Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So having played 7/8 stories...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
So having played 7/8 stories...

happysister
09.23.2012 , 12:44 PM | #11
so far, my favorite out of the ones i played is the smuggler story. i love how lighthearted it is, and the smugglers get some pretty amazing lines. it's also the only class where i actually like all of my crew members. smuggler chapter 1 is the best. chapter 2 was a little slow moving, but was necessary to set up chapter 3, which more than made up for the downtime.

jedi knight wasn't bad, though it felt kinda slow up until the end of chapter 2. then it got good.

consular story was kinda "eh". it got better around Belsavis, but was still "eh" to me.

bounty hunter was ok, too, though it always felt like i was cleaning up the Empire's messes.
Spoiler

can't speak for the other stories as i haven't finished/started them yet.
Lorhin - SS/DF Gunslinger
Sashel - Sawbones Scoundrel
<Fortitude>

Thebazilly
09.23.2012 , 01:56 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
I've only finished the SI and SW. I'm currently working on the JK, BH and IA.

What should I work on after that A) Trooper or B) Smuggler???
Definitely a Smuggler. They get the best dialogue in the entire game.

MorgothPl
09.23.2012 , 03:41 PM | #13
Female smuggler will be my favorite one, especially if you go dark side
Spoiler

Next is Sith warrior. Meeting that ensign on Balmorra, turning Jaesa to dark side but most of all, that thing you do to the Jedi on Belsavis
Spoiler

Rest stories are okay....apart from trooper. I actually despise that character. Being true Imperial, I can't stand the goody-goody Boy Scout with cretinous trigger happy droid companion, imperial traitor or cat, whose place is on Dromund Kaas slave market. Even if you play dark side trooper it's still disgusting

Danylia
09.24.2012 , 09:53 AM | #14
+1 to the opinion(s) that the companions are by far the weakest part of the Agent's story/experience. Worse yet, you get the more likeable ones (well, personal preference wise) towards the end of the story, and for the most time are stuck with an exact opposite of what a sidekick of an Imperial Agent should be (thank the god there's at least the opportunity to get your ship droid instead!).

Lithy
09.24.2012 , 10:23 AM | #15
Rusk to me is one of the most pointless companions in the game, he was a Hoth character that to me felt like they picked him up randomly because they needed a 5th companion and couldn't come up with a better way to give you one. The knight story is alright but I found the character companion development and overall story to be superior in the Agent's story. Kaliyo imo is one of the best developed companions story wise. For me trooper has been the worst so far. It wasn't terrible it just wasn't anything special. I've finished 4 stories and working on the other 4 now, so far for me its

1: Agent
2: Knight
3: Inquis
4: Bounty Hunter *havent finished it*
5: Trooper
Not far enough in Warrior, Consular, or Smuggler to comment on them.
Lithíum Hartshotte, Sniper
Exit Area

Tallianna Hartshotte, Gunslinger
Officer of Shadowed

chuixupu
09.24.2012 , 02:18 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Danylia View Post
+1 to the opinion(s) that the companions are by far the weakest part of the Agent's story/experience. Worse yet, you get the more likeable ones (well, personal preference wise) towards the end of the story, and for the most time are stuck with an exact opposite of what a sidekick of an Imperial Agent should be (thank the god there's at least the opportunity to get your ship droid instead!).
Couldn't disagree more. I absolutely love all of the IA companions. I don't get where the idea that some don't "fit" is coming from. Having a foil is where the fun is. Hence Fiona is a great sidekick/love interest to Michael Weston.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Vellem
09.24.2012 , 04:19 PM | #17
I've recently finished my eighth story and my own opinion on how the stories rank would be:

1) Sith Warrior
2) Imperial Agent
3) Jedi Knight
4) Trooper
5) Bounty Hunter
6) Sith Inquisitor
7) Smuggler
8) Jedi Consular

TheronFett
09.24.2012 , 05:07 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post
Having played 8/8 class stories, I have to disagree with you. I found Imperial Agent is one of the better stories. And I have no idea of how you can rank the Sith Inquisitor above....well anything. My personal (quality) rankings are something like this:

1. Imperial Agent
2. Sith Warrior
3. Jedi Knight
4. Smuggler
5. Trooper
6. Bounty Hunter
7. Jedi Consular
208. Sith Inquisitor
This topic gets posted from time to time, and the vast majority of players agree with the above. The IA story is widely regarded as the top one. Only 4 of my toons are listed in my sig, but I've also played JK and Trooper, and still agree that IA and SW are better. Far better.

BH would be #3 on my list, though.

maxetius
09.24.2012 , 07:43 PM | #19
Jedi Knight had a terrible act 1. Act 2 and 3 is sweet.

Karasuko
09.24.2012 , 08:00 PM | #20
Well i've completed 4/8 and am slowly working through the imperial 4 at the moment.
I might seem heretical here but why rank them?
Each story is a different outlook on the galaxy from a different persona's POV. I don't like the idea of segregating them as they each have different perspective thats unique.

I have to admit in alot of places the extra touches done by Bioware are really nice, You do get some interaction betweem the companions of different classes at different times.

Have to admit I am looking forward to finishing up the other 4 quest lines.