 PM | #7
also i believe that they messed up the entire audio file as quick shot sweeping fire and aimed shot allshare the same noise
Drunk In Republic
Grandmaster of Drunk In Republic

furyn
09.26.2012 , 05:51 PM | #8
I hate the new sounds for Gunslinger. HATE THEM.

Was this planned?

Are there any changes to move this back to the previous sounds?

Did this happen for sniper as well?

Please change this back ASAP.

Fury

Chrysanthe
09.26.2012 , 06:10 PM | #9
All the sounds you have messed up you have to change back, how on earth could you change decent sounds to more dorky ones is beyond all common sence.

This is unporffesional.

Chrysanthe

Stenrik
09.26.2012 , 06:19 PM | #10
When did anyone ever complain about these sounds... like, ever? That's what I don't understand. UNLESS this is about having a "tell" - I think I remember it being said that snipers have an advantage in PVP because they're less "flashy" than gunslingers, and on the premise that snipers/slingers do best when they're ignored, I can KINDA see it...

(I personally would like to see players have control over their weapon sounds, like a certain mod slot on ranged weapons. So you could put a "silencer" on your gun, etc...)