Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Srgnt Rusk *spoiler maybe?*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Srgnt Rusk *spoiler maybe?*

Lithy
09.24.2012 , 06:04 PM | #1
Does anyone else get the feeling he was originally a character in the plot of the Knight story but was added as a companion because a 5th one couldn't be come up with properly, he feels like he should have stayed on Hoth to me. The reasons given for joining are flimsy at best and it just doesn't feel like he belongs there *not because of his personality or anything, just how he joined up*
Lithium
Imperial Sniper

The Hartshotte Legacy
Tallianna, Gunslinger

Aurbere
09.24.2012 , 06:16 PM | #2
I wouldn't say that, but he had a kinda lame excuse for joining. At least he's useful. Unlike some companions...
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Elear
09.24.2012 , 07:40 PM | #3
Melee dps smuggler companion? Same thing - appears few times during class quests on planet, and then "oh hai I'll join you". Out of classes I've played trough whole story, so far half of them have one such "now that I think about it, *** I'm doing here?" companion.

iamthehoyden
09.25.2012 , 03:58 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Lithy View Post
Does anyone else get the feeling he was originally a character in the plot of the Knight story but was added as a companion because a 5th one couldn't be come up with properly, he feels like he should have stayed on Hoth to me. The reasons given for joining are flimsy at best and it just doesn't feel like he belongs there *not because of his personality or anything, just how he joined up*
The whole commanding officer in the military has ASSIGNED him to a JEDI (when the military has no real authority over the Jedi??). Yeah, I'll go with flimsy. He doesn't even bring anything to the story.
Spoilers for Act 3:
Spoiler

I will say this. The voice on that guy is awesome, I love it. But it's completely bizarre that he gets attached to your crew.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Ohamsie
09.25.2012 , 10:14 PM | #5
I like Rusk enough, but I wish he had been more fleshed out. He doesn't really have much of a character arc like everyone else does.
[THE EBON HAWK] The Groundflyer Legacy
Jedi Sentinel Oham | Sith Sorceror Catalon | Scoundrel Gartrick

Darth_Wicked
09.26.2012 , 02:27 AM | #6
Though I agree with the general perception of Rusk's character, I must say that this awesome moment...

Spoiler

Makes having him worthwhile. Awesome stuff.
Click here for FREE goodies
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth Marr
My "vision" is of an Empire ready to fight across the battlefield of life. That is all I require.

iamthehoyden
09.26.2012 , 08:58 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Though I agree with the general perception of Rusk's character, I must say that this awesome moment...

Spoiler

Makes having him worthwhile. Awesome stuff.
Lol, yeah but Rusk would say the same thing about taking out an Imp patrol armed with pellet guns. The man's suicidal.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box