Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

1.4: New font feedback


Savro's Avatar


Savro
09.27.2012 , 08:59 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
You can adjust the size of your UI in the UI Editor.

http://swtorhub.com/sites/swtorhub.c...WTOR_UI_05.jpg

Either using the 'Global Scale' or if you specifically want to make your OPS window bigger for example you can do that too.
Only two questions:
1) how can I increase the font size in the tooltip that appears when i have the mouse over a piece of my gear (it seems font size 7 to me)? It is not in the interface editor if i'm not wrong.
2) how can I increase the size of the number reporting my hp and my heat, considering that my character panel has already 1.25 zoom and the font size seems 9 to me?

_tegrof's Avatar


_tegrof
09.27.2012 , 09:01 AM | #22
These new fonts look terrible, not game breaking of course, but I'd prefer the old ones.

Lionflash's Avatar


Lionflash
09.27.2012 , 09:10 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Savro View Post
Only two questions:
1) how can I increase the font size in the tooltip that appears when i have the mouse over a piece of my gear (it seems font size 7 to me)? It is not in the interface editor if i'm not wrong.
2) how can I increase the size of the number reporting my hp and my heat, considering that my character panel has already 1.25 zoom and the font size seems 9 to me?
What size monitor do you have? I have tested out 1.25 just for fun when I was messing with my UI and it's overwhelmingly huge. I'm at somewhere between 0.80-0.85.

Do you mean your font looks like this? (at 7)

Perhaps you need a bigger screen. Our receptionist at work got a 24 ince screen because of her cataracs. Can you post a screenshot?

iosifinig's Avatar


iosifinig
09.27.2012 , 09:23 AM | #24
The new font is terrible. Everything is blurry if your screen isn't a NASA one.

Savro's Avatar


Savro
09.27.2012 , 09:52 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
What size monitor do you have? I have tested out 1.25 just for fun when I was messing with my UI and it's overwhelmingly huge. I'm at somewhere between 0.80-0.85.
I have a 19inchs LCD.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
Do you mean your font looks like this? (at 7)
Exactly like that

Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
Perhaps you need a bigger screen. Our receptionist at work got a 24 ince screen because of her cataracs. Can you post a screenshot?
Thanks for the suggestions but the tooltip was readble before, i'm not going to spend money for a swtor patch change, sorry, i don't have so much money. My monitor is ok at 1366x768 for all but swtor (now), it was good, not perfect but good, until yesterday patch...
This is a item tooltip screenshot
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...092717484.jpg/

Immortalelf's Avatar


Immortalelf
09.27.2012 , 10:05 AM | #26
I HATE.. HATE HATE HATE the new font changes. Didn't they do this back in beta and a lot of people complained so they changed it back?

Anyway, yeah.. I hate the new font, I wish there was a way to change it back to what it was, it's terrible.

Bowoci's Avatar


Bowoci
09.27.2012 , 10:08 AM | #27
This must have been an 'undocumented' change, because I didn't see it mentioned anywhere. I thought it was me or simply a bug when I couldn't see half the UI that I was able to see the day before the patch. At least it's NOT my imagination or my eyesight diminishing overnight:X I had to go in and make some of the stuff larger just so I could read it!!

Did anybody ask for this?? Was this some type of problem??

Please change the fonts back to the way they were!

ProsaicProse's Avatar


ProsaicProse
09.27.2012 , 10:08 AM | #28
It would be cool to be able to select the font you want from a handful of choices.

MillionsKNives's Avatar


MillionsKNives
09.27.2012 , 10:13 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
What size monitor do you have? I have tested out 1.25 just for fun when I was messing with my UI and it's overwhelmingly huge. I'm at somewhere between 0.80-0.85.

Do you mean your font looks like this? (at 7)

Perhaps you need a bigger screen. Our receptionist at work got a 24 ince screen because of her cataracs. Can you post a screenshot?
I wouldn't be too surprised if it is a monitor size/resolution problem. I'd venture to guess that the developers are on dual 24"*, so it would be easy to neglect how the font would affect someone with a smaller monitor.

*Seems like the de facto development standard. The last three places I've worked have had the same setup.

Glower's Avatar


Glower
09.27.2012 , 10:18 AM | #30
Bioware please revert this changes. Bring back old text outline! I beg u...

http://imgur.com/H4Zpz
http://imgur.com/vOs68
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "Theyd love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)