Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Barbershops and aging abilities

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Barbershops and aging abilities

sockrocker
10.02.2012 , 07:05 PM | #11
I agree 100%. I was rather disappointed when I first started playing to find out there weren't any options to create a more middle-aged looking character, and that twi'leks and cyborgs only have 3 face options.
"I haven't felt this alive since Tatooine; the first time!"

Kodyack
10.02.2012 , 07:51 PM | #12
It would be nice to have some character "chop shops" in Nar'Shadaa. I think it would be a good money sink.
It is such a quiet thing; to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it. | Never Forget The Bothan Spies.

sockrocker
10.02.2012 , 07:58 PM | #13
New profession: Plastic Surgeon?
"I haven't felt this alive since Tatooine; the first time!"

Cbaoth
10.24.2012 , 06:22 AM | #14
Definitely something the game needs.
Was actually thinking about making it part of the character instead. Like dark side corruption your character would get a more aged look as you progress through the levels. This would of course be something that could be turned on/off as players see fit, just like dark side corruption.
“Pain is weakness leaving the body”

RigbyC
10.24.2012 , 09:34 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Cbaoth View Post
Definitely something the game needs.
Was actually thinking about making it part of the character instead. Like dark side corruption your character would get a more aged look as you progress through the levels. This would of course be something that could be turned on/off as players see fit, just like dark side corruption.
Im going to bounce off this and throw another one at you. There is Dark side corruption which can be toggled, why is there no lightside variant? Like a healthy glow or a more holy apperance? I know it existed in KOTOR2 and was a little suprised it wasnt added into this especially with the DS corruption.

Frog_brains
10.25.2012 , 08:00 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by errant_knight View Post
While I don't disagree at all, I think this is more of a big deal than people think. It would mean a fair number of new textures for aging and scars, tweaked individually for each head, and new hair/beard models with attendant textures. None of these things are difficult, per se--well, hair, a little bit--but it would take a fair amount of resource/time commitment. My guess is that it's already being worked on, but will take some time to develop, given that there are other issues which have to be considered more important. It would make sense to bring something like this out with F2P, but may not be ready in time--assuming I'm right and it's in the works, of course.

I don't actually think this might be as hard as your saying i mean, there are already "older" character models in the game from some of the npc's. now of course the beards and such may need to be adjusted for different face styles, but it wouldn't be like starting from scratch. Like Dr. Lokin, or General Garza.

Cbaoth
10.25.2012 , 08:22 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by RigbyC View Post
Im going to bounce off this and throw another one at you. There is Dark side corruption which can be toggled, why is there no lightside variant? Like a healthy glow or a more holy apperance? I know it existed in KOTOR2 and was a little suprised it wasnt added into this especially with the DS corruption.
Your right..its odd they took it out, but then again is it?
I remember the glow thing from kotor2, but did it really change the features of fx the characters head? Not that I remember. If you look at the movies the light sight guys just look normal and you actually only see the dark side guys change in some way. You have the yellow/red eyes and so on, but to put a glow around the light side guys actually just looks a bit silly imo..but that just me mate:-).

RigbyC
10.25.2012 , 02:18 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Cbaoth View Post
Your right..its odd they took it out, but then again is it?
I remember the glow thing from kotor2, but did it really change the features of fx the characters head? Not that I remember. If you look at the movies the light sight guys just look normal and you actually only see the dark side guys change in some way. You have the yellow/red eyes and so on, but to but a glow around the light side guys actually just looks a bit silly imo..but that just me mate:-).
Fair enough mate, to some degree I actually agree with you tho i thought skin pigment changed a bit. But I would like to see "something" for for being holier than thou rainbows and sunshine out of my *** ^.^

I generally prefer DS so its not much of an issue

Actually thinking about it when my DS SW had certain skills crit id be surrounded by a fiery orange aura. My LS JK had a blue one.... ok this would be the norm. But as said aura seemed get bigger more DS/LS I got do wonder if say my JK was all DS would he have the fiery aura and vice versa

spookysage
10.25.2012 , 06:40 PM | #19
I suppose storyline is a convenient enough excuse for not making aged looking characters an option to begin with - though not for all classes. Maybe they could have tweaked the options by class, like how slave brands are only part of the scar options for, say, Sith Sith and not Jedii Twi'leks.

They've certainly got old character faces in the game already. Could be a problem fitting them to new species - anyone seen a decrepit Cathar around? Unfortunately, a lot of MMOs drag their feet on implementing this sort of thing - took WoW what, two expansions?

Cbaoth
10.26.2012 , 02:24 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by RigbyC View Post
Fair enough mate, to some degree I actually agree with you tho i thought skin pigment changed a bit. But I would like to see "something" for for being holier than thou rainbows and sunshine out of my *** ^.^

I generally prefer DS so its not much of an issue

Actually thinking about it when my DS SW had certain skills crit id be surrounded by a fiery orange aura. My LS JK had a blue one.... ok this would be the norm. But as said aura seemed get bigger more DS/LS I got do wonder if say my JK was all DS would he have the fiery aura and vice versa
Lol..yeah that would be a neat little feature
You might be right about the aura thing mate, I tried to find some screenies of it, but had no luck.
Dont remember the skin being more "lightside" but then again,its been quite a few years since I played it, so you might be right about that to